First time in New York

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo

Super Freak
Reaction score
16524920.jpg

Hello Freaks, :wave

First, sorry for my bad english but I come from Belgium and I speak french :rotfl

So I open this thread to talk about my future city trip!
I going to New York this year for the first time ( between the 26/12 ----> 02/01 )!

I'm really excited about this amazing adventure! It's really a dream come true for me and I really want to do the things "right"!

So your mission is really simple :lol
I want your advices on what to do in this city!
I really want to do specials things :)

More precisions about the trip! I'm leaving with 3 good friends and we really want to discover the city! All the advices are welcome
We like sports, discover, girls, drinks, good food, enjoy ahah
So If you have suggestions about restaurants, bars, nightclubs, shopping, nba, baseball, place where films are made, ... I take it

Thank you very much for you time,

Take care,

Nico

I was in NY for the 3rd time a month ago - amazing city. I reccomend having a walk in central park, going to top of empire state building, visiting statue of liberty... regular tourist things, but they are worth it.

I was in NY for the 3rd time a month ago - amazing city. I reccomend having a walk in central park, going to top of empire state building, visiting statue of liberty... regular tourist things, but they are worth it.
Eheh thank you buddy! Yeah, I think that I can't miss these things the first time! :) It's on my list already :p
If you have non tourist things to do, I take too ^^

Good luck! Stay classy NY!

Fans' treatment of Cliff Lee's wife at Yankee Stadium was ugly, but it might not have hurt the Yankees' recruitment of one of the game's top left-handed pitchers.

During the American League Championship Series games in New York between the Yankees and Rangers, fans were extremely rude to Kristen Lee, spitting and throwing beer in her direction and shouting obscenities.

i'd keep your wallet in check the entire time and carry a lot of sani-wipes if i were you. a surgical mask isn't a bad idea either. don't breathe too deep. good luck.

I can't stand the tourist invasion during the holidays. I'd keep far away from Time Square and anywhere near midtown. MOBBED with out of towners.

With that said, I'd go to the Village. I like a bar called Peculier Pub. They have a beer menu of like 300 beers from all over the world. Not too far away is the Fat Black _____ Cat. And near that is a great seafood spot called Pearl Diner. Try the lobster roll and fried oysters.

I hear times square is amazing during the holidays. I also really enjoyed china town. But it is pretty damn dirty and far to busy for my liking.

So youve been to a clean china town before? i sure as hell havent.

I grew up in NYC!! I love it...and miss it! :(

Everyone here has given u great advice....so the only thing I would say is to travel light around town, and make sure u have ur wallet and all other possessions on check at all times. Always be aware of ur surroundings.

Buy a weekly Metro card for subway and bus travel.
Make sure u have some sorta subway map on ya for spontaneous rides through the subway and bus.

Carry around hand sanitizers.

Try the PIZZA! :drool

Go to a Japanese restaurant called Ninja! :rock

Go to all the touristy places...since it's ur first time!
Seaport, Central Park, Empire State Building....my favorite is St. Marks st.

Stay out of Queens. :lecture

Oh and take alot of pics for me! :)

Have fun.

And yeah...China Town is cool....but the people there are the meanest people in NY. Little Italy is awesome too!

I grew up in NYC!! I love it...and miss it! :(

Everyone here has given u great advice....so the only thing I would say is to travel light around town, and make sure u have ur wallet and all other possessions on check at all times. Always be aware of ur surroundings.

Buy a weekly Metro card for subway and bus travel.
Make sure u have some sorta subway map on ya for spontaneous rides through the subway and bus.

Carry around hand sanitizers.

Try the PIZZA! :drool

Go to a Japanese restaurant called Ninja! :rock

Go to all the touristy places...since it's ur first time!
Seaport, Central Park, Empire State Building....my favorite is St. Marks st.

Stay out of Queens. :lecture

Oh and take alot of pics for me! :)

Have fun.

And yeah...China Town is cool....but the people there are the meanest people in NY. Little Italy is awesome too!

that sounds like great advise there, i haven't been to NY EVER, and really not into crowds, but it is one thing i'd still like to do before i kick off.
i guess it'd be on my bucket list.:yess:

really, inspiring eh! wth is that pic of :dunno

:rotfl

I think we were on our way to Grand Central(or 5th Ave!?) when we passed this guy on Bryant Park grooming himself outside in the middle of the night. Kinda felt sorry for him but I had to take a pic. Love how his shirt/tie combo contrast his suit! He's all dapper-like even though he was high or drunk, whichever. Gotta love NYC locals!:D

Back