First look at Daniel Craig figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well anyone who listened to the latest podcast knows that I support Craig....:lol

But seriously, not a single Bond actor in history has had a smooth transition. Connery was not well liked by Fleming, and every one since has had quite a bit of fan backlash on the casting decision. It used to be because they thought it should be more like Connery was, NOW it's Pierce. Personally, I think every Bond has brought something interesting to the character, some new twist.

Connery was classic, the Bond we knew first.... dashing and charming, but rugged as well.

Lazenby was great as well... and actually his movie was one of the better ones story wise IMO. The cinematography in that film was fantastic. He felt more like the literary Bond come to life...

Moore brought life to the series when it was dying a bit.. He brought out the humor and playfulness of Bond. His movies were the most outlandish, but featured some of the same flamboyant villians as the first few Bond films. I really enjoyed his Bond thoroughly.... and he had almost RED hair! Let that sink in for a moment Bond fans..........................ok, moving on...

Dalton was the brooding Bond, his movies were very interesting to me because you never knew what he'd do next. His Bond was emotional and raw, who would risk everything... including his career.... for a friend.

Pierce was the most classic Bond since Connery, hence why he's so loved. The man could be charming, funny, emotional and tough all in the same scene. He's also the Bond most of the younger people I know recognize because we grew up watching HIM as Bond. He will always be my favorite, right behind Connery.

Now.... Craig may have blond hair.... but he looks to bring back some of the things I have loved about Bond in the past. Rugged and insanely tough like Connery... A loose cannon of sorts like Dalton. Emotionally fragile and closer to Bond from the books like Lazenby. And suave like Pierce. Not sure about the comedy yet.... so Moore's style might sit this one out. :lol

So you can bet your a$$ I'm getting this figure. :D

I'll be getting the Craig figure too. Although I'll probably end up cancelling most of the legacy collection figures. They are just "too much in too little time." I might keep Brosnan, but probably cancel the rest (and hopefully pick them up later and hopefully for cheaper, but being site exclusives I doubt that). :monkey2

As much as I hate the casting of Craig as James Bond, I like his SS outfit, I'm sure CR as a movie is going to be good, and I want at least one figure of each of the six Bonds.

wofford29 said:
looks more like Steve McQueen to me.

My thoughts exactly!

As for the casting of Craig for Bond, I'm all for Daniel playing Bond. The trailers look amazing so far!

Concerning the figure, that likeness looks awful to me.

DarkArtist81 said:
Well anyone who listened to the latest podcast knows that I support Craig....:lol

But seriously, not a single Bond actor in history has had a smooth transition. Connery was not well liked by Fleming, and every one since has had quite a bit of fan backlash on the casting decision. It used to be because they thought it should be more like Connery was, NOW it's Pierce. Personally, I think every Bond has brought something interesting to the character, some new twist.

Connery was classic, the Bond we knew first.... dashing and charming, but rugged as well.

Lazenby was great as well... and actually his movie was one of the better ones story wise IMO. The cinematography in that film was fantastic. He felt more like the literary Bond come to life...

Moore brought life to the series when it was dying a bit.. He brought out the humor and playfulness of Bond. His movies were the most outlandish, but featured some of the same flamboyant villians as the first few Bond films. I really enjoyed his Bond thoroughly.... and he had almost RED hair! Let that sink in for a moment Bond fans..........................ok, moving on...

Dalton was the brooding Bond, his movies were very interesting to me because you never knew what he'd do next. His Bond was emotional and raw, who would risk everything... including his career.... for a friend.

Pierce was the most classic Bond since Connery, hence why he's so loved. The man could be charming, funny, emotional and tough all in the same scene. He's also the Bond most of the younger people I know recognize because we grew up watching HIM as Bond. He will always be my favorite, right behind Connery.

Now.... Craig may have blond hair.... but he looks to bring back some of the things I have loved about Bond in the past. Rugged and insanely tough like Connery... A loose cannon of sorts like Dalton. Emotionally fragile and closer to Bond from the books like Lazenby. And suave like Pierce. Not sure about the comedy yet.... so Moore's style might sit this one out. :lol

So you can bet your a$$ I'm getting this figure. :D

That has to be one of the best mini-essays on what each Bond actor has brought to the role and series. It makes me realize that none of them were really awful. They all had their own style, and I think that occasional reboot is part of what has kept the franchise alive for so many years.

Kudos to you!!! :chew

Back