Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any recommendations on display cases or shelves with any pics on how you store your 1/6 scale figures? Looking for something with UV protection if possible to prolong the quality of the figures but I suppose anything you all suggest would be helpful.

Oof... Newbie here. Guys, I just finished FF7R a couple weeks ago and it was sooo good!

I'd love to get some figures or statues or whatever, but I know nothing about all this and it, is, SCARY.

So many options, companies, bootleg vs official, sketchy order sites, preorders vs I don't even know...ugh...

I was picking through this 40-something page thread and am lost and overwhelmed. Is there a newbie primer to all this? I wish there was a simple list of the options, available now and expected soon, and safe ways to get them.

Any suggestions? I've never bought anything like this but want a decoration for my gaming room. Help!

(I should maybe mention that my favorites are Aerith, Tifa, and Cloud. :D )

Last edited:
Oof... Newbie here. Guys, I just finished FF7R a couple weeks ago and it was sooo good!

I'd love to get some figures or statues or whatever, but I know nothing about all this and it, is, SCARY.

So many options, companies, bootleg vs official, sketchy order sites, preorders vs I don't even know...ugh...

I was picking through this 40-something page thread and am lost and overwhelmed. Is there a newbie primer to all this? I wish there was a simple list of the options, available now and expected soon, and safe ways to get them.

Any suggestions? I've never bought anything like this but want a decoration for my gaming room. Help!

Hi there it can be very overwhelming. I however am new to 1/6 scale but am no stranger to FF7 as it is my all time favorite game and I was 16 yrs old when the original FF7 came out. I have owned it day 1 on pre order back then and can keep this very simple for you.

If youre a purist and want official square products then Play Arts Kai is what you are after. The figures are about $150 and are officially licensed.

Until recently seeing a knock off (unlicensed product) called Gametoys 1/6 scale Cloud and Daytona I was not impressed at all with third party merchandise. These are a game changer. The clothes are real and the sculpt is superior, but the main concern is that you have to trust that the quality of the final product will be similar or of equal quality to the advertised promotional pictures.

If youre willing to take that risk than Gametoys Cloud and Sephiroth are the best sculpts/figures out there.

Hi there it can be very overwhelming. I however am new to 1/6 scale but am no stranger to FF7 as it is my all time favorite game and I was 16 yrs old when the original FF7 came out. I have owned it day 1 on pre order back then and can keep this very simple for you.

If youre a purist and want official square products then Play Arts Kai is what you are after. The figures are about $150 and are officially licensed.

Until recently seeing a knock off (unlicensed product) called Gametoys 1/6 scale Cloud and Daytona I was not impressed at all with third party merchandise. These are a game changer. The clothes are real and the sculpt is superior, but the main concern is that you have to trust that the quality of the final product will be similar or of equal quality to the advertised promotional pictures.

If youre willing to take that risk than Gametoys Cloud and Sephiroth are the best sculpts/figures out there.

So do most folks around here like 1/6 size? Seems like there has been a lot of 1/4, but honestly I feel like the 1/6 is a little more manageable. Everything I've seen looked pretty bad, though, in that size. I'll have to check out the one you mentioned.
Is the risk mandatory? Meaning, is preordering the only way to actually get one? Or can they be purchased after release when we've actually seen them?

I don't much care for the Play Arts Kai ones. I don't need moveable joints like that, and it makes it seem less like a display piece to me. The Tifa they did I guess also came out pretty poorly with a really strange head.

I saw SquareEnix had a Cloud and Aerith statue they sell, I think they are pvc, that look ok, but it's just the two. Maybe they'll do more characters later. They aren't as high quality as those $600 resin ones, but, they're significantly less expensive and I suspect much more reliable to actually obtain.

Ugh, I dunno.

So do most folks around here like 1/6 size? Seems like there has been a lot of 1/4, but honestly I feel like the 1/6 is a little more manageable. Everything I've seen looked pretty bad, though, in that size. I'll have to check out the one you mentioned.
Is the risk mandatory? Meaning, is preordering the only way to actually get one? Or can they be purchased after release when we've actually seen them?

I don't much care for the Play Arts Kai ones. I don't need moveable joints like that, and it makes it seem less like a display piece to me. The Tifa they did I guess also came out pretty poorly with a really strange head.

