clone custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leebro

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I just started buying these clones and thought they looked amazing. After doing some research on paint, How tos, and finding clones on ebay to paint, I've finished my first custom clone. Alot of my inspiration comes from Spudtrooper, who makes amazingly detailed clones and other characters from star wars. I plan to make the whole 501 st squad, wolffe's squad and rancor squad atleast. If anyone has any tips on how I can make blitz,colt,hammer, and havoc please msg me or leave a comment. My thought right now is to buy echo/fives but it may get expensive and I am very new to painting and dont know how I can repaint and keep that dirty helmet look.

The paint I used was a little too dark but Im ok with this as a first custom to make and will probably keep the rest of the 501st the same color just to keep them the same

Dogma
image1 (7).jpgimage2 (6).jpg

Also all tips for cleaner paint jobs and anything with paint and getting pieces such as the arc trooper helmets are appreciated

Nice job dude. :clap

The Rancor Battalion project can be expensive but its so worth it if you're a clone junkie. I can give you some tips on keeping the dirty white armor look that Sideshow does. It'll take some practice but its a really awesome result. Hit me up any time you need pointers. And I cleared my inbox now. :D

Thanks for all the feedback guys still trying to make straighter lines and I think for future projects i might not use glossy.

So I bought a new set of brushes today and decided that I would paint the phase 1 helmet also even though I dont think they ever show Dogma with a phase 1 helmet. I also made the lines on the chest piece and legs straighter. I plan on start one of the troops from rancor squad in the next few days since I just got another echo, just need to figure out what paints.

image1 (8).jpeg

Somone from rancor squad not sure which yet I have the echo but im trying to see if i can get some non glossy paint

I bought a few typed of painting tape and the testor one I used didnt work well. It might have been because I didnt make sure it was seals but I still got some paint on the sides

Started Blitz today almost ****ed up my helmet really bad still needa figure out how to weather ir more towards the sideshow weathering

WIP Blitz
image1 (10).jpeg

Thanks Spud trooper for all the help and tips

Looks really sharp and clean.

HAHA trust me its not as clean as it looks it just the flash. I did some weathering to my helmet and im not 100% happy with it. My painting skills arent very even yet ill be posting the finished thing soon just finishing the kama right now.

Im not 100% happy with the paint job and the paint job u see in the pervious picture on the helmet was the first of many. I dont really know how to get a color that will make with the armor and it wasnt even as you can see so the watered down black paint got stuck in some holes.

image2 (7).jpegimage1 (11).jpeg

Also the only thing im really happy about was how the diamond pattern came out. I ended up destroying an entire deck of cards by taking a diamond card and cuting out a template from it

I bought 2 new clones today from Wraithnine Customs. He has 2 more clones left, wolfpack trooper and commander stone. He also has a large collection of astromech droids.
This is the link to his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms/timeline
check him out, im really happy with the clones i bought from him paint is nice and smooth.
image2 (9).jpeg
The custom gun he made, suberb. I love it so much and now i want to make a few custom guns. (shortned DC_15A blaster rifle with scope attached)
image1 (13).jpeg

Back