(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Meanie! I'm quite vulnerable this week. I think I'm over-tired... :(

No worries man. The fact you took the time was helpful in itself. However, if you happen to come across a vintage R2 (solid chrome top) with a vintage sticker in good shape, let me know. My current one has a replacement sticker, so this is my final piece in the hunt.

Wow, it must feel so good to be that close. Actually scratch that, I've been 1 piece away from a full set on a few things (actually chasing one now) and it's exciting and frustrating at the same time. :lol

No. Although I know Gus, I don't know him that well. I'm working on that! Duncan Jenkins, who co-wrote all of the books with Gus, is the one I know. He also has an impressive collection with many film props and things that would give us instant stiffies. His entire house is Star Wars as well. His wife, Anne, also loves Star Wars, which helps immensely. She makes awesome SW jewelry that she gives away at every Celebration. I would love to be Gus or Duncan! But I'll just settle for visiting their awesome collections...

Well, that's a start. Get to it! ;)

Meanie! I'm quite vulnerable this week. I think I'm over-tired... :(

Dude, you're working yourself ragged. It's ok. :1-1:

699 more posts until my giveaway! ;)

I just noticed that I'm less than 20 away from 10k. I'll have to do a giveaway once I'm moved in. Everything is packed. :lol

I have found the hotbed of Japanese school girls. Tokyo disneyland in the afternoon. Even the train was 90% them. It's kind of funny and creepy at the same time.

I have found the hotbed of Japanese school girls. Tokyo disneyland in the afternoon. Even the train was 90% them. It's kind of funny and creepy at the same time.

Were they legal?

Were they legal?
No clue I would guess no.
Whats legal over there? 18.. Japanese college girls would be a dream come true haha

I think its 17. Even then it's creepy I could have a daughter that age easy. The shocking part is there are hardly any guys to be seen their age.

Hmmm... According to the site, The Power of God is "Ralph's one contribution to Raiders of the Lost Ark". Then what was that McQuarrie pic you posted a few pages back? That looked like Raiders of the Lost Ark to me... It had the Ark in it for sure...

It wasn't McQuarrie. It was a painting he used as a reference for his own.

This movie still cracks me up. :lol

Wow, it must feel so good to be that close. Actually scratch that, I've been 1 piece away from a full set on a few things (actually chasing one now) and it's exciting and frustrating at the same time. :lol

The blaster was a pain in the butt to track down. R2 will be a cinch compared to that. At least, I hope he will be. :pray:

Disappointed there was nothing special Star Wars wise and actually barely anything. Maybe 10 items.

The blaster was a pain in the butt to track down. R2 will be a cinch compared to that. At least, I hope he will be. :pray:

Some accessories are just plain tough, especially when it's a one off and to a rare figure. That's why I try to collect beater carded figures. With Indy I was going to go loose but finding a legit loose Indy and Marion are insanely hard and expensive. This makes me nervous for Star Wars, especially those last 17.

Yeah I had a few weapons that were a pain to locate. And due to that I ended up with lot of extras since I could get lots off eBay for less than the one or two weapons I needed.

No worries man. The fact you took the time was helpful in itself. However, if you happen to come across a vintage R2 (solid chrome top) with a vintage sticker in good shape, let me know. My current one has a replacement sticker, so this is my final piece in the hunt.

Hopefully you got a good deal on it. There are several different R2s.... not sure I would know exactly which one you were looking for without a pic of it.

Solid chrome top is just the original R2. No sesorscope not pop up lightsaber.

I've got one I bought on RS for $16 if you want it. Unless by solid chrome top you mean something I'm not familiar with.

I can send you pictures tonight if you're interested. Wait! Are we talking loose? :lol

Some accessories are just plain tough, especially when it's a one off and to a rare figure. That's why I try to collect beater carded figures. With Indy I was going to go loose but finding a legit loose Indy and Marion are insanely hard and expensive. This makes me nervous for Star Wars, especially those last 17.

Yeah, those 17 are a pain. At first I wasn't going to bother, but I knew it would always bother me that my set wouldn't truly be complete.

Yeah I had a few weapons that were a pain to locate. And due to that I ended up with lot of extras since I could get lots off eBay for less than the one or two weapons I needed.

Hopefully you got a good deal on it. There are several different R2s.... not sure I would know exactly which one you were looking for without a pic of it.

It's just the original R2, like mfoga said. No holes for a sensorscope or pop-up saber, just a solid top.

Yeah, which Artoo are you looking for? Just a regular? LMK

That's the one.

I've got one I bought on RS for $16 if you want it. Unless by solid chrome top you mean something I'm not familiar with.

I can send you pictures tonight if you're interested. Wait! Are we talking loose? :lol

Yep, my vintage set is loose only. I'm don't dare venture into the carded hobby, this hobby is already expensive enough.

Back