FIFA World Cup 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosing

Super Freak
Reaction score
anybody else excited for this? june 12. :yess::yess:
fifa_world_cup_2014_wallpaper1.jpg

97nft.jpg

F **k yeah. I love waking up at bleary-eyed hours to watch the futebool. Watching Australia thrashed in all three group games will be a bit teeth gritting, but so long as Italy doesn't win I'll be happy.

Can't wait!

So much exciting talent to watch, look forward to seeing how England and Holland get on considering how young members of their squad are.

Have to say that each and every time there is a massive soccer tournament I get proper pumped :yess: More for the World Cup than the Euros just cos there are more great teams involved. I've been lucky enough to watch my team win the World Cup twice in my lifetime (albeit I was 5 when Italy won it in 1982) ;) but July 9th 2006 was one of the greatest nights of my life cos when we won it that 4th time I'd never parties so hard before in my life :lol :lol

So a few weeks to go and it all gets underway. Mixed feelings for me and Italys first game which is against England (the country I live in) but I'm not expecting much to come from that game so I predict it to be a draw.

My favourites to win the competition are the most obvious ones from South America (Brazil and Argentina) and from Europe (Spain, Germany , Italy, Belgium and Portugal) expect all these teams to reach the knock-out stages. However, for me the final will be June 14th and Italy vs England!!! Bring it on!!! :yess:

the Brazilians are not taking this well.
Government corruption so potent, it'll make Brazilians hate soccer.

q97CY4v.png

View attachment 112180
View attachment 112181
View attachment 112182
View attachment 112183

And for Brazilians, futbol is a religion. It is an absolutely travesty, no a human horror show, that the Brazilian government has created here with their out of control spending on the World Cup and the Olympics. The poor suffer and are displaced from their homes, kicked out into the bloody streets, while stadiums and venues are built for those damn sporting events. And I love football with every fiber of my being but I cannot in good conscience say that this World Cup is anything but a massive human tragedy. FIFA will get all the money, the Brazilian government will continue to be corrupt, and the poor in Brazil will continue to be **** on or worse. The reports of thousands of people "disappearing" from the favilas (slums) in Rio are enough to turn my stomach and remind me of what went on in Chile back in the 1970s. I hope the Brazilian people rally and take to the streets like they did last summer during the Confederations Cup and bring Brazil and the World Cup to a halt. Sorry for the rant fellas but there are somethings more important than football.

And for Brazilians, futbol is a religion. It is an absolutely travesty, no a human horror show, that the Brazilian government has created here with their out of control spending on the World Cup and the Olympics. The poor suffer and are displaced from their homes, kicked out into the bloody streets, while stadiums and venues are built for those damn sporting events. And I love football with every fiber of my being but I cannot in good conscience say that this World Cup is anything but a massive human tragedy. FIFA will get all the money, the Brazilian government will continue to be corrupt, and the poor in Brazil will continue to be **** on or worse. The reports of thousands of people "disappearing" from the favilas (slums) in Rio are enough to turn my stomach and remind me of what went on in Chile back in the 1970s. I hope the Brazilian people rally and take to the streets like they did last summer during the Confederations Cup and bring Brazil and the World Cup to a halt. Sorry for the rant fellas but there are somethings more important than football.

I know the games are exciting and the whole world comes together to celebrate in sport. But I've never seen anything more corrupt than FIFA. A reason I can't watch the games and I get really mad is seeing how many times the games are fixed and the referees are paid off.

the worst thing is that the Olympics will be in Brazil in 2016... the spending for the Olympics is so great that some countries never recover from the debt.

2 more years of abuse and death after the world cup is one......it is going to be absolute chaos. these people are f'd

Last edited:
here's the thing,this world cup is going to be interesting, but for all the wrong reasons.......
yeah.....

i2Y4QL4.png

IFhW0ri.png

Meh, those groups make a lot of noise before the event, but they'll already have gone to ground.

yeah but Brazil is still a pretty hardcore place. I wouldn't be surprise if they are just waiting and they keep their word

lolz at blackmask trying to snowball the world cup thread.
like this event prompted a mass exodus of prostitutes highlighted during the SA world cup.:lol

F **k yeah. I love waking up at bleary-eyed hours to watch the futebool. Watching Australia thrashed in all three group games will be a bit teeth gritting, but so long as Italy doesn't win I'll be happy.

at least the aussies got a shot. the all whites didn't make the cut.lolz

i'm looking forward how the Netherlands and Germany go this time around. :yess:
group B and G would be an interesting watch. could be the group of death.lolz

Am interested to see how Belgium's gonna do. I'm not usually into football but I'm gonna keep an eye on this.

like this event prompted a mass exodus of prostitutes highlighted during the SA world cup.:lol

ignorance truly is bliss I guess :lol who gives a --- about these people, we just care about Soccer!

GOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLL :fest

Thank god Ireland aren't in this. I doubt we'd fare a great deal better than our showing at the last Euros which was an embarrassment.

ignorance truly is bliss I guess :lol who gives a --- about these people, we just care about Soccer!

GOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLL :fest

It's not ignorance. I'm fully aware of the adverse socio-economic impact that typically accompanies the staging of grand, gratuitous events such as the World Cup and Olympic Games.

But correct me if I'm wrong Blackmask - I haven't until now read a single post about your concerns for the welfare of the economically downtrodden in Brazil :dunno

The Aussies were lucky to get themselves into the Asian qualifying group. Before then we were always sol trying to beat the 5th-placed South American team, just like the whites.

Thank god Ireland aren't in this. I doubt we'd fare a great deal better than our showing at the last Euros which was an embarrassment.

Ireland had a cracker 2002 cup. Countries like ours generally have a half decent showing once in a generation.

I like the African teams. And the SE Asian teams. And the white European teams. But I loathe the Latin teams, both the European and South American varieties. They're a bunch of dirty, stinking, girly-blouse cheats.

It's not ignorance. I'm fully aware of the adverse socio-economic impact that typically accompanies the staging of grand, gratuitous events such as the World Cup and Olympic Games.

But correct me if I'm wrong Blackmask - I haven't until now read a single post about your concerns for the welfare of the economically downtrodden in Brazil :dunno

the subject never came up, what you want me to do dude :dunno besides my posts were still related to the world cup, is not like they are off topic. Like I said, again.... this world cup is going to be interesting, but half of it won't even be about the games.

But fair enough, we don't need to talk about them. I did find the graffiti interesting so I posted it. at this point this conversation should end, case closed.

Back