1/6 FINALLY: the white Tantive IV entry hallway!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joost, just a thought but any consideration to doing a budget version of the Tantive hallway? Like having just one side of the wall as a background and then the floor, with similar dimensions to the death star backdrop. I'd definitely be down for one of those as I like the open spacing it provides for the figures.

I really like that idea. I might do that. What wall should we use? The side wall with the boxes or the door opening?

I really like that idea. I might do that. What wall should we use? The side wall with the boxes or the door opening?

I'd been thinking of a cut down version as I think 3 enclosed sides with a roof and floor is going to be pretty dark in a lot of set ups and the beauty of many detolf set ups is you can see the figs from the front and through the sides. I like to take advantage of side views even though mine are in a bank of 3 units (picture below). I was wondering if a "budget"could be the entry at the back with perhaps only one side (as suggested - could be placed on either side) or perhaps 1/4 sides i.e. the two sides only extend a 1/4 of the way to the front which would allow more natural lighting but also frame the door - I'm thinking similar to the blast doors on the last deluxe. I know this isn't very budget though. I only mention it now talk of a cut down version has emerged. I had planned on perhaps not installing one side (although I have yet to order and price dependent might prefer a besta sized one of this diorama now that is a possibility).

6718F6D0-7A6C-46B7-9ED9-31DBDF1F848A_zps6iruhnu0.jpg

As I look at my detolfs I'd love to get one of your floor panels and background pictures for the space troopers to make something like this (ignoring scale issues):

snapshot20061217175309.jpg

Should be pretty easy and cheap.

Joost, just a thought but any consideration to doing a budget version of the Tantive hallway? Like having just one side of the wall as a background and then the floor, with similar dimensions to the death star backdrop. I'd definitely be down for one of those as I like the open spacing it provides for the figures.

That sounds awesome. IMG_0488.jpg

I've always been partial to the walls with the boxes as I think of the droid scenes in the Tantive a lot as well and those walls seem so unique, plus two would likely look great side by side.

c-3po-and-r2-d2-aboard-the-tantive-iv.jpg

But the door is obviously so iconic. If you did have the walls as the background and the door available as an end piece you could even recreate the hallway scene in profile with a couple shelves side by side. (*Note: Trooper on the ceiling being slashed in half not included).

Momaw has some nice ideas as well. Anyhow, just a thought as there definitely seems to be some excellent re-use potential.

But the door is obviously so iconic. If you did have the walls as the background and the door available as an end piece you could even recreate the hallway scene in profile with a couple shelves side by side.

Oh nice idea. Just need some rebel troopers. Imagine if you had three detolfs side by side with the box wall as the rear of each. Stormtrooprs one end, rebel troopers the other, and in the middle two droids.

I love the idea of doing cut back versions, I'd even be open to losing the floor and having just the back wall and maybe the 1/4 side walls as suggested.

Doing the door as a side piece and the wall as a background next to another detolf with a wall background is a great idea too! You could even put the cut in half ceiling Trooper half in one detolf and half in the next.

My preference after hearing all of the ideas people have been coming up with is configurable detolf displays, just backs and floors and maybe one wall or no wall. Made to be able to put multiples side by side to extend displays or by themselves. I have 6 detolfs in a row so it would be crazy to have a giant scene across, I currently have two of the budget Death Star backgrounds side by side and it looks cool.

I would definitely buy at least 1 or 2 walls with boxes! It would be great if a doorway was also an option. I also prefer an open look without ceiling.

Back