Finally The Wait Is Over

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought next to the CT the size would really show to all looking at these photos. It's an amazing piece to own and be able to stare at above ya. The Mud spots in person really aren't noticeable at least on mine.

There is a slight bend in it. Kind of like what we have seen with other pieces. I just haven't gotten the hair dryer out yet to bend it back.

Those are some awesome pictures! Thanks for the comparison to the cave troll, as that really illustrates the sense of scale :horror . The shot next to Pip is one thing, but the Cave troll is so massive, it is just shocking to see him dwarfed like that. Congratulations! It must be nice to have the wait be over. I am still waiting for my shipping notice, but Amy at SS said my order was processed financially (I pay by check), so I can only imagine it is moving along now...

Seaward said:
Those are some awesome pictures! Thanks for the comparison to the cave troll, as that really illustrates the sense of scale :horror . The shot next to Pip is one thing, but the Cave troll is so massive, it is just shocking to see him dwarfed like that. Congratulations! It must be nice to have the wait be over. I am still waiting for my shipping notice, but Amy at SS said my order was processed financially (I pay by check), so I can only imagine it is moving along now...

Well, we have seen him have several pics taken with Pip which shows his size but Pip is a small hobbit statue. A picture taken with the CT a big piece in its own right I thought would really show the massive size of Sauron. It's nice to finally have the wait over. I ordered this when I first got going collecting these pieces so to finally have something I ordered that far back is dam nice, and the character is just so cool SS nailed it on this one for me it's a 10/10. I hope yours and everyone else Sauron comes intact and you all end up as happy as I am.

Oh the hair dryer treatment. One more question comes to mind. Is this statue 100% polystone or are the helm, armour and mace metal?

If it's metal then no hair dryer can bent it. :p

HighElven said:
Im not that impressed by this statue. I am not getting it, I think it is too big, and too much money.

dude, you HAVE TO get this one...

really this might be the only one i really want... well, this and the Morgul Lord... oh and the KOTD... the rest i could care less about...

HighElven said:
Im not that impressed by this statue. I am not getting it, I think it is too big, and too much money.

Your entitled to your opinion as everyone here is.. but I just can't imagine anyone not liking this. Too big? Its in scale with the rest of the line. Sauron is just a BIG guy.. and to have him any smaller would have been a HUGE mistake...

Too expensive? I think everybody here will agree that SS totally messed this one up and actually charged too little for it. Not that ANYONE is complaining.. but the fact that this is the same price as the Mumak is just crazy. The mere size, detail and overall quality of this statue should put it up way higher. Plus, you can find it much cheaper on ebay.. and I'm sure that price will continue to drop for a while once the flood starts...

I really don't understand how ANYONE could say that they don't like this.. but then, don't you just collect helms and busts HE?

Lookin4Precious said:
Your entitled to your opinion as everyone here is.. but I just can't imagine anyone not liking this. Too big? Its in scale with the rest of the line. Sauron is just a BIG guy.. and to have him any smaller would have been a HUGE mistake...

Too expensive? I think everybody here will agree that SS totally messed this one up and actually charged too little for it. Not that ANYONE is complaining.. but the fact that this is the same price as the Mumak is just crazy. The mere size, detail and overall quality of this statue should put it up way higher. Plus, you can find it much cheaper on ebay.. and I'm sure that price will continue to drop for a while once the flood starts...

I really don't understand how ANYONE could say that they don't like this.. but then, don't you just collect helms and busts HE?

Yeh Lord Sauron IS the lord of the rings afterall. How could a collection do without him? :) He is meant to be huge, and i'm glad ssw didn't sacrifice the size for cost and other issues etc...

Infact it would be even more awesome if the statue is in the same scale as the mini helm (1/4), that would mean the statue would be even bigger! :google

Thanks for the non-fanboy reply L4P (No sarcasm)
I will go through your points-
Too big- Sure it is the 'right size', but for me it is too big. I could defiently fit it in my room, but I just think it is too big.
Too expensive- Again, sure it is a good price. But for me, I'm 15, dad buys these things for me, and I cant justify him paying $300 for this, when I know I wouldnt, ever, spend my own money on it.
As for collecting, I collect everything, but I dont have that much, only 4 statues and 6 busts, and then quite afew helms but being cheaper dont impact as much.

I am glad they made him big! I think for the price, he is a great value too.

Now, where is mine?!?! ;)

HighElven said:
Thanks for the non-fanboy reply L4P (No sarcasm)
I will go through your points-
Too big- Sure it is the 'right size', but for me it is too big. I could defiently fit it in my room, but I just think it is too big.
Too expensive- Again, sure it is a good price. But for me, I'm 15, dad buys these things for me, and I cant justify him paying $300 for this, when I know I wouldnt, ever, spend my own money on it.
As for collecting, I collect everything, but I dont have that much, only 4 statues and 6 busts, and then quite afew helms but being cheaper dont impact as much.

Cool HE, I understand that you are younger, and that is AWESOME that your dad gets these things for you!

As I said, your entitled to your opinion. Maybe later on in life, when your collection has grown a little you'll have a change of heart. But then again.. maybe not. S'all good

That's cool HE. Your missing out but it's not a piece that hits you and makes you want it. It will be around for a while if you change your mind.

noelleon69 said:
Oh the hair dryer treatment. One more question comes to mind. Is this statue 100% polystone or are the helm, armour and mace metal?

If it's metal then no hair dryer can bent it. :p

No metal at all on this piece. I believe the mace is the type of plastic that you get with the swords. So it should bend back with a little heat.

Back