Action Figure Figma The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Link figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the upcoming Link figure. It has a nice "classic"Link design, which looks pretty cool.

From the popular game 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds' comes a deluxe figma of Link! This figure uses the smooth yet posable joints of figma, allowing you to act out a variety of different scenes. DX Link comes with both a confident smiling expression as well as a more serious glaring expression, his Master Sword and Hylian Shield, a sheet featuring the illustration of the wall merged Link, a Tornado Rod, Hookshot, Bomb, Baby Maiamai, a Rupee and a Pot, as well as an articulated figma stand.

Regular version

GysHYa8.jpg
YXWExqK.jpg
Ft4VtBu.jpg
tCtEKXC.jpg

Deluxe accessories

E2cj7Ha.jpg
fiW4d4X.jpg
ydrYPBU.jpg
H0tjYGm.jpg

Well, this is a figure specific thread. The figma one is a general thread. Its perfectly fine that its discussed here.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I saw this on BBTS, and really dig it. I might have to get the DX version. While I don't have any of the newer systems this game is being released on (I assume?), he is more reminiscent of the look of Link from the instruction manual to the original NES games. And to me, that's much more attractive than a figure who is super detailed and "realistic."

Well A Link Between Worlds is a sequel to A Link to the Past, and the look is basically an updated version of ALTTP's look.

I want Figma versions of Simon Belmont, the Contra guys, Little Mac, Mike Tyson, Arthur (Ghosts 'N Goblins), Megaman, the Double Dragon guys, and Bionic Commando. Ninja Gaiden and Duck Tales figures would then also be acceptable.

D-Arts did Megaman, and there is a Nendoroid version of him coming out today.

The others are very unlikely to happen (especially Little Mac due to being obscure and no recent games) due to GSC having an odd market focus.

Well you never know when a company will try to capitalize on nostalgia, though I'm obviously wishlisting. I would take issue with calling Little Mac obscure, though. Anyone who was a kid in the '80s knows that he was one of the kings of video games. The only Megaman roughly in scale with those figures that I've liked so far is the Kotobukiya kit version, which I have. D-arts looks funky. Nendoroids have the super-deformed thing going, which I'm not too interested in, though they are great for what they are.

Kids of today don't care about 80s, they're all about modern stuff. Kids know who Mario, Link and Kirby are, but none of them who Ness, Samus, and Captain Falcon are. I've seen kids play Smash Bros and they're all questioning who those guys are :lol

that said you probably don't know what stuff Good Smile Company and Max Factory releases :lol that's why I doubt it, especially since they teased a Zero Suit Samus 2 years ago that never went further.

I want Figma versions of Simon Belmont, the Contra guys, Little Mac, Mike Tyson, Arthur (Ghosts 'N Goblins), Megaman, the Double Dragon guys, and Bionic Commando. Ninja Gaiden and Duck Tales figures would then also be acceptable.

From that list, at least NECA are making Contra figures. Then again its never gonna be a figma.

Other video game figmas im looking forward to after Link are the Virtua Fighter series. That Akira and Sarah prototypes looked very good.

While it's true kids today may not know that stuff, most collectors are 30-50ish year olds trying to recapture nostalgia. That's why Star Wars is as popular as it is nowadays, why SSC and Hot Toys exist, why the Transformers movies got made in the first place, etc. So, there's a market for it. NECA is one of the best examples of a company that is capitalizing on that, with all their vintage NES styled toys from Batman, Friday the 13th, Contra, etc. Figma does seem more interested in currently available products, but surely they know that a massive chunk of the audience buying Samus, Kid Icarus, Link, etc. aren't doing it because they love the newest game they're in.

Having said that, again, I'm not saying this is what I expect. I'm saying this is what I would like to buy! And from my experience, frankly, Figma is at the top of the heap with figures in this scale. Hasbro, Mattel, Diamond Select, Bandai, they all fall pretty far behind.

But is Good Smile Company and Max Factory aware of that market for characters like Little Mac? And do they think it's worth their time? That's the question. They do stuff based on relevancy in particular. The Pit Figmas were based on the new game, and done due to that in particular, not due to the older ones. I'm not knocking older games, but I'm trying to explain how those companies work. Along with the fact that mostly aim toward their home land, Japan.

And no one loves Samus's latest game for the record :lol Wait now insulting Bandai? When they're doing Mario and did a bunch of Megaman figures? Them's fighting words.

My wife is a HUGE Legend of Zelda fan. For a while that's the only reason we were buying Nintendos is so she could play but this is so awesome I may have to get one for myself.

But is Good Smile Company and Max Factory aware of that market for characters like Little Mac? And do they think it's worth their time? That's the question. They do stuff based on relevancy in particular. The Pit Figmas were based on the new game, and done due to that in particular, not due to the older ones. I'm not knocking older games, but I'm trying to explain how those companies work. Along with the fact that mostly aim toward their home land, Japan.
No, I get it. They have a history of doing things a certain way, and I don't really expect them to deviate from it.

Wait now insulting Bandai? When they're doing Mario and did a bunch of Megaman figures? Them's fighting words.
XF2KAsN.gif

Seriously though, I don't think it's an insult to say that one company is better than the rest. Hot Toys is better than 3Zero, but the latter still puts out good products.

No, I get it. They have a history of doing things a certain way, and I don't really expect them to deviate from it.
Yeah believe me, I want so many game characters...from some Ubisoft, to Naughty Dog. There were some back in the day, but they're kind of meh quality, and near impossible to find.

XF2KAsN.gif

Seriously though, I don't think it's an insult to say that one company is better than the rest. Hot Toys is better than 3Zero, but the latter still puts out good products.
gangs-of-new-yor.gif

Actually to some it may be! Check out myfigurecollection for the Bandai vs Good Smile Company wars :lol plus wasn't there some rule where you can't insult companies? Serious question

Yeah believe me, I want so many game characters...from some Ubisoft, to Naughty Dog. There were some back in the day, but they're kind of meh quality, and near impossible to find.

gangs-of-new-yor.gif

Actually to some it may be! Check out myfigurecollection for the Bandai vs Good Smile Company wars :lol plus wasn't there some rule where you can't insult companies? Serious question

Neca are making Nathan drake figure this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But where's my Jak and Daxter? Where's my Joel and Ellie? Where's my Crash Bandicoot?!

Back