Flash Fiction Contest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mlarsen said:
It'll be interesting to read some of the submissions. Especially the winning one!

Whoever wins that Troll is going to be criticized more harshly than Vader's helmet! I foresee a "Mine Was Better" thread several pages long...

Actually, I just hope that whoever wins is a board member, so we can celebrate with them! It would be a bummer if the winner was a mysterious stranger who we never got to congratulate.

So now there's 4 winners and 10 Honerable Mentioned canidates that turn into a "viewers choice" type run-off.

Huh.

I'm going to have to start sucking-up to everyone so they vote for me if it comes to it. :D

Maybe someone from Sideshow was reading this thread and saw we really did want to read some of the non-winners also. Now we have the opportunity to read 10 more. I think that's great. Being able to vote will be fun.

Thanks again Sideshow.

tomandshell said:
Whoever wins that Troll is going to be criticized more harshly than Vader's helmet! I foresee a "Mine Was Better" thread several pages long...

Actually, I just hope that whoever wins is a board member, so we can celebrate with them! It would be a bummer if the winner was a mysterious stranger who we never got to congratulate.

what Troll do they win?

Mookeylama said:
what Troll do they win?

The winner can choose between an AP Cave Troll, an AP Darth Vader, and AP Dr. Doom, or a set of Buffy 12" figures. The winner also receives a $450 gift certificate. Not bad!

I tried to entice people to post their entries on-line at the SideshowCollectibles.com comment-on-this-article page but only got one person to post and she turned out not to have entered her story after all.

Would anyone like to post their story in this forum?

I wish I could.... Mine was lost when my computer died. Now the only chance I have of reading it again is if I were to win.. :confused:

It was about collecting SSC and the poverty that ensues. That somehow we still continue, remaining happy even as our stomachs grumble angrily...

oh well, guess I will have to wait and see...

DarkArtist81 said:
I wish I could.... Mine was lost when my computer died. Now the only chance I have of reading it again is if I were to win.. :confused:

It was about collecting SSC and the poverty that ensues. That somehow we still continue, remaining happy even as our stomachs grumble angrily...

oh well, guess I will have to wait and see...

If you email the account that was set up for Flash Fiction inquiries (flashfiction at sideshowcollectibles) with your name and title of the story, I'm sure we could dig it up for you if you don't win and want to post it and/or keep it for good times.... :duff

SideshowDusty said:
If you email the account that was set up for Flash Fiction inquiries (flashfiction at sideshowcollectibles) with your name and title of the story, I'm sure we could dig it up for you if you don't win and want to post it and/or keep it for good times.... :duff
Hey Dusty, I like your new avatar. Can we see a bigger version....my old eyes ain't what they used to be....and who is the arteest?:google

I think it's pretty funny! If you look at the expression on Leia's face, it's kind of like she knows that she's being made to kiss her brother.

tomandshell said:
I think it's pretty funny! If you look at the expression on Leia's face, it's kind of like she knows that she's being made to kiss her brother.

:horror

I know. It's the good kind of wrong.

LOLOL - that's a caricature done by Randy Martinez, who draws cartoons for the Star Wars Insider magazine, as well as other things. I mentioned to him that I used to make my Leia and Luke figures kiss (before I found out they were siblings of course), and he thought that was just hilarious.

:horror :wacky :angelsmil

Back