(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I'm keeping three pieces of original comic book art. Anything else I come across in my collection will either be sold or donated to the CBLDF...

I'm keeping...

1. Usagi Yojimbo tip in art, breathtakingly gorgeous.

2. Grendel (Hunter Rose) spread, full of carnage and mayhem, exquisite, and hand colored and tinted by Matt Wagner!

3. Mouse Guard page won at SDCC to support the CBLDF, portraying Liam, Kenzie, and Saxon.

Even though those three pieces alone represent a nice down payment on a car... :horror

10501805_10152669890714674_8882090524567804338_n.jpg

Putting the art up all over the house reinvigorated my spirit yesterday. It's so nice to see walls with art, rather than barren as they had been for a year.

Each of these pieces is very special to me.

I'll also, of course, be keeping all of Flosi's and Thom's work too. I was just narrowing down the original published art I have...

Always wanted a Mignola Alien piece. He did one issue, a one shot. I saw a piece in someone's hand at a panel during a SDCC many years ago, but I've never found one with a dealer.

Always wanted a Mignola Alien piece. He did one issue, a one shot. I saw a piece in someone's hand at a panel during a SDCC many years ago, but I've never found one with a dealer.

This book? I had no idea he did one. Too bad he doesn't do interior art anymore. I loved his style because it was unique. :(

alsv.jpg

I use my Costco Amex and my Hilton Amex for most everything. I get a few hundred back from Costco and a **** ton of points on my Hilton card. Then I use all my Hilton points from card and work stays on vacations. It nice to be able to take a vacation and only have to worry about what I spend when I am there. And neither have annual fee.

Sup boys? I'm still alive, barely. No time to catch up, just sayin hello. We just signed the papers to close on our house Friday and I'm in frantic mode putting all our belongings in misc houses, storage units and trucks. See y'all in about a week...

Sup boys? I'm still alive, barely. No time to catch up, just sayin hello. We just signed the papers to close on our house Friday and I'm in frantic mode putting all our belongings in misc houses, storage units and trucks. See y'all in about a week...

Sounds like my next four days. Speak soon, brudah!

Hope everything goes well, Titus. I can;t imagine what you;re going through. :(

I had Mignola draw me a cat, which I think of as Jones. He seemed a bit put out by the request, as it appears he can just doodle a very quick HB without even looking. I had him add it to an earlier sketch of an Alien. Same thing happened with the Alien. He was like, "I don't draw that." And I whipped out the issue, and said... "You drew this, right?" I'm such an *******.

I had Mignola draw me a cat, which I think of as Jones. He seemed a bit put out by the request, as it appears he can just doodle a very quick HB without even looking. I had him add it to an earlier sketch of an Alien. Same thing happened with the Alien. He was like, "I don't draw that." And I whipped out the issue, and said... "You drew this, right?" I'm such an *******.

:lol:rotfl:lol

And, here it is. Drawn at separate times, about a year apart. I just really wanted that cat added in!

0ddcb21b65c0f8522e1a67244dc90b41_zpsa92de138.jpg

I like to think of the exclamation thought bubble as, "**** you, stupid fanboy!" :lol

Back