Firefly statue you've been waiting for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguru1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I don't know about you guys and girls, but here's the statue I've been waiting for: https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=67507

Sure, I'd rather a sideshow PF, but this is shaping up to be the next best thing. Still needs some detail work, but thats the pose I wanted and done right, with a good paint app it should sit very nicely next to my LOTR 1/6th statues, etc.

Here's hoping it all goes well.

river1yn9.jpg

Nice find, it looks very good.

Is that your private comission? Or are you the sculptor?

If not how sure are you that the sculptor will be offering this as a Kit?

Nice find, it looks very good.

Is that your private comission? Or are you the sculptor?

If not how sure are you that the sculptor will be offering this as a Kit?

No, I'm not the/a sculptor and no it's not my private comission, tho I can tell you I was getting very close to looking into doing one, but no real need now.

As such, I'm not sure at all that it will be offered as a Kit, apart from his own comments that it could be.

So I figure that the more that know about it, the greater the likely hood that it turns out very good, the more requests he gets for a Kit, the more likely it will happen.

Failing that, if he's willing to sell, I call dibs on the one he's making now :p

I could have sworn I have seen a statue kit out there in that pose already.. *sets off to scour the interwebs*

Looks pretty cool - I'd consider getting that as a kit. Although it's difficult to tell if the likeness is there.

Never fight a chick when she's really pissed- It must be that time-o'wait yes it is. EHH!

The DST statue is her standing up surveying the destruction at the end of the fight, but it does include the same weapons.

This pose is from the international poster.

The DST statue is her standing up surveying the destruction at the end of the fight, but it does include the same weapons.

This pose is from the international poster.

And the DVD cover of Serenity (well, the one I have anyway).
Besides, based on the images of that DST statue, it doesn't look very good.

hmm, thats sort of there, tho the face has a few problems and the head is turned around more then it should be

Besides the pose (which is the one on my poster) her face needs serious work. I don't see River in there.

Yeah, the one in progress looks to be a better likeness and positioned ok. Sideshow Sideshow Sideshow, why do you forsake us so ..................... :(

That's not River. I still think the best River is the little PVC figure in the Dark Horse three piece set. Mal and Jayne are good also, for such little figures.

I'd kill for a PF of Mal and one of River...

Back