Statue Fewture Alien 1/4 scale statue (Takeya)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
You dont see many of these (and even fewer pictures!), so I thought I'd share some pics of this for all of my Alien brethren! As always, its a very unique take on the creature.

Here is the 1/4 scale (un-crouched he'd stand just under 24 inches tall which translates to about 8ft) Alien statue from Fewture Models and sculpted by Takeya.

*these dark & glossy statues are always so difficult to photograph!*

TakAlienF.jpg

TakAlienLS.jpg

I did some paint detailing on the body & mouth (really hard to make out in the pics), as well as dome tinting and glossing.

TakAlienHeadBA.jpg

TakAlienTopBA.jpg

Here he is next to a Neca 1/4 Predator:

TakAvP.jpg

Here he is next to the Alien 1/2 scale Takeya bust:

TakBustandAlien1.jpg

TakBustandAlien2.jpg

I like this as an abstract piece but it has too many problems in terms of likeness. The hands really distract me and are way too big. Also not a big fan of the mouth.

Looks pretty "unique" to me.

I personally would've liked to have the tubes on the back a bit longer and the hands a bit smaller myself. I think that would've gave this piece a more sleek appearance overall IMO.

But, to each his own. Congrats on the purchase bro and thanks for postin the pics. This is something you don't see everyday.

Looks pretty "unique" to me.

I personally would've liked to have the tubes on the back a bit longer and the hands a bit smaller myself. I think that would've gave this piece a more sleek appearance overall IMO.

But, to each his own. Congrats on the purchase bro and thanks for postin the pics. This is something you don't see everyday.

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit its very "odd" looking, but thats also what draws me to the Takeya sculpt. Its by no means a replacement for a "proper" alien piece, but an intriguing companion piece. I still find it strange that 20th century Fox had this piece done for the 15th (?) anniversary of Alien in Japan.

I've had this piece for years in my collection (I did just [Finally!] get the bust recently), just thought I'd show some pics of him since someone mentioned him in my Takeya Bust thread and I figured that many people didnt know of or have seen any actual pictures of it.

Oh, and btw, Fewture runs metal support wire through all of their pieces, so its not possible to bend/reposition anything (or you risk some severe breakage). Otherwise I would have done some reposing of the fingers as well!

Back