Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen their new Flash supergirl..?šŸ˜­ Well deserved for how much they charge and how limited their articulation is nowadays.. *cough* Venom *cough* Carnage and more.. I used to be a HUGEEE Hot Toys head. I would defend them to death at one point. Only ones I have left are my Metal Gear Rising Raidens and Pennywise. And MAYBE I'll hunt down some more star wars.. GT figures have legit made my jaw drop. Every single one so far. Same with Rocket Toys, some Inart and I'm also loving the Iconiq Studios SF line. But back to GT.. Bruh what happened to Vincent anyway?! I need some updateeee
My issue with Hot Toys is their damn overuse of pleather and not bleeding the dye out of their fabric materials before cutting. Is it really that hard? No, because we can do it, if we catch the figure early enough at release. Shouldnā€™t have to strip a figure to bleed the dye though.

They also suck complete ass at capes and cloaks 90% of the time and thatā€™s being generous. I guess itā€™s making some people a fair bit of money on the side though. Custom capes are certainly the way to go.
It actually makes a lot of sense why they didnā€™t name their Tifa anything but the SKU, either. Cloud and Sephiroth literally have their names plastered across the box. Will be interesting to see if thatā€™s the case for AC Cloud (I think the product had the Cloud name on retailer sites), but Iā€™m going to guess it wonā€™t be for Tifa.
Yep, I thought it was pretty ballsy of them to put the names on the boxes and the store listings. Most companies donā€™t do that. šŸ˜‚

Have you seen their new Flash supergirl..?šŸ˜­ Well deserved for how much they charge and how limited their articulation is nowadays.. *cough* Venom *cough* Carnage and more.. I used to be a HUGEEE Hot Toys head. I would defend them to death at one point.
Easily the worst sculpt HT has done in the past 5~ years. Companies who are prioritising quality over quantity like InArt and GT are really squeezing HT out from being the perceived top dog for anything that isnā€™t Star Wars, and Iā€™m so happy to see it. Just a damn shame the same 3 repainted Clone trooper and Iron Man figures are hogging the factory space.

All that being said, the DX15 I bought a couple weeks ago is still one of the best looking figs Iā€™ve ever seen :monkey1 Maybe notwithstanding Sephirothā€¦
They also suck complete ass at capes and cloaks 90% of the time and thatā€™s being generous. I guess itā€™s making some people a fair bit of money on the side though. Custom capes are certainly the way to go.
Itā€™s actually hilarious how custom cape makers like Jaxon Xu have built a name for themselves largely due to HTā€™s failures.

In a way Iā€™m kind of surprised that a company or individual hasnā€™t similarly popped up to make more FF-related stuff thatā€™d less likely to be the target of a C&D. If VTS stopped making figures and just made displays or some classic FF creatures, the world could be a better place.

Last edited:
By the way, anyone who is wanting PAK Jessie and the bike, or just Jessie, or a Remake Cloud, the Jessie sets are on sale an AmiAmi. Itā€™s $137 for Cloud and Jessie with bike, which is basically the price of one new release PAK from AmiAmi. Jessie and the bike are only $79 and Jessie alone is $78ā€¦ which is odd.

Reno, Rude, Sonon and Yuffie are also on sale. Blue Dress Tifa is sort of on sale for the same price as BBTS right now, at $89ā€”and Red Dress Aerith is about the same price. As are Red XIII and Rufus. Sephiroth is listed at a staggering $78ā€¦

And at $79 for Jessie and the bike, I caved. šŸ˜Ŗ
You know what, looking back. that was the price range i felt it was just the right price for what we are getting for PAK (quality and value wise). WIth the standard price they are charging now i just find it hard to justify and pull the trigger even with all the love i have for FF7.
Even with the bring arts line, They've got great line ups but i never considered getting them due to how SE overcharges for them.

I'm just waiting for their dress Tifas and Cloudette to go on sale now. It's the only way I buy PAK at this point. Bout 6-9 months after it's release date is when they usually go on sale.. Wish I knew all this before, but ya live, ya learn.. Cannot believe I'm seeing Jessie and Bike for $79 vs her release price..šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Hahaha yeah, if i only knew it would go down at this range i wouldn't have preordered XD. New PAK's these days rarely go out of stock anyways specially if its under SE brands. gone are the hard hunting days like during the MGS1 line was released

I used to talk mad **** about PAK before they snagged me with the FFVII line. I was collecting them when they were mostly reasonably pricedā€”around $75 to $100 or so. And then the price just began to topple over. I felt like $100 was still too much at the time.

They started branching out into all kinds of random properties and were hitting well over $110 domestically and then you didnā€™t hear about them for a few years. It really wasnā€™t until Final Fantasy VII Remake that the line saw a resurgence. Theyā€™re still too expensive at $150 though.

Now, I get it. They have to turn a profit. So, the prices bottoming out like this actually isnā€™t a good thing in retrospective. It could lead to the closure of the line againā€”if this stuff truly isnā€™t selling.

However, I really think they could make these figures and sell them for $110 a pop, at most. The issue is getting merchants overseas to only charge that amount. Give them a shipping discount for buying in bulk and suggest an msrp by currency. Thatā€™s probably too much work for their logistical divisions though.

Also, a lot of toys that used to sell out, especially on BBTS, are no longer selling out. Figuarts, Marvel Legends, Hot Toys, etc. Not sure if theyā€™re just making more of it all or if people just arenā€™t buying as much, but Iā€™m going to assume it has more to do with the latter than anything.