I saw SquareEnix had a Cloud and Aerith statue they sell, I think they are pvc, that look ok, but it's just the two. Maybe they'll do more characters later. They aren't as high quality as those $600 resin ones, but, they're significantly less expensive and I suspect much more reliable to actually obtain.

Ugh, I dunno.

I would highly recommend getting the statuettes. Theyre 9 inch statues that wont bust your wallet at $45 each, and see how you like them. If you want more, then the Play Arts Kai figures will be cool. 1/6 is pretty high end, and may require a bit of TLC now and again.

I would highly recommend getting the statuettes. Theyre 9 inch statues that wont bust your wallet at $45 each, and see how you like them. If you want more, then the Play Arts Kai figures will be cool. 1/6 is pretty high end, and may require a bit of TLC now and again.

Did not realize statues needed tlc. Can you elaborate?

I had considered that F4 diorama, but it is very expensive, and I'm not sure how to safely obtain or what to expect.
If the statuettes are nice, maybe that's a good place to start, and hopefully they'll ci tinie to release more characters, too.

Did not realize statues needed tlc. Can you elaborate?

I had considered that F4 diorama, but it is very expensive, and I'm not sure how to safely obtain or what to expect.
If the statuettes are nice, maybe that's a good place to start, and hopefully they'll ci tinie to release more characters, too.

I think they mean 1/6 figures, not statues, but since it's real fabrics you need to futz with it and it's a good idea to apply some kind of protective coating to any leather/pleather materials, especially if you live in a particularly humid area.

I think they mean 1/6 figures, not statues, but since it's real fabrics you need to futz with it and it's a good idea to apply some kind of protective coating to any leather/pleather materials, especially if you live in a particularly humid area.

Yikes, this is what I mean. I don't even know what I don't know.
Perhaps it is just best to stay away from these high prices items... Just too likely I'll do something wrong.
Ah well, thanks for the info guys. :)

Yikes, this is what I mean. I don't even know what I don't know.
Perhaps it is just best to stay away from these high prices items... Just too likely I'll do something wrong.
Ah well, thanks for the info guys. :)

I don't think there's much that you can do wrong honestly. I wouldn't worry too much, it's not as intimidating as it may seem.

Play arts kai looks like a knock off compared to gametoys. Also you save money when you don't buy licensed figures because of the $30-50 license charge that hot toys usually has. Having a license product isn't always better especially in PAK vs gametoys. Have you seen the final play arts kay tifa product? Don't be too nervous about unlicensed because square enix is greedy and doesn't license out final fantasy.

Play arts kai looks like a knock off compared to gametoys. Also you save money when you don't buy licensed figures because of the $30-50 license charge that hot toys usually has. Having a license product isn't always better especially in PAK vs gametoys. Have you seen the final play arts kay tifa product? Don't be too nervous about unlicensed because square enix is greedy and doesn't license out final fantasy.

I agree with you 100%. I have about two each of every FF7 PAK released including all upcoming pre orders and what I was inferring was if someone is after OEM then imo PAK is the way to go even if some of their sculpts are inferior. This is on joy if someone is looking for the best Official products.

Gametoys is priced higher than PAK slightly especially Seph but I think those sculpts are amazing/superior.

It?s a shame square won?t license their toys! I wonder if them seeing these Gametoys will change their tune.

I'm not familiar with Gametoys... I did see that Sephiroth posted recently. Do they also have a Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, and Barret?

I'm not familiar with Gametoys... I did see that Sephiroth posted recently. Do they also have a Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, and Barret?

They are a fairly new third party company. They have Cloud and a Deluxe version with his bike, and Sephiroth. So far.

They are a fairly new third party company. They have Cloud and a Deluxe version with his bike, and Sephiroth. So far.

Ah cool, is there speculation on the others? I'm sort of obsessive about "matching" so I would be more interested if I knew I could get my favorites.

Also, is there a preferred and safe place to order? Not sure if mentioning retailers specifically is allowed here but thought I'd ask. :)

Ah cool, is there speculation on the others? I'm sort of obsessive about "matching" so I would be more interested if I knew I could get my favorites.

Also, is there a preferred and safe place to order? Not sure if mentioning retailers specifically is allowed here but thought I'd ask. :)

No idea, their figures are unlicensed so they can make whatever they want based on demand, but they have no social media or online presence at all, presumably to keep a low profile, so its hard to tell what they are up to.

KGHobby, OneSixthKit, Toys Wonderland, Giantoy.

Back