(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

I think that's why Star Wars is so special to me. You can have people piss and moan about Lucas and his ridiculous changes, but I'd rather remember what it was like to be a kid living and breathing Star Wars. I don't want to be some old bitter guy who sits at his computer shaking his fist at Lucas about things he can't change. :lol

:lecture I am glad some people get it!

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

I think that's why Star Wars is so special to me. You can have people piss and moan about Lucas and his ridiculous changes, but I'd rather remember what it was like to be a kid living and breathing Star Wars. I don't want to be some old bitter guy who sits at his computer shaking his fist at Lucas about things he can't change. :lol

:hi5:.......you old fogey...........:lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUH9TDSO5es"]Spaced - What a Prick! - YouTube[/ame]

That is seriously epic! Very jealous.

Thanks man! :wave

Bah. Cool 400%ers in your collection, though. I eventually want to get Alien in that scale.

Yeah, they've referenced the old toys in color schemes, accessories, and even card art.

KUBRICK-StarWars-HanSolo_CARD-2-1.jpg

carbonite1.JPG

They actually did 2 series of cereal characters, some more obscure than others (they had a couple Tony variants), and they did a separate release of Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and the Booberry ghost

Damn. Now that's a very cool, unique thing to have kept as a kid. I was born in '80, so I wasn't old enough to hold onto those kinds of things, but I do think my parents still have the kid's book + audio tape for Star Wars. I should probably try to track that down when I visit them. . .

I know. I was a huge Kubrick collector. I had the Alien too.

Well put Batty.

Stay off my lawn! :mad:

:lol

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

yes sir..........:wave

btw battsworth..............how many times did you watch star wars (you know the original) when it first came out in 77'?

yes sir..........:wave

btw battsworth..............how many times did you watch star wars (you know the original) when it first came out in 77'?

Believe it or not, it was only twice. The first time my dad took me and my younger sister. The second time was with a couple of my friends and one of their dads.

The next time I saw it was probably in the mid 80s when it was shown of tv. It's funny how now you buy a copy of a movie less than 2 months after it hit the big screen. Imagine what it was like to wait 6 or 7 years! :panic:

<-----9 times...........:lecture................:woo

so yea im a member of the.........
EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

club.....................:lol

I think if I had lived closer to a theater I would have gone every day. :lol As it was, the only way to go was to have an adult drive you. :(

I think if I had lived closer to a theater I would have gone every day. :lol As it was, the only way to go was to have an adult drive you. :(

yea, i had to beg my brother to take me & that bastard would only take me if i did his damn chores for him............:mad:

i still send him hate mail every year cleverly disguised as a christmas card.........:yess:

I consider myself very fortunate to have seen all the SW OT, Raiders and Superman 1 in the theater on their original release dates :horror (and all the greats after those).

I didn't go see Halloween 1, Alien or The Howling though, My brother said they were too scary. :(

Man was there a long wait between movies w/o the internet :lol

Now that I think about it, no cell phones and no cable TV (just rabbit ears).

Social media happened on the street! :lol

But seeing a movie was really exciting because it was truly unspoiled!

M7X2v.jpg

I like how Carrie Fisher's name is under the picture of Ford. :lol

This happens all the time on movie posters. Actors have 'billing order' built into their contracts but this doesn't always translate to the best poster design. Marketing might have a poster design that features the leading actor's picture front and center. Yet they might also decide to span the leading cast's names across the top margin. Since the lead actor has top billing this means his/her name is at the far left.

Man was there a long wait between movies w/o the internet :lol

Now that I think about it, no cell phones and no cable TV (just rabbit ears).

Social media happened on the street! :lol

But seeing a movie was really exciting because it was truly unspoiled!

It really is crazy how differently we approach media from 20-30 years ago. Everything is generally right at our fingertips whereas back in the day it took a lot of work to find any information on upcoming films and even then it was spotty at best.

Honestly the internet has taken quite a bit of fun out of new movies. I prefer going into a movie cold and experiencing it like I did when I was younger.

Although on the upside the inernetz did protect me from buying George's latest ass raping of the OT :lecture

Back