(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first con that goes Thurs to Mon ?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I know, it makes no sense. But my friend tweeted The Star Wars Show to confirm, and they said yes, it definitely ends on Monday the 15th... I have a feeling it won't start at 10am on Thursday. It will probably start at Noon or later. They did that in Europe... And Monday will probably end at 3pm or 4pm. I'm just guessing, of course...

I need some help - I’m looking for a 3.5 mm cable that plugs into USB for power, however, I’m looking for one that has an on/off switch on the cable. That last bit is giving me all sorts of trouble, or I’m searching for it all wrong. Any tips, let me know. Thanks.

Hey buddies, if any of you guys have any plans to go to your local Toys R Us stores before they shut down, could you keep an eye out for these Buzz Lightyear and Woody figures for me? I wanted to get these guys before the world's biggest toy store closes down forever, but mine don't have them anymore.

1_fa9064416336de61a8313472865ae342.jpg

Bump. :yess:

Europe sounds more promising than Chicago. Been there never wanted to go back.

Does anyone know what happened to pixelpiper? He has been MIA for awhile now and I can’t get him to return any messages between here and Facebook.

I finally setup my 1:1 Yoda. At first glance, I was very pleased. But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th glances weren't as nice...

The Yoda statue itself appeared to be fine, before setting it up. After setting it up I found several issues, listed below:
1) The cane is too short. In the auction picture, the cane goes from his hand down to the base. Mine isn't even close. Also, Yoda's hand aims it outward, away from the base, so it will be awkward even if I try to super glue it.
2) The base has a large area where the paint chipped off.
3) His inner toes on both feet are raised in the air, and do not touch the base.
4) He has considerably less hair than in the photo. He barely has any hair at all.
I guess I'm a bit disappointed overall, especially about the cane... I have included a picture showing each issue...

View attachment 409711
View attachment 409712
View attachment 409714
View attachment 409716

I finally setup my 1:1 Yoda. At first glance, I was very pleased. But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th glances weren't as nice...

The Yoda statue itself appeared to be fine, before setting it up. After setting it up I found several issues, listed below:
1) The cane is too short. In the auction picture, the cane goes from his hand down to the base. Mine isn't even close. Also, Yoda's hand aims it outward, away from the base, so it will be awkward even if I try to super glue it.
2) The base has a large area where the paint chipped off.
3) His inner toes on both feet are raised in the air, and do not touch the base.
4) He has considerably less hair than in the photo. He barely has any hair at all.
I guess I'm a bit disappointed overall, especially about the cane... I have included a picture showing each issue...

The pics definitely speak for themselves. Which Yoda is this?

Where’s a shot of the full statue, Kenben?

Sorry it’s got some issues. I still think you could get galactiboy to do some fixes for you and it would still come out cheaper than the Sideshow version.

The pics definitely speak for themselves. Which Yoda is this?
The 1:1 custom statue sold on Ebay by several sellers for like $300...

Where’s a shot of the full statue, Kenben?

Sorry it’s got some issues. I still think you could get galactiboy to do some fixes for you and it would still come out cheaper than the Sideshow version.
You're so demanding! :p No, I'm not shipping this thing anywhere. Too big of a pain in the ass... I'll paint the chipped area of the base myself as best I can. I need to come up with a solution for the cane. Perhaps I'll get a rock to put on the base, and the cane can rest on the rock...

Pics:
View attachment 409723
View attachment 409724
View attachment 409725
View attachment 409726

The 1:1 custom statue sold on Ebay by several sellers for like $300...

You're so demanding! :p No, I'm not shipping this thing anywhere. Too big of a pain in the ass... I'll paint the chipped area of the base myself as best I can. I need to come up with a solution for the cane. Perhaps I'll get a rock to put on the base, and the cane can rest on the rock...

Pics:
View attachment 409723
View attachment 409724
View attachment 409725
View attachment 409726

There was someone on RPF some time ago who made Yoda cane. Better give a look on their sale section.

Pics:
View attachment 409723
View attachment 409724
View attachment 409725
View attachment 409726

He doesn’t look too bad. Maybe you can put a bug underneath his cane like he’s getting ready to squash it. Yoda looked like a mofo. :lol

There was someone on RPF some time ago who made Yoda cane. Better give a look on their sale section.
What is RPF?

He doesn’t look too bad. Maybe you can put a bug underneath his cane like he’s getting ready to squash it. Yoda looked like a mofo. :lol
Yeah, I thought of putting a rock under it. A bug or critter is a funnier idea. Gotta see if I can find something...

Yoda looks good

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes, he looks much better than I expected, although he's balder than he's supposed to be... Not sure what he's made out of. Somewhat rubbery feel to it, but it's stiffer. Not rock hard though. It's not polystone, that's for sure... It could be resin, but I'm not so sure...

Back