Fewture Models Alien statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just now noticed the newborn has an enormous vagina.

gross.

That's nothing. It was originally designed as a hermaphrodite.

THIS is what it originally looked like, before FOX had it digitally edited in the film.

Alien-_Resurrection_-_Newborn.jpg

Although I love the statues, the pre-paints really leave a lot to be desired. Paint is too flat & I'm not diggin the fluorescent paint apps either.

^^^ This statement worries me. For anyone who attended SDCC how did the Alien Pile statue's paint look in person?

^^^ This statement worries me. For anyone who attended SDCC how did the Alien Pile statue's paint look in person?

Lackluster. I may have to cancel anyway so I have money for the inflated ebay prices on the SSE Monster Diorama.

I liked the pile statue, until I saw the paint under closer inspection. Don't know whether to keep it or not.

hia guys and girls

does anyone know when they start shipping the alien pile ?

best regards/ Jimmy

Lackluster. I may have to cancel anyway so I have money for the inflated ebay prices on the SSE Monster Diorama.

I liked the pile statue, until I saw the paint under closer inspection. Don't know whether to keep it or not.

Dang, so not worth the $250? Anyone else see it in person?

Dang, so not worth the $250? Anyone else see it in person?

If it's done like the originals, you will probably be disappointed. They made a garage kit of this as well, and some folks have really done some outstanding work on them. It's a beautiful statue that unfortunately gets a bad paint job :sick

:banghead Just opened mine up. The Newborn is fine, but I received a defective warrior:monkey2. To attach it to the base, the alien has a square block under one foot with metal peg and it also has a hole where the tail is supposed to fit. The tail is attached to the base. Well, the tail does not even come close to lining up to fit into the body. If it were just a tad off, I could possible get it to line up, but it is too far off. The tail can be moved very slightly, but not enough to get it to fit. Anyone else experience this or anything similar with other polystone pieces? I bought from Cornerstore. I am going to see if they will give me an exchange. :confused: other than this unfortunate business, I really like this and the Newborn piece :banana

note: although it may not look like it, all of these pictures are taken with the statue standing up on the base.

2003_0519Image0016.jpg

2003_0519Image0009.jpg

2003_0519Image0010.jpg

2003_0519Image0005.jpg

You can actually move it more to fit into the peg. It's alot more flexible than you'd think.

did yours line up perfect or did you have to force it? believe me i have tried to make it fit. If I put the tail in the hole, it will lift the statue up from its foot peg. Both contact points will not cooperate together! :monkey2

just wanted everyone to know that cornerstorecomics sent me a replacement Alien warrior statue. Their customer service was perfect. They sent me a new piece along with a label to attach to the first one to send back.

As for the statue, the tail does line up better with the body on this one. But, the paint on the base is absolute garbage.:banghead I have never seen such sloppy paint work and this thing was nearly $200! :bangheadSideshow should be ashamed to have their name on it.:duh I know its just a base, but Sideshow charges double what this thing should cost and doesn't even make sure the quality is half way decent.:confused:

Some of the negative comments on in this thread, along with actually viewing the Alien Pile in person at Comic Con, have helped me arrive at the decision to cancel my Alien Pile. In light of my recent SSE Frankie Wolfie purchase, I needed the funds anyway...

:rolleyes:

Some of the negative comments on in this thread, along with actually viewing the Alien Pile in person at Comic Con, have helped me arrive at the decision to cancel my Alien Pile.
if you change your mind about the pile, i'm sure you will be able to pick it up new on ebay or some other store for less than SS price anyway. so it's not like your cancellation really means that you won't ever get the pile!

Back