(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait....So was that really IJ that stole the figure??? I'm sure you guys are joking....
I am not saying he did, that is the same name, he would likely be friends with Phil(it would be important to him to be friends with him) , he has done some questionable things in the past. :wink1:

d1022fa95e5c7d2a464d725edcec50b5.jpg

Let's change the subject. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. :wink1:

Anyone got any pics of sexy Ewoks from Celebration?

My wife hit me for checking out a few slave leia's. Saw some nip slips, as my daughter pointed them out. So, thats a 7 year okd saying it loudly, and my 5 year old son was yelling "Ewwww", I had to see what was "Ewww". Needless to say, I got no ass from the ball and chain over the weekend but I did get my Hasbro Luke, and some Ewok goodies!

Hmm, I don't know most people's real names on the board so I don't know if that's Irish.

So that guy Phillip at Rebelscum has a museum/workshop and he didn't notice the figure was gone til a few days later? And he had other stuff stolen too? I guess the place is run on the honor system with not much security? Anyone know Phillip personally?

Yes that is Irish. Philip has a workshop that is also a "museum," which he only has close friends and guests of theirs too. I don't know him personally but I'm going off of what I've read and the chatter about. Carl is/was Philip's friend, so an honor system would make sense.

Yes that's the right name but don't think he lives in Ca unless he moved. Yeah he has done some interesting things in the past but this actually surprises me.

Arrested in California, posted bond there. That's just where he was when he was caught. As far as I know he is still an East Coaster.

Mind. Blown. That's really sad. I never really talked to him (maybe once in a blue moon), but I thought he was well liked here, no?

More than some, disliked by a few. I liked Carl, while I never met him iRL, he was fun to talk to, seemed like a stand up guy. Still in a little disbelief about this whole thing. I don't really want to believe it really. While he was a little flippant on FB, he always was a proud father and fun to get into little FB arguments with. I'm glad Philip got his Fett back (which the value of could be crazy, I've seen people value it at 25-35K) and his other MR things but even more so I hope IJ gets whatever help he needs.

. I'm glad Philip got his Fett back (which the value of could be crazy, I've seen people value it at 25-35K) and his other MR things but even more so I hope IJ gets whatever help he needs.

"Help he needs"??? Does he have a known legit issue that fueled his kleptomania? From reading a few things on other forums, it sounds like Philip might not be the only victim. That Fett is a really high profile item. You don't steal and try to to flip something like that unless you're extremely stupid, greedy or desperate. Without knowing him personally I can't comment on that. From life experiences, every time I've seen something like this happen it's been because the person is greedy and trying to see how far they can push the limit.

You're still young. We all have those same feelings though--different paths, etc. I'm 36, got my bachelor's in journalism at 27 and didn't land my current gig working as until I was about your age.

I think of going back to school every so often, getting a masters either in my own profession or something else, or otherwise doubling down on what I currently do and trying to make the most of it, etc. I always feel that more education can never hurt, but good luck on whatever path you choose.

Thanks. Yeah, I talked with an advisor at my previous academic institution yesterday. They changed their teaching program, so now it'd take me three and a half years to finish it, but I'd only have one year left if I just finished my English degree. I'm thinking of doing that and looking at other schools with accelerated post-bachelor's teacher certification programs. I'm hoping all goes as planned.

Yes that is Irish. Philip has a workshop that is also a "museum," which he only has close friends and guests of theirs too. I don't know him personally but I'm going off of what I've read and the chatter about. Carl is/was Philip's friend, so an honor system would make sense.

Arrested in California, posted bond there. That's just where he was when he was caught. As far as I know he is still an East Coaster.

More than some, disliked by a few. I liked Carl, while I never met him iRL, he was fun to talk to, seemed like a stand up guy. Still in a little disbelief about this whole thing. I don't really want to believe it really. While he was a little flippant on FB, he always was a proud father and fun to get into little FB arguments with. I'm glad Philip got his Fett back (which the value of could be crazy, I've seen people value it at 25-35K) and his other MR things but even more so I hope IJ gets whatever help he needs.

Thanks for the info.

It is very surprising to me. Like I said before, I never met him personally but he always seemed fair and level-headed in his posts. I have to think it was a matter of desperation to drive him to steal and betray someone’s trust that he knew personally.

But if he is guilty then I hope he can settle this quickly, most likely pay a fine. Hopefully he is truly sorry and will learn from this experience.

