Finally got the Gauntlet of Sauron!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right now this knife shop guy by me has the UC gimlis helm for 255, tried it on, that thing is AWSOME, without the beard, i thought it made me look like something out of conan lol. but UC has got some amazing pieces from LOTR's, and the gimli helm was made of full leather and actually felt like a real piece of back then. but 300 bucks is ALOT!

Congrats, Sputnik. I've been hoping to stumble across one of these myself. Beautiful piece.

Like the great Necromancer himself, I have risen this thread from the dead after a decade to ask any owners of this piece some questions.

I've recently acquired one of these, and for the display, has anyone considered using a Flexible Bendable Manicure Hand (amazon.com) to place inside the gauntlet for specific finger posing? Has anyone tried? Would this even work? Curious, b/c I would like to display this with a few fingers more curled that all of the digits fully extended upwards.

Ok, so it took me a few weeks to figure out my display for this. I really liked the original display option of the first gauntlet from over a decade ago & just couldn't see using the wall mount display option of the newer one. BUT...the price of the original is too rich for my blood. So, I got the 2nd one for a fair price and came up with this display. I purchased a glass dome & doll stand (to hold up glove) for under $30 from Hobby Lobby, a spinning turn table disc $8, and plant stand $60 from Amazon. Pretty happy with the results!

20191107_182157_resized.jpg

20191107_182215_resized.jpg

20191107_182301_resized.jpg

20191107_182132_resized.jpg

20191107_182341_resized.jpg

I've got the helm and the mace but still wish I had picked up the gauntlet... :monkey2

Me too! but i did buy sauron's severed finger that had the ring which "magically" would show the inscription when you clicked the button on the back or had the motion detector set.

That Master Replicas piece is nice too.

I remember seeing that piece a while back. That is certainly a nice piece to have as well.

I did notice that United Cutlery is re-leasing a large number of LOTR swords, staffs, etc., and I'm hoping that they will eventually do the same with the gauntlet. I can understand providing some changes just to keep the original release, original.

I remember seeing that piece a while back. That is certainly a nice piece to have as well.

I did notice that United Cutlery is re-leasing a large number of LOTR swords, staffs, etc., and I'm hoping that they will eventually do the same with the gauntlet. I can understand providing some changes just to keep the original release, original.
Yes it is, I am lucky to have one also.

Back