Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was SO frigging scared when My DLX edition came in today, opened it at work to see, and man it wasn't damaged! Haven't fully looked at everything so i'll update ya'll if something changes during a full inspection.
Good job the black foam inserted in the 2nd batch wasn’t in there, that impact in the corner would’ve damaged your figure box! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just got home and opened up my Cloud and Fenrir. Everything is in great condition! I'm so relieved! I'm pretty sure its the firstbatch because there isn't any black foam.. lmao. I'm going to do a full unbox and pose tomorrow. I'll be sure to snap some pics.

You guys weren't kidding though.. Fenrir is bigger than he looks online. My spot for him will still work, but much less wiggle room.

If GT Tifa doesn't come out this year, I'll probably just buy the SGD Tifa. Actually, maybe I should just cancel GT Tifa and go for the SGD Tifa instead! Around 3X the price, but she's also around 3 feet tall anyway. I like the movable eyes feature and the fingers that can bend. I usually buy headsculpts with movable eyes for my 1/6 scale TBLeague dolls because eyes are great for evoking emotions. Movable fingers are very useful for holding items or just doing cute gestures. She won't have any enemies to fight at that size though, so maybe I'll just buy a Chucky doll as her opponent or maybe that creepy Anabelle doll as well. Then maybe there's a stuffed chocobo that she can ride. I'll just have to sacrifice not buying Storm Collectibles toys for a while to save up for SGD Tifa :D I hope SGD also makes other characters like Aerith, Cloud, Barrett, and Sephiroth. Big toys/dolls to display, but they look very beautiful with well made costumes, too!

For the male characters, they can just do it like how TBLeague deals with dingdongs. Dingdongs are detachable:lol:lol:lol

If GT Tifa doesn't come out this year, I'll probably just buy the SGD Tifa. Actually, maybe I should just cancel GT Tifa and go for the SGD Tifa instead! Around 3X the price, but she's also around 3 feet tall anyway. I like the movable eyes feature and the fingers that can bend. I usually buy headsculpts with movable eyes for my 1/6 scale TBLeague dolls because eyes are great for evoking emotions. Movable fingers are very useful for holding items or just doing cute gestures. She won't have any enemies to fight at that size though, so maybe I'll just buy a Chucky doll as her opponent or maybe that creepy Anabelle doll as well. Then maybe there's a stuffed chocobo that she can ride. I'll just have to sacrifice not buying Storm Collectibles toys for a while to save up for SGD Tifa :D I hope SGD also makes other characters like Aerith, Cloud, Barrett, and Sephiroth. Big toys/dolls to display, but they look very beautiful with well made costumes, too!

For the male characters, they can just do it like how TBLeague deals with dingdongs. Dingdongs are detachable:lol:lol:lol
Game toys tifa is scheduled for q4 2024, and is most likely going to be delayed by a quarter or two so I wouldn't expect her until Q1 2025 earliest 😅

Not a fan of the FanArt Tifa statue. (the head)
I mean, just the difference between the real thing and the pre order / prototype pics already show that theres something wrong. ("wrong")
The overall paint job in terms of details doesnt even look close. Color of the skin, eyebrows and lips dont match the pre order pics.
The eyebrow is just a basic line. Its even missing the fine details, like the clear line between the upper and lower lip.
Left one: pre order / prototype, which looks pretty pretty good. Middle and right one is just another face of someone who kinda looks like Remake Tifa.

The paint job on the new Gametoys Cloud looks way better.

fanart tifa 2.png

And btw what happened to the updated FanArt Tifa head that they showed in july. The real head doesnt look like this at all
Video:
FanArt Tifa head update july 2023

The paint looks too pale on the Fanart, if I could repaint it I would lol. The reduction in quality from promo to production did drop quite abit, but I hope it looks better in person.

I finally checked Fenrir, and everything seems ok i'm happy.
We know that it’s tough to replicate pre-production quality to actual mass produced product. Made me appreciate Gametoys more.

Left: pre-production. Right: mass produced
View attachment 669081

Ok their mass produced products are clearly impressive and qualitative, but by taking photos closer to the HS I was clearly disappointed by the quality of finish...

Look at mine, there are unsightly defects in the hair, it's really ugly and poorly finished.
I also have some sort of "black spots" under my eyes that won't go away.
01.jpg
02.jpg

I don't think I've seen these kinds of defects in the photos of others persons who have received it, Am I the only one in this situation?
If yes do you think this could be the subject of after-sales service?

Disappointed it's too ugly, now that's all I see when I take photos... 😑

I guess need to seek the advice of those who had received their copy to see if they encounter the same issue.

I finally checked Fenrir, and everything seems ok i'm happy.

Ok their mass produced products are clearly impressive and qualitative, but by taking photos closer to the HS I was clearly disappointed by the quality of finish...

Look at mine, there are unsightly defects in the hair, it's really ugly and poorly finished.
I also have some sort of "black spots" under my eyes that won't go away.
View attachment 669107View attachment 669108

I don't think I've seen these kinds of defects in the photos of others persons who have received it, Am I the only one in this situation?
If yes do you think this could be the subject of after-sales service?

Disappointed it's too ugly, now that's all I see when I take photos... 😑

Mine is fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 0
Got my Cloud and Fenrir unboxed and posed in the cabinet. This release is INCREDIBLE. GameToys outdid themselves and it may be my figure of the year.

Attachments

• 20231014_100814.jpg
    20231014_100814.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_100759.jpg
    20231014_100759.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_100842.jpg
    20231014_100842.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_100853.jpg
    20231014_100853.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_100903.jpg
    20231014_100903.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_100918.jpg
    20231014_100918.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_100944.jpg
    20231014_100944.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231014_101811.jpg
    20231014_101811.jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 0
You can tell when a figure is properly good when owners are taking photos as nice as these. All of the in-hand photos posted in here are WAY better than the review unit blogger photos, and those were already good.

You can tell when a figure is properly good when owners are taking photos as nice as these. All of the in-hand photos posted in here are WAY better than the review unit blogger photos, and those were already good.
Thank you so much for the kind words. I think my lighting carries a lot of the weight haha, but I did work at it for an hour to find posing I liked.

Back