Anyone got any pics of sexy Ewoks from Celebration?
I do have one! Will have to post it later...

My wife hit me for checking out a few slave leia's. Saw some nip slips, as my daughter pointed them out. So, thats a 7 year okd saying it loudly, and my 5 year old son was yelling "Ewwww", I had to see what was "Ewww". Needless to say, I got no ass from the ball and chain over the weekend but I did get my Hasbro Luke, and some Ewok goodies!
Man, I should have hung around you all weekend! I never see that! Although I think I saw a male Slave Leia have a "ball slip" once...

Man, I should have hung around you all weekend! I never see that! Although I think I saw a male Slave Leia have a "ball slip" once...

I'm not going to C2E2 tomorrow, Kenben. I have to take my car into the shop because the a/c smells like a magic marker, so I won't be able to drive to the train station. You guys have a nice time. Tell Gibby I said "hey" if you see him.

I always laughed at the signs at cons that day "Cosplay isn't consent" but the trolls snapping pictures of the less dressed women was such a disgusting thing. I guess with kids, I've started to notice these nasty mouth breathers more lately. It was the creepier side of the con that i just didn't care for.

I always laughed at the signs at cons that day "Cosplay isn't consent" but the trolls snapping pictures of the less dressed women was such a disgusting thing. I guess with kids, I've started to notice these nasty mouth breathers more lately. It was the creepier side of the con that i just didn't care for.

Kenben is the creepier side of the con.

I'm not going to C2E2 tomorrow, Kenben. I have to take my car into the shop because the a/c smells like a magic marker, so I won't be able to drive to the train station. You guys have a nice time. Tell Gibby I said "hey" if you see him.
Aw man!!! Was looking forward to the 4 of us hanging. :( What's wrong with magic marker smells? I used to get high off of those!

I hear what you're saying, but in fairness when they dress in skimpy clothes, they must realize they're going to be photographed many times over, and in many cases, they want that kind of attention. I just hope people are taking appropriate pictures (ie, not trying for upskirt shots or anything like that).

Personally, I take pictures of any awesome costumes, male or female. I love the creativity people put into it. But I do always have to get one Slave Leia at every Celebration. It just wouldn't be Celebration without a slave leia pic. And this year, I think I only took just the one.

"Help he needs"??? Does he have a known legit issue that fueled his kleptomania? From reading a few things on other forums, it sounds like Philip might not be the only victim. That Fett is a really high profile item. You don't steal and try to to flip something like that unless you're extremely stupid, greedy or desperate. Without knowing him personally I can't comment on that. From life experiences, every time I've seen something like this happen it's been because the person is greedy and trying to see how far they can push the limit.

Again, I don't know his situation exactly but stealing from your friends feels like a move of desperation. So I'm at least I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that there is a reason for it to have happened. At least I hope so.

But if he is guilty then I hope he can settle this quickly, most likely pay a fine. Hopefully he is truly sorry and will learn from this experience.

I hope so too.

Sexy Ewoks, it's funny to say that but usually those are the best costumes :lol

There are always weird ones who seems to toss a creepier side to it. Especially the ones who aren't taking photos with the ladies but of them from a far, those are the ones that raise an eyebrow.

Aw man!!! Was looking forward to the 4 of us hanging. :( What's wrong with magic marker smells? I used to get high off of those!

Yeah, I was looking forward to another fury Force Awakens type hangout. That was good times. Plus, I saw the Funko pops at the FYE booth, and I wouldn't mind getting a Trooper with a non-destroyed box.

I guess the magic marker smell might mean I have a leak in the coolant system or something. I've been using my a/c for a little while this year with no problem, but just noticed it a couple days ago. I just had the coolant refilled last year, so that sucks. Hoping it doesn't cost too much.

Kenbencreepbi?

To be fair, the Yoda puppet was far creepier. You're not so bad!

I'll go into further detail. If your just looking in a passing way, no worries at all there. Its the guys that were pretending to take pictures, but where taking head to toe video. I also saw a guy with a media badge that was wanting to make a film of Celebration, but only filmed the Slave Leia's from a side shot, to get a birds eye view from the side of their tops to peek in. That's just flat out weird.
But I also have a sick sense of humor and believe, if you dress like a slut, be prepared to feel and be treated as such. They say slavin' ain't easy, but hiding a hard on in the corner behind Papa Johns pizza cart is much....harder ��

Back