Firefly 10th Anniversary - Browncoats Unite - Nov 11 10PM ET Science Channel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

Super Freak
Reaction score
Figure it's good to get this out there early. I always seem to get alerts in stuff I'm interested in too late.

Next week on Science Channel:

November 10, 7AM ET - all day Firefly marathon
November 11, 10PM ET - Browncoats Unite (SDCC reunion recap special)

Worth catching Homeland on repeat or on demand later.

Better? Better than a new, never before seen interview? Noooooooooo.

It is my favorite movie, but I am excited to see something new.

Netflix anytime anywhere, I know I can be a Buzz Kill but for those that don't have it, Enjoy

BTW Buffy I am on my second season BTVS

I can say one thing Charisma is a B!tc# and Willow can be naive but it is all good, looking forward to more slaying.

Everything changes my friend. Trust me. Be sure to watch Angel as well, once you get started on season 4 of Buffy. Not before. Everything with Cordy will make sense.

Wanna hear something funny, I never watched Firefly and had no interest until I caught probably the last 40 mins of Serenity today. I immediately checked Netflix afterward hoping for the episodes and there they were. I watched the first two and I really loved what I saw. I can't wait to check out the rest of the season. The only bummer is that I know is that is as good as it gets. :( Bummer it was cancelled. I'll probably check out Serenity this weekend and try to get the rest of the episodes in this week. :rock

Wanna hear something funny, I never watched Firefly and had no interest until I caught probably the last 40 mins of Serenity today. I immediately checked Netflix afterward hoping for the episodes and there they were. I watched the first two and I really loved what I saw. I can't wait to check out the rest of the season. The only bummer is that I know is that is as good as it gets. :( Bummer it was cancelled. I'll probably check out Serenity this weekend and try to get the rest of the episodes in this week. :rock

You will be forever changed. :yess:

That was a really good special. It's interesting to hear about what was going on with Inara, also the ideas they had for episodes. Some really dark ideas. They all seem to be down with it coming back though, so perhaps something will happen in the future beyond the comic books. If they want to do a show or a movie they better do it quick or it'll be just too late. Maybe they could do something like what was being done on Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome---digital sets, that way they wouldn't have to rebuild the set and they could do something like a 2 hour TV movie.

We heard about some really dark ideas for Inara from Ben and Jose, and we did NOT like them. We didn't watch the interview last night. We dvr'd it. But if it has to do with her being sick and the Reavers...I am not happy to hear that idea again. I hated it and hadn't stopped thinking about it when they shared that idea. It was awful.

I'm OK with the idea that her big secret was that she was dying, but I don't think it would have been a good idea to have her get massively raped by reavers, after something like that I don't think the show would ever be fun again, kind of like how Buffy got more and more depressing as things went on.

I'm OK with the idea that her big secret was that she was dying, but I don't think it would have been a good idea to have her get massively raped by reavers, after something like that I don't think the show would ever be fun again, kind of like how Buffy got more and more depressing as things went on.

Just finished watching, and yep. I knew it! When Jose and Ben told us that a handful of months ago, I was not okay. I honestly think as time went on they would have seen that to be a VERY bad idea.

I wouldn't have wanted Inara to die, period. But the Reavers thing is too ridiculous.

I have heard this story a hundred times and it always ends the same. Welcome to the Browncoats!

Just finished watching, and yep. I knew it! When Jose and Ben told us that a handful of months ago, I was not okay. I honestly think as time went on they would have seen that to be a VERY bad idea.

I wouldn't have wanted Inara to die, period. But the Reavers thing is too ridiculous.

Well, Inara wouldn't have to die in the series, it's just a plotline, plus they could have had it where she gets cured.

I think for me, my ultimate ending for the show would have had Mal die, that would be like the series finale.

I’d trade Inara for Wash any day. Inara was my least favorite character and to me she came across as a bit too pretentious. I really think Mal and Saffron made a better couple (or even Nandi, not to mention they are WAY better looking than Moreena Baccarin). In a way I’m glad the show ended when it did because every single episode is amazing. The longer something goes on, the more filler episodes you tend to get and the overall feeling of “awesome” drops a little.

Back