Figures Toy Company announces Batman '66 license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker looks ok, but that Egghead is 15 shades of aweful. Maybe the costumes will be decent on these. I know somebody that will be making a killing on replacment heads. I anticipate Hot Toys making Batman and MAYBE Joker and/or Catwoman. Unless they are tooling a new shorter body for Marty Mcfly I don't see Robin happening from Hot Toys. Ward is 5 foot 8 inches so at 1/6th his figure should be 11 1/4 inches tall. He needs too look significantly shorter than West/Batman to be in proper scale. Fox is 5 feet 41/2 so Marty should be 10 3/4 inches tall. Maybe Ironman could get a teenage sidekick? Than Hot toys would make a body that could be used to bash shorter adults and teenaged characters.

If these are 12" Mego style figures on cards, I'd be down for all of them. :lol

Agreed. 66 Batman and original Star Trek are my biggest wants hands down. Even if the heads are crap (which seems likely) some of the costumes would be really hard to bash from scratch.

Figures Toy Company is also looking at Marvel Mego replica's

they are doing a Conan Replica already (how sweet)

Can't wait for these. My daughter loves to watch Batman with me. She will have all the figures that I didn't have as a kid. Hopefully, she will share.

I like what i see- NOT HT quality but should be much cheaper and we will actually SEE these before too long- in other words HT may not do these or if they do long long long way off

When HT does their 66 Batman figures they will have lost much of the momentum on these license...

The early bird gets the worm, and if Hot Toys continues to drag their feet, all that will be left is scraps. They need to at least show us something that will lead us to want to send our $ their way. When all these other products beat them to the consumer market, they may be surprised how little is left to spend on a high priced item.

I'll grab the 12 inchers if it's the right price. I'll consider these as the playable and fun versions, while the HT version if I ever get those would be the "careful you might break it if you look at it the wrong way" version.

I like what i see- NOT HT quality but should be much cheaper and we will actually SEE these before too long- in other words HT may not do these or if they do long long long way off

When HT does their 66 Batman figures they will have lost much of the momentum on these license...

That seems to be the case with a lot of stuff. There was a lot of hype for Arkham City after the game, yet where are the figures that were teased over a year ago? There seemed to be a resurgence in Burton hype after the 89 figures, but the Returns figures that should've been, and were promised to be, revealed almost 5 months ago are nowhere to be found. Sadly, that's the way Hot Toys is running things now; ****ing Iron Man this and ****ing Iron Man that. It might work in the short term, but, eventually, they're going to run out of **** to milk, and all that will be left are a bunch of pissed off ex-customers that never got what they wanted.

Hard to believe anyone who follows Hot Toys has any realistic hope of anything past one or two characters after West Batman. Expecting Hot Toys to offer Egghead is like holding out hope that Hot Toys will do a Favrue/Foggy Nelson DX (actually that might happen IF he suits up in armor for the new movie). The majority of older 66 Batman fans likely fall in the same category as Universal Monster fans. They are diehard collectors who will buy anything and everything, provided it falls within a specific price point. For 12 inches figures that is $75.00 or less. Hot Toys should do well with Batman/West and the Batmobile. After that I will be shocked if anything much comes after that. If the second figure doesn't explode in preorders that line will disappear faster than you can say Watchmen or Suckerpunch.

While HT will no doubt knocked their versions out of the park, I will be shocked if they are less than $275 each.

I grew up watching Batman on TV and i believe that Mego style figures are the only way to go on such nostalgic figures.

It just feels right i hate the look of the Mattel offerings and the prices are ridiculous.I like NECAS 1/4 scale as a one off piece but i wouldn't collect a line of those.

I'm on board with these Mego style figures. But I want to wait for the removable cowl & mask Batman & Robin,like I had when I was 5.

From some of their other figures that I've seen in-person, the company that is making these is a real mixed bag, quality-wise.

Their "Mad Monsters" Mummy looks like he was attacked by Mr. Roper's drapes. :lol

Hopefully these won't be so bad. I kinda want some.

The Mad Monsters are reproductions/reissues of Mego figures from the 1970s, same look, same head, same everything. Most of the figures on their site are Mego reproductions.

The '66 Batman heads we've seen so far I think are unique though but they're most likely going to be aiming for a Mego style still. For an idea of what else they can do, their KISS 'Dressed to Kill' figures have newly sculpted heads too, and their Obama figure is new as well, but other than that I think it's all Mego reproductions.

Back