Action Figure Flash Gordon 1980 movie - Rocket Cycle model! FINISHED PICS! Dec 14th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

With a massive amount of excitement, I am thrilled to be able to share with you these pics of the fully finished Hawkman Rocket Cycle model from the 1980 Flash Gordon movie.

This has been built and finished by the extremely talented Pete_SSS. I want to publicly give my thanks to Pete for dealing with all of my comments and countless photoshop adjustments that he took on board throughout the many months of the project. Prior to the physical build, SteveStarkiller spent many weeks creating a 3D model in sketch-up so we could be sure that the proportions and sizes accurately matched the full size movie prop, but were scaled down to suit the 7 inches tall action figure (manufactured by Bif Bang Pow).

Here are the pics of something I've waited 31 years for!
FLASH GORDON APPROACHING...on a Hawkman Rocket Cycle!

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-01.jpg

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-06.jpg

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-04.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Flash Gordon 1980 movie - Hawkman Rocket Cycle model!!!

Here's an earlier "in progess" pic showing the Flash figure and the handlebar console.

DSC02656.jpg

Looks sweet. Built from scratch? Plus where did you get the '80s Flash?

Very cool! You should post this in the custom section.

Man, I was a big fan of the movie, which I saw in the theaters! Already an action figure collector then, I wished a figure of flash and the rocket cycle were done...but noooo...

Well, anyway, that is a cool rocket sled and very impressive rivet work, I like everything about it except...except, it's not mine!

WOW!!!! That is all kinds of awesome! Can’t wait to see pix of the finished piece!

That is so cool i grew up with that film and desperatly wanted toys when it came out. The Biff Bang Pow figures were realy good but very hard to get in the UK.

Thanks for your comments guys. Glad you like it as much as I do.
For those who have commented about wanting one of these since seeing the movie - that's exactly how I felt.
Kits or build-ups of this will be made available when I've got confirmation of price.

If anyone is interested - please email me:

[email protected]

Chris

Hi everyone,

We're getting really close to completion now! Some modifications have been made to the rocket launcher tubes and the center console has now been added so we can get a better idea of how the finished model will look. Additional details have been molded and cast. Just got to do the details at the rear of the cycle and the boat shaped hull to the underside.

Check out the pics!

Flash-Gordon-Rocket-Cycle-Side.jpg

Flash-Gordon-Rocket-Cycle-Front.jpg

Flash-Gordon-Rocket-Cycle-Top.jpg

Re: Flash Gordon 1980 movie - Rocket Cycle model! NEW PICS - Sept 29th!

Hi everyone,

With a massive amount of excitement, I am thrilled to be able to share with you these pics of the fully finished Hawkman Rocket Cycle model from the 1980 Flash Gordon movie.

This has been built and finished by the extremely talented Pete_SSS. I want to publicly give my thanks to Pete for dealing with all of my comments and countless photoshop adjustments that he took on board throughout the many months of the project. Prior to the physical build, SteveStarkiller spent many weeks creating a 3D model in sketch-up so we could be sure that the proportions and sizes accurately matched the full size movie prop, but were scaled down to suit the 7 inches tall action figure (manufactured by Bif Bang Pow).

Here are the pics of something I've waited 31 years for!
FLASH GORDON APPROACHING...on a Hawkman Rocket Cycle!

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-01.jpg

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-06.jpg

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-04.jpg

Last edited:
Back