First Time to NEW YORK COMIC CON - Need Guidence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KneelBeforrSmallville

Super Freak
Reaction score
Whats up fellow freaks, sorry if this is the wrong thread but i need some help. IThis october im trying to go to NYCC and i wanna go on a grand scale and make it worth while.

Where should i stay? I want a close Hotel to the convention and a good area.

What should i bring? How much cash and any specifics you can think of, help me out :)

:dunno

I'm curious too as I will happen to be in NYC during the first few days of NYCC and want to see if it would be worth my while to pop in for a few hours on one day.

I'll be there as well. I'm staying at the cheapest hotel they had on their website which is still within walking distance. From what I hear it's getting good attendance (90,000+, I'm not sure if this is confirmed, but I should probably look it up). I have also heard that it's a better convention for the artists, because it's more focused on the art and comics, and doesn't have so much of Hollywood and games around it like SDCC.

My wife is actually finishing up a cover that will be an exclusive for this convention and will be sitting at a couple booths for some signings. We're excited because it will be our first time to NY.

As far as cash....you probably won't need to bring much. $200-$300. Many of the artists and companies are starting to get those card readers on their smart phones and can swipe cards as payment (I saw it happening at the Phoenix Convention this year, not so much at SDCC though, when we start exhibiting next year we will be doing it).

Unfortunately I can't really help out on hotels, because this is our first year, and our biggest thing was keeping costs as low as possible while staying close to the convention center.

Perhaps we could meet up sometime, it's about time I start meeting some freaks at these conventions (especially if my wife is going to be tied at a booth for a little while, I may want to walk around a little, and not stick around her the whole time she is there).

Whats up fellow freaks, sorry if this is the wrong thread but i need some help. IThis october im trying to go to NYCC and i wanna go on a grand scale and make it worth while.

Where should i stay? I want a close Hotel to the convention and a good area.

What should i bring? How much cash and any specifics you can think of, help me out :)

:dunno

I can't offer much in terms of hotel advice, etc. I'm not familiar with NYC or the area.

But as you know, I'm all about the guests, meet and greets, and autographs.

My typical Con 'gear' includes:

-Heavy duty, expanding file (with plastic dividers)
-Cash!
-Camera

The expanding file I store all of the autographed photos in. There's WAY too many people running around, bumping into you. If you're planning on getting autographs, you're going to need it. I went without one for years....don't know how I survived though. Life is a lot less stressful. :lol

And I checked out the guest list from last year, if there's that many big names this year, bring cash. At an average of $30 a pop for an auto....it's going to add up....fast.

And of course, a camera. I normally don't take many photos, but it's always nice to have on-hand, especially for the bigger cons.

I know you've been to cons before, so this is probably 'old news', but I figured I'd throw my 2-cents in. :lecture

Thanks freaks for all your help! its really helping!! This is the biggest i have been to , reading there averaging about 90 thousand peeps that pretty big. I want a good hotel in walking distance and a good location. I know to bring money cause the meet & greets add up fast!

Hopefully i see you guys there and the freaks can own NYCC!!!

Thanks again guys, feel free to post more of your advice if you feel the need!

Thanks freaks for all your help! its really helping!! This is the biggest i have been to , reading there averaging about 90 thousand peeps that pretty big. I want a good hotel in walking distance and a good location. I know to bring money cause the meet & greets add up fast!

Hopefully i see you guys there and the freaks can own NYCC!!!

Thanks again guys, feel free to post more of your advice if you feel the need!

No problem! :rock

I know it's a ways off, but let us know how it goes. Sounds like it will be a blast.

if you can make it over to BROOKLYN they have these kinds of rats living there

giant_rat2-300x223.jpg

il be there as well. have a table for a book i am working. my advice, don't buy food at the con because its expensive and try to get the vip tickets. the lines to get inside that place are nutso!

Anyone know if Jim Lee and Geoff Johns will be doing signings at this con? I'll be going too. I think someone should make a thread with all the freaks that are going. I'd love to meet all of you!!

If Sideshow or any other toy company was there I'd go. I wasn't impressed last time I went.

Back