Favorite SM Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate your fav SM movie

• SM1

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • SM2

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • SM3

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I never liked these movies to begin with

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup that scene sure is sappy but in a forced way. The train stopping is great, the "we won't tell no one" stuff is bad. Maybe I'm a bit cynical after living there, but a trainload of New Yorkers ain't keeping anyone's secret identity secret for long. Ever since Vicky Vale ended up in the Batcave, I don't like seeing superheroes reveal their identity to anyone - let alone strangers!

I always thought that scene, along with the one where they threw trash at the Goblin in the first one, to be very symbolic of the inherent goodness and unity of mankind.

On a more base note, anyone think the Blonde with the baby on the train is really cute?

More than the semi-perceived sappiness by some people of those scenes with New Yorkers, one of the things I dislike the most is that every bad guy is way too personal to Peter Parker. Even Sandman. I mean, come on now. Can Spidey have a bad guy who just needs to get the crap beaten out of him just because he is bad? do we need some deep connection to the bad guy usually to Peter's personal life or past? it seems that some of this stuff is forced and so out of place (Sandman) to the point of being ridiculous at times.

Also, does Peter need to reveal his identity to every single bad guy in every single movie???? :rolleyes:

I have to say my favorite is SM2, simply because it took what was so cool about Spider-Man 1 and upped the ante. I'm not a fan of Doc Ock at all, but they did a good job of making him threatening and a challenge to Spidey. If that film had the Goblin it would have been even better IMO. Green Goblin is the best Spider-Man villain of all time, and I just love the stories that evolve from putting those characters around each other.

The first one is very close to the top spot but loses just a little due to it being not as well put together as the second. It was Sam's first film and I can understand growing pains and finding what works with the audience.

SM3 is at the bottom and deservedly so. I still liked it, as I have said. Many scenes had me excited and laughing. Some had me cringing. Still a good flick, but it felt like it was yanked out of Sam Raimi's hands before he could really make it mesh together like it should have.

SolidLiquidFox said:
More than the semi-perceived sappiness by some people of those scenes with New Yorkers, one of the things I dislike the most is that every bad guy is way too personal to Peter Parker. Even Sandman. I mean, come on now. Can Spidey have a bad guy who just needs to get the crap beaten out of him just because he is bad? do we need some deep connection to the bad guy usually to Peter's personal life or past? it seems that some of this stuff is forced and so out of place (Sandman) to the point of being ridiculous at times.

Also, does Peter need to reveal his identity to every single bad guy in every single movie???? :rolleyes:

That bothers me as well.... In the comics, that happens... but not THAT much. Goblin knew, Venom knew... but that was about it. Not every goon on the street got a one on one with Peter Parker unmasked....:lol

LOTRFan said:
Spider-man 2 is one of the finest comic-themed films, and S1 wasn't all that bad either ...

then there's S3.

That sumed it up for me.

I didn't know Symbitoes gave you the all might power of....... playing the piano!!

After seeing Spider-Man 3 my friend leaned over and asked, "Does he have that hard of a time keeping his mask on in the comics?" :lol

My other complaint about Spidey's villains in general (and others too) is that it seems so rare for a bad guy to be bad for the sake of being bad. Goblin went nuts from the gas, not because he was naturally insane and evil. Doc Ock was partially being controlled by the arms and there's the point obsolete made about his ending. And then we have Sandman and his not "wanting this". GG2 wanted revenge, heck if Spidey killed my Daddy I go after his arse too.

I know that they are paying good money for Tobey and they need some shots of him without the mask. Not to mention the mandatory battle damaged mask to show his face.

That said, I agree the mask thing bothers me since they are overdoing it. After Spidey fights the Sandman for the first time he sits on top of a rooftop to clean out his shoes of the sand. Cute scene and all but YOU GOT EDDIE BROCK LOOKING TO GET A GOOD PICTURE OF YOU DUMMY!!!!! :rolleyes:

SolidLiquidFox said:
That said, I agree the mask thing bothers me since they are overdoing it. After Spidey fights the Sandman for the first time he sits on top of a rooftop to clean out his shoes of the sand. Cute scene and all but YOU GOT EDDIE BROCK LOOKING TO GET A GOOD PICTURE OF YOU DUMMY!!!!! :rolleyes:

I agree, I was more like DUDE you just got in a big fight and you don't know were the hell the guy is. And you sit down and take of your mask and pure the sand out of your shoes! ahahahaha

What I heard is Toby wanted more face time on screen and all, so off with the masks!

I'm a little surprised that most people aren't in the 2 camp. I think 2 is far superior to 3 and a bit greater than one. From a plot and character standpoint it's just better constructed.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm a little surprised that most people aren't in the 2 camp. I think 2 is far superior to 3 and a bit greater than one. From a plot and character standpoint it's just better constructed.
If Otto Octavius had behaved more like his comic book counterpart, part 2 probably would be my favorite. I can usually accept the monkeying around that's inevitable with comic to film translations, but that was just too much for me. Just looking like Doc Ock isn't enough for me, no matter how cool the action scenes are.

2 was a let down for me honestly. I just never got into it that much for whatever reason. It's not a bad movie but my least fave as I've said. I don't like how they did Doc Ock either.

SolidLiquidFox said:
That said, I agree the mask thing bothers me since they are overdoing it. After Spidey fights the Sandman for the first time he sits on top of a rooftop to clean out his shoes of the sand.
And don't forget when he was standing on the roof before he recieved the key and stood there with his mask off in full view of Gwen and the others on the platform if they looked up. :lol At least it seemed to me he was in view, I guess he could ahve been farther back out of side, but that's not the impression I got.

Agent0028 said:
And don't forget when he was standing on the roof before he recieved the key and stood there with his mask off in full view of Gwen and the others on the platform if they looked up. :lol At least it seemed to me he was in view, I guess he could ahve been farther back out of side, but that's not the impression I got.

Never understood it either.... I mean... tons of buildings... everyone has camera phones and digi cameras.... WHY in the Hell would you spend any time without your mask on?? Unless of course it was physically torn from your face or on fire??!? :lol

This is what I am talking about! It is just a movie enjoy it. If you don't like it read comics. They will never be able to port them into movies exactly.

BadMoon said:
This is what I am talking about! It is just a movie enjoy it. If you don't like it read comics. They will never be able to port them into movies exactly.
If you're talking about the unmasking stuff I did enjoