Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally checked Fenrir, and everything seems ok i'm happy.

Ok their mass produced products are clearly impressive and qualitative, but by taking photos closer to the HS I was clearly disappointed by the quality of finish...

Look at mine, there are unsightly defects in the hair, it's really ugly and poorly finished.
I also have some sort of "black spots" under my eyes that won't go away.
View attachment 669107View attachment 669108

I don't think I've seen these kinds of defects in the photos of others persons who have received it, Am I the only one in this situation?
If yes do you think this could be the subject of after-sales service?

Disappointed it's too ugly, now that's all I see when I take photos... 😑

I can’t comment on the hair, but the skin texture on your copy is fine IMO:

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_1229.png

IMG_1230.jpeg

IMG_1233.jpeg

I wouldn’t let those skin marks bother me because they are there on the CG model. 😁

Cloud isn’t a vampire with perfect skin. Those spots make him look alive and “real”.

If you asked me, your Cloud’s face and skin texture is just fine. Perfect if anything.

That hair though…☹️

How close is the VTS version of the Buster Sword to Gametoys version? There's a seller of a headless Gametoys Cloud body on eBay that I'm contemplating putting the spare "windblown" head from the AC version onto, but also wanna source a Buster Sword for him. They have Gametoys Zack's sword for sale, but that has the fancy gold hilt that doesn't look right for Cloud...

How close is the VTS version of the Buster Sword to Gametoys version? There's a seller of a headless Gametoys Cloud body on eBay that I'm contemplating putting the spare "windblown" head from the AC version onto, but also wanna source a Buster Sword for him. They have Gametoys Zack's sword for sale, but that has the fancy gold hilt that doesn't look right for Cloud...
VTS buster sword is about 1 inch larger than the Gametoys one as their figure was oversized. Surprisingly, however, the Fusion sword and its components are nearly identical in size. Either Gametoys upsized or VTS downsized the Fusion sword.

I'll put this here so you can see the model but I made this so people could get them printed for use with Zack. Ive said before that people in the forum can have a copy for free.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1526692296/gametoys-16-buster-sword-3d-model

I finally checked Fenrir, and everything seems ok i'm happy.

Ok their mass produced products are clearly impressive and qualitative, but by taking photos closer to the HS I was clearly disappointed by the quality of finish...

I unboxed everything just to check for damage initially and everything looks phenomenal, with the exception of this paint chip on one of the hair tips. Not sure how that happened, but ill probably be reaching out to try and receive a replacement head.

Attachments

• 20231014_230232.jpg
    20231014_230232.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Mine is fine.
Great! yours is really Perfect :love:
I can’t comment on the hair, but the skin texture on your copy is fine IMO:

View attachment 669180
View attachment 669181
View attachment 669183
View attachment 669184
View attachment 669185

I wouldn’t let those skin marks bother me because they are there on the CG model. 😁

Cloud isn’t a vampire with perfect skin. Those spots make him look alive and “real”.

If you asked me, your Cloud’s face and skin texture is just fine. Perfect if anything.

That hair though…☹️

Hum, i'm not ok with this, because my Cloud is the only one i've seen with this stains/skin marks.
The others don't have this, so Gametoys didn't make these marks voluntarily it's a defect :(

Furthermore I don't like it, I prefer to have a Cloud with a clean skin, a normal Cloud like the other customers had

I unboxed everything just to check for damage initially and everything looks phenomenal, with the exception of this paint chip on one of the hair tips. Not sure how that happened, but ill probably be reaching out to try and receive a replacement head.
Sorry for you, unfortunately just like me you are one of the few people who had a shaky finish on their HS :confused:
Where did you order from?

Great! yours is really Perfect :love:

Hum, i'm not ok with this, because my Cloud is the only one i've seen with this stains/skin marks.
The others don't have this, so Gametoys didn't make these marks voluntarily it's a defect :(

Furthermore I don't like it, I prefer to have a Cloud with a clean skin, a normal Cloud like the other customers had

Sorry for you, unfortunately just like me you are one of the few people who had a shaky finish on their HS :confused:
Ask the retailer you got it from for a replacement but not sure how well GT is with replacement parts. For FF7R, my Cloud sculpt had a hole in the hair piece. Requested through KGHobby for a replacement sculpt and they did a terrible job with communicating and never getting back to me on it. I ended up having to buy a spare sculpt from TA when they got him in. Shame about these QC issues. Really worried about mine once Kit gets in the next batch.

Yeah its unfortunate 😕 I ordered from Kit so I just plan on reaching out to him about the issue. How we can rectify it!

Look at mine, there are unsightly defects in the hair, it's really ugly and poorly finished.
I also have some sort of "black spots" under my eyes that won't go away.
As a fellow collector, my heart goes out to you :cry:. I really hope that there is a way to get these issues resolved. For a figure such as this, any damage to the head is really inexcusable and should not have passed the QC checks to begin with.

Regarding reaching out to GT via the supplier, I have done so because my Cloud had a defect on one of his arms, but so far I have not heard anything back. I mean my local supplier is still extremely responsive, but they say they have not had any reply from GT. I have even volunteered to pay for parts and shipping etc, but no news for about a week. I will continue to follow up and post any updates (if any).

I sincerely wish you all the best with GT's after sales service, because a heasculpt this perfect shouldnt be bogged down by issues like these, and more importantly, consumers should get what they paid good money for.

Back