I'm just waiting for their dress Tifas and Cloudette to go on sale now. It's the only way I buy PAK at this point. Bout 6-9 months after it's release date is when they usually go on sale.. Wish I knew all this before, but ya live, ya learn.. Cannot believe I'm seeing Jessie and Bike for $79 vs her release price..šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø
Purple Dress (or blue, whatever) is $89 on BBTS right now and AmiAmi seems to have her flat out listed for that price, after currency conversion.

If you want her, now is the time. Gonna pass on that though. I only want one version of these characters on the shelf. I tend to lay them out as sort of a group photo.

Just jumping in on the PAK train.... I used to be, no wait, actually i still AM, a HUGE PAK fan. Years ago, it was the only way to get FF figures, and there was a time when a few mates and I would be all over the PAK manager's (Mr. Hidemi IIRC) twitter account requesting for new PAK figures. Ah good times...

PAK branched out to MGS (the Revengeance Raiden was amazing solid), Marvel, DC, movies etc, and prices kept creeping up. Unfortunately, quality was dropping and the final product got further and further from the prototypes. Nowadays, PAKs are seemingly taking a backseat, and the whole XVI gang is appearing in Bring Arts form.

Anyway, in my personal opinion, I feel that PAK peaked at AC Cloud and AC Sephiroth, and then went downhill from there. Again, this is just my opinion, but in terms of sculpt, value, accessories etc etc, PAK AC Cloud and PAK AC Sephiroth were really the best. As a huge huge fan of AC Cloud's design, i also went crazy on the pre-orders (like really crazy), and till now I have no regrets. AC Cloud and AC Seph still stand proudly on the top shelf of my display case :giggle:

356890172_24308355788763581_1164578032262346948_n.jpg

Just saw this on FB, And it's lovely.
Credits:
https://instagram.com/elenachatnoir?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

View attachment 647315
Definitely 2 versions! Once before I mentioned "which one will I choose?" to which Walter responded, "why not both?" šŸ˜‚

I asked Walter about that too like a year ago and he mentioned that it would be too much for GT to craft, they prefer to make smaller items with big meaning, so just the Engine Blade. If anyone knew how to print weapons onto clear PVC, you could replicate the scene pretty well!
if only they also produce the R8 car... it would be such a sick collector deluxe version... since cloud gets his bike hahaha

Last edited:
Cloudette is still gonna be a release right?šŸ¤” That's one more Cloud I don't mind getting from GT.šŸ‘ŒšŸ¾šŸ‘šŸ¾šŸ”„

I was a PAK collector until Jessie came out. I bought her with the bike, took her out of the box and hated her so much I put her back and hid the box in the attic (while feeling sick thinking about the price Id bought her for). :ROFLMAO: After that I quit everything PAK. Actually good cause I save a huge lot of money I can give GT instead. :D I think GT simply made me see how good figures can be and for a fair price, while Squeenix only kept letting me down. However I do love their Remake RedXIII along with their DoC Vincent. And I would probably keep collecting PAK IF Squeenix would stop being so friggin greedy.

Cloudette is still gonna be a release right?šŸ¤” That's one more Cloud I don't mind getting from GT.šŸ‘ŒšŸ¾šŸ‘šŸ¾šŸ”„
If they make Cloudette and donā€™t make Red Dress Aerith, Iā€™m going to flip a table. My jaw dropped when you first see her in that dress. Hell, they really need to make Tifa in the blue dress. We have the PAK figures, I guess. But still. Either way, Iā€™d probably not get any of them. That Aerith would certainly be damn tempting though.

I was a PAK collector until Jessie came out. I bought her with the bike, took her out of the box and hated her so much I put her back and hid the box in the attic (while feeling sick thinking about the price Id bought her for). :ROFLMAO: After that I quit everything PAK. Actually good cause I save a huge lot of money I can give GT instead. :D I think GT simply made me see how good figures can be and for a fair price, while Squeenix only kept letting me down. However I do love their Remake RedXIII along with their DoC Vincent. And I would probably keep collecting PAK IF Squeenix would stop being so friggin greedy.
Yeah, I cancelled my order for Jessie when I saw that she wasnā€™t as great as we were expecting. And for the price, yikes. But for $79, I canā€™t resist. The shipping is a mother ****** though. Good grief. They came back with a quote higher than the damn cost of the figure. šŸ˜‚

Even taking the head sculpt out of the equation, this doesn't look that good. The apron seems off, which I think is down to the material being too thick. A real shame, since it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in doing a full AC Tifa set at the moment.
I think itā€™s a good stand-in until someone actually does a Gametoys equivalent or they do it themselves.

If they make Cloudette and donā€™t make Red Dress Aerith, Iā€™m going to flip a table. My jaw dropped when you first see her in that dress. Hell, they really need to make Tifa in the blue dress. We have the PAK figures, I guess. But still. Either way, Iā€™d probably not get any of them. That Aerith would certainly be damn tempting though.

Yeah, I cancelled my order for Jessie when I saw that she wasnā€™t as great as we were expecting. And for the price, yikes. But for $79, I canā€™t resist. The shipping is a mother ****** though. Good grief. They came back with a quote higher than the damn cost of the figure. šŸ˜‚

I think itā€™s a good stand-in until someone actually does a Gametoys equivalent or they do it themselves.
Youre not located in EU right? In that case you could have mine. Would have to check on the shipping tho, maybe it would be really high anyway.

Back