fborecki's collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjolnir

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I should start by saying two months ago I purchased my first statue from SSC and I've been hooked ever since. My collection is ever growing and my setup (although currently non-existent) is def a work in progress...just gotta find the money to buy the besta shelves I'm looking at using instead of spending that on more statues :wink1:.

Anyways here are the statues I currently have and the best place I could find to display them for the time being. I want to start chronologically posting updates to both my collection and setup so I can see where I started and the freakish end I know it'll eventually become :yess: yes I mean building another room in my house just for the statues.

Also forgive the not so perfect photo quality...I did the best I could with the Iphone (note to self: gotta find or buy a new pair of camera-computer cables :slap)

Anyways enough talking...here is my current collection:

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Great looking collection! Make sure you get some Bestas soon to help protect it.

Thanks ski and yes great point. Beyond the presentation purposes it'll def protect them far more than they currently are. No one, even my wife is allowed in the room for obvious reasons :)

Great pieces, congrats!

Thanks Mastter. I'm currently flex paying/preordering a few more statues so I plan on posting updates as I get those. Not to mention some much needed bestas. My game room currently looks like a tornado hit it with SSC boxes :)

Well, well, well you're well on your way to building an outstanding collection.

Thanks IronL. That was my goal from the start and although I haven't been collecting for long I can say I'm totally committed/addicted to this amazing hobby and I can't wait to see what my collection (and much needed setup) will look like 1..2...5 years down the road.

Very nice collection. :hi5:

Thanks Jay. It's been great sharing my new passion with the other fellow freaks and I've learned SO much about this hobby from you guys. I hope to keep beefing up my collection with time as I'm totally blown away and put to shame when I see some of the other collections...everyone has to start somewhere though :)

Thanks Jay. It's been great sharing my new passion with the other fellow freaks and I've learned SO much about this hobby from you guys. I hope to keep beefing up my collection with time as I'm totally blown away and put to shame when I see some of the other collections...everyone has to start somewhere though :)

:exactly:

When i joined in 2008 i only had a few things now i'm close to 100 statues so your collection grows really fast. :D

:exactly:

When i joined in 2008 i only had a few things now i'm close to 100 statues so your collection grows really fast. :D

And I love that about this hobby. There is SO much joy and thought and planning that goes into collecting each of these statues that it's not only a blast to add a new piece to your collection and watch it grow, but also cool to see how your collection represents you as a collector. I can basically spend hours clicking on various peoples collections and start to see what their style and interests are just by looking at what by collect and it's cool to naturally see that develop over time. Now 100 statues...I'm going to have to move into a bigger house :) Where to keep all my SSC boxes is the biggest pain right now and largest space taking sink. I can't wait to get the bestas and start to have fun in creating my own unique displays that will hopefully do justice to how awesome these statues are. I'd love to see your collection as I can imagine it would make me drool :) I'm basically just working my way down the most recently updated collections so I'm sure I'll hit yours soon. Thanks again for the positive comments and it just another sign of how awesome my fellow freaks are and how glad I am to be a part of the community.

And I love that about this hobby. There is SO much joy and thought and planning that goes into collecting each of these statues that it's not only a blast to add a new piece to your collection and watch it grow, but also cool to see how your collection represents you as a collector. I can basically spend hours clicking on various peoples collections and start to see what their style and interests are just by looking at what by collect and it's cool to naturally see that develop over time. Now 100 statues...I'm going to have to move into a bigger house :) Where to keep all my SSC boxes is the biggest pain right now and largest space taking sink. I can't wait to get the bestas and start to have fun in creating my own unique displays that will hopefully do justice to how awesome these statues are. I'd love to see your collection as I can imagine it would make me drool :) I'm basically just working my way down the most recently updated collections so I'm sure I'll hit yours soon. Thanks again for the positive comments and it just another sign of how awesome my fellow freaks are and how glad I am to be a part of the community.

Very well put fboreki, enjoyed the synopsis, I am at 65 and growing and prime real estate in the collection room is starting to become interesting but I have grand plans, its just a question of when.

P.S. More pic's please

Very well put fboreki, enjoyed the synopsis, I am at 65 and growing and prime real estate in the collection room is starting to become interesting but I have grand plans, its just a question of when.

P.S. More pic's please

Thanks Colossus. I can't wait to have that many statues, but your right that space becomes a huge question mark and you have to either adapt or simply keep things in boxes...which is no fun.

I can't remember if I had a chance to see your collection or not yet through this forum, but if not I'd love to check out what amazing stuff you've collected over the years. Also you hit the nail on the head..."GRAND PLANS" are something I think anyone collecting has to design at one time or another because the reality is there simply isn't enough room for an infinite number of statues. I wasn't even prepaired for my initial rush of acquisitions...guess I thought they would all fit in one corner of the room :slap I know noobish thinking :wink1: but you live and you learn. Bestas are high on my priority list and then lighting, doors and other bells and tweeks to really showcase these works of art.

I totally plan on more photos, but I want to make sure the next batch come from my camera because the reality is an iphone simply can't fully show off the details in these statues...it's just been a nightmare trying to find the unique cable my camera requires to move the images from my camera to my computer. I found a pair for about $15 bucks on ebay so I think I'm going to just lay down a few bucks to put this issue to bed. I intend to do more matchup shots between characters and obviously any new acquisitions I have either in statues or setup along the way.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Back