Firefly vs. Serenity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly or Serenity 12"?

• Total voters
I voted "Firefly" but I would die to get a figure of this:

ser10.jpg

That would top my wants for a Serenity PF line! Just River Tam, amid all the destruction, entirely unfazed!

The pragmatist in me says SS should pursue a Serenity license. The more revenue Universal can generate under Serenity, the better chance a continuation of the franchise might get the green light.

But the fan in me screams Firefly:
1) More iconic imagery to be had there - Jayne's hat/Vera, Kaylee's overalls with teddy bear patch, Simon's original suit and glasses, Zoe's leather vest, Wash dressed in-character (i.e., festive print shirt rather than some random, circa-1980's GI Joe uniform)
2) I kinda resent the unnecessary change they made to Mal's Browncoat in the movie...went from a quietly cool coat destined for fame to more of an uninspired generic "futuristic-y" style for the movie
3) Wider selection of MUCH-better 2nd tier characters (that also happen to be more visually interesting, IMHO): Sapphron (sp?), Badger, Jubal(!), Niska and Claw..
4) I could get my 12" Starship Troopers collection kicked of right by purchasing multiples of those low-tech Alliance troopers :rotfl

Anyway, I'm all-in for either line and if the Serenity license gets us closer to a new movie/DVD then full steam ahead (I'll console myself with River in a cool dress, Books' corn rows, and the Operative).

But, for the record, I voted for Firefly...

If only "main" characters would be produced I would say Serentity. But if secondary characters were also an option, I'd go with Firefly. I agree a Universal license would probably be easier to obtain.

olvidadero said:
I voted "Firefly" but I would die to get a figure of this

Agreed! :rock

I don't know that a Universal license would be easier. SSC already has a relationship with Fox licensing for a Joss Whedon TV series.

But a River PF in the above pose would definitely be hot seller.

LordAzrael said:
I wish Sideshow would hurry up and make Caleb for the buffy line. I reckon Mal's outfit is relatively easy to customise - and a 1/6th scale version of his gun & holster is available already

https://www.stevostoys.com/SciFi.htm

th_MalRig.jpg

Yup, Sideshow could easily test the waters by giving us a Caleb/Mal, Jasmine/Zoe, Hamilton/Jayne and Ballerina/River and see how well they sell! The ballerina one may be a bit hard to turn into River with the hair being up and her most likely on tippy toes but the other three would be easy to do!

Firefly Flanatic said:
Yup, Sideshow could easily test the waters by giving us a Caleb/Mal, Jasmine/Zoe, Hamilton/Jayne and Ballerina/River and see how well they sell! The ballerina one may be a bit hard to turn into River with the hair being up and her most likely on tippy toes but the other three would be easy to do!

Geez - I didn't realise Gina Torres, Adam Baldwin and Summer Glau had all been in Angel - damn we might have a chance yet of getting Firefly figures through the backdoor so to speak.

Even if they did the non-Firefly figures then did generic Sci Fi costumes that just happened to match the Firefly ones!!!

Firefly.

I'd love a kaylee in her 'shindig' dress, and also in her 'serenity' outift (the one where she's in her overalls & chinese style jacket and has her parasol). I'd kill for a Jayne in his orange hat, and there's so many great dresses that Inara wore too.

The only drawback would be missing out on a river in her final battle scene dress from the movie. But then again, i'm not too keen on exposed arms for sideshow figures.

Either way it goes, considering past experience; you know you will be lucky to see more than half of the main cast...if they ever get made.

I'll just continue to roll my own, thanks.

Back