Finally made the transition to collection Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yacobschlomo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started collecting action figures around 4 years ago. First with Marvel Select and Neca figures. Then started getting into Revoltech and Figuarts. Then some Kotobukiya ArtFX. Late last year I started collecting Masterpiece Transformers. Earlier this month, I took the plunge I started collecting Hot Toys figures. I've purchased around 20 so far. It's a terrible addiction, but also a very enjoyable one. To keep myself from spending too much money, I think I'll focus on collecting Marvel figures only with a few exceptions.

Picked up the following figures this month and still looking for deals on Avengers Hulk, Iron Man Mark VI, and Iron Man Mark I v2.0

Iron Man Mark V
Thor - Dark World
Iron Man Mark XVII Heartbreaker
Man of Steel: Superman
Iron Man Mark XXXV Red Snapper
Captain America Stealth Suit
Steve Rogers - The Winter Soldier
Iron Man Mark XXXIII Silver Centurion
The Winter Soldier
Iron Man Mark XLII
Iron Patriot
Iron Mark Mark XXXVIIII Starboost
Joker MMS68
The Crow - Eric Draven
Tracker Predator
Loki - Dark World
Iron Man Mark II - Unleashed
Batman DX12
War Machine Mark II
War Machine
Iron Man Mark IV
Michael Jordan (Enterbay)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I couldn't help myself. These things are awesome. I need to stop for a while.

Holy cow!!!!! I just started too and i have three with one on order haha. That is amazing to get 20 so quickly. It will take me a year or two to come close to that i think. I just make enough to dive in that fast lol. You should pick up the Winter Soldier Black Widow. She is pretty darn awesome.

Been trying to find a good deal on that one, but I've started a prioritized list of what I wanted and set a max limit I'm willing to pay on certain ones. $160 is my max on Widow. I'll need to eventually get a Black Widow figure if I want an Avengers display.

Wait 'til you start on 1:4 Statues :D

:welcome to the :FREAK: show!

Next logical step I suppose. I remember not too long ago I would try to rationalize purchasing a $50 ArtFx statue and now here I am buying $200-$300 figures. I'm glad I won't be able to collect 1:4 statues though due to space limitations. My wife lets me collect what I want as long as it doesn't expand outside of my office.

Lol. Let's see how your plan on just collecting Marvel turns out. That's what I told myself back then and I failed. WELCOME ON BOARD!

Lol. Let's see how your plan on just collecting Marvel turns out. That's what I told myself back then and I failed. WELCOME ON BOARD!

Did not work out well at all. Just got the DX10 Terminator and DX06 Jack Sparrow. One month in and I may have to enroll myself into a hot toys addict anonymous group or something. Is there a section of this site for that? These things just look some awesome. The only one I've been somewhat disappointed with so far is the Crow figure. The body they use for that thing just seems so tiny compared to the head sculpt. 1 disappointing figure out of 23 ain't bad.

Tips for you to get : DX13, DX11. Those two are Just pure bada55. Great pick up with jack sparrow, I heard its one of Hot toys best sculpts they have done so far but to each there own.

Tips for you to get : DX13, DX11. Those two are Just pure bada55. Great pick up with jack sparrow, I heard its one of Hot toys best sculpts they have done so far but to each there own.

DX11 is definitely on my list. Just trying not to have to pay much more than $350 for it. I may cave eventually.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show!
wavesmile.gif

Back