(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they are right about the value. Make some vintage affordable again lol

Stuff like that never happens to me...

Wow, this thread has been quiet. I haven't been in here in a week, and didn't miss much... My play opens next Thursday, so I've been busy with that... I look forward to it ending (the night before the Super Bowl), so I can start getting free time back again... This play has been particularly grueling for me. For some reason, I had a harder time memorizing my lines. Alzheimer's must be setting in...

I'm still busy finishing up final numbers for inventory. Should be done Friday or Monday though and can pop in more then. I hope to one day come see you in one of your plays, and heckle the hell out of you from the audience. :lol but it will be one that you do in the summer time... screw heading to WI in the winter... brrr. Although Indy hasn't been that much better I'm sure... -7 or so for a week there. ugh.

I've seen you mention that you work in plays a couple times and was always curious what aspect you were involved in. And what kind of plays are these, just meaning what kind of organization?
Well, not "work" as in paid (although I have been paid for shows in the past, long ago). I have a Theater Degree (double major with Television Production) and try to stay active as an actor. I aim to do one show every year, but last year I did two; 5 shows since January 2015, after a long 19 year hiatus. Since I came out of "retirement", I've done all 5 shows with the same theater company, but it is the most prestigious community theater in Milwaukee, so we always get reviewed in the various newspapers and websites... It keeps me busy, otherwise I'd just be home watching movies or playing video games or surfing the net... I try to do shows in the winter (4 years straight), when there isn't much to do outdoors. I've been fortunate to get cast in every winter show that I've auditioned for. There were only 2 shows I didn't get in thus far, and one is likely due to needing 9 days off to go to Europe for SW Celebration...

Two years ago this evening, myself and a few cool guys here met George Lucas! Totally accidentally! :panic:
What a coincidence, me too!!! Although I think mine was more FATE than by accident. :wink1:

A mod asked me to let there be peace on Earth for the holidays, so I stopped posting. Orthodox Christmas was Sunday.
Now all hell is gonna break loose!

I think everyone who started a TLJ thread should be banned for two weeks. :monkey3
:lol

I'm still busy finishing up final numbers for inventory. Should be done Friday or Monday though and can pop in more then. I hope to one day come see you in one of your plays, and heckle the hell out of you from the audience. :lol but it will be one that you do in the summer time... screw heading to WI in the winter... brrr. Although Indy hasn't been that much better I'm sure... -7 or so for a week there. ugh.
There's no heckling in theater!!! (in Tom Hanks voice) I still need to drive down by you, to steal see your collection... If you do ever make it up my way again, I'll need at least one week's warning to prepare my house. it's in sad shape right now... It was looking so good in August, but now it's a mess...

:hi5: :1-1: :chase

Finally got a chance to store away the Sex Trek print you sent me! Thanks again for that!
Should I be jealous? :monkey1

Totally unrelated, but I just came across this picture from SDCC 2011. It's with me and Waller, basically sitting next to each other, but we didn't know each other well back then. It's the night we first met... It seems like we've known each other longer, but that's what the date shows... This thread was started a few months later...

Freaks Party-My Table.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like Waller was keeping his distance.

I still haven't gone to my second viewing of The Last Jedi. It might have to be on blu-ray.

It looks like Waller was keeping his distance.

I still haven't gone to my second viewing of The Last Jedi. It might have to be on blu-ray.
It's much better in the 2nd viewing...

Is that a SS party? Me and Swabie are probably there drinking lol
Yessir! Pretty sure Swabie was not there. I looked through 47 pics, and he isn't in any of them...
That was the year they only sold like 25 tickets, and had a lot of Sideshow sculptors etc. at the party, to mingle with. And then they raffled off the prototypes. I won a Battle Droid. I think Josh won the Obi-Wan mythos, IIRC. Besides Waller and Josh, in the pics I recognize Sam, Lonnie, Darklord Dave, and Battletroll... There was an after-party later with more people... But I think I went to see Spike & Mike's Festival of animation, so skipped the after party...

Totally unrelated, but I just came across this picture from SDCC 2011. It's with me and Waller, basically sitting next to each other, but we didn't know each other well back then. It's the night we first met... It seems like we've known each other longer, but that's what the date shows... This thread was started a few months later...

View attachment 386555

Yep, that was the first time we met. That was the only time I went to SDCC. After that, tickets became a ***** to get.

Yep, that was the first time we met. That was the only time I went to SDCC. After that, tickets became a ***** to get.
I don't know if I knew that was your ONLY SDCC. I had gone from 1998-2011, only skipping 2002 due to appendicitis the week before. But like you, I couldn't get tickets after that. I didn't even try last year. And this year I was going to try, but they sold tickets super early so I missed out again. 2019 will have Celebration, so I probably won't bother with SDCC. I'm curious if 2019 will have TWO Celebrations (US and overseas). I'd probably do both, unless they were consecutive weekends.

Well, not "work" as in paid (although I have been paid for shows in the past, long ago). I have a Theater Degree (double major with Television Production) and try to stay active as an actor. I aim to do one show every year, but last year I did two; 5 shows since January 2015, after a long 19 year hiatus. Since I came out of "retirement", I've done all 5 shows with the same theater company, but it is the most prestigious community theater in Milwaukee, so we always get reviewed in the various newspapers and websites... It keeps me busy, otherwise I'd just be home watching movies or playing video games or surfing the net... I try to do shows in the winter (4 years straight), when there isn't much to do outdoors. I've been fortunate to get cast in every winter show that I've auditioned for. There were only 2 shows I didn't get in thus far, and one is likely due to needing 9 days off to go to Europe for SW Celebration...

:duff That's cool that you figured out a way to get involved again. I'm in one of those periods where I'm pretty sick of my job (not sure if it's just the particular company or the type of work) so my ears perk up anytime I hear that someone is working on something creative/interesting. I also need to get back into some of the other creative outlets (writing/music) I put aside when college and then work began to dominate most of my free time.

:duff That's cool that you figured out a way to get involved again. I'm in one of those periods where I'm pretty sick of my job (not sure if it's just the particular company or the type of work) so my ears perk up anytime I hear that someone is working on something creative/interesting. I also need to get back into some of the other creative outlets (writing/music) I put aside when college and then work began to dominate most of my free time.
I hear ya. It's good to do something creative, to get your mind off of things. You should totally do that! It's good for your mental health...

It's much better in the 2nd viewing...

Yessir! Pretty sure Swabie was not there. I looked through 47 pics, and he isn't in any of them...
That was the year they only sold like 25 tickets, and had a lot of Sideshow sculptors etc. at the party, to mingle with. And then they raffled off the prototypes. I won a Battle Droid. I think Josh won the Obi-Wan mythos, IIRC. Besides Waller and Josh, in the pics I recognize Sam, Lonnie, Darklord Dave, and Battletroll... There was an after-party later with more people... But I think I went to see Spike & Mike's Festival of animation, so skipped the after party...
Oh was that the one at Tilted Kilt? We came later, we snuck in to the 501st party earlier I think

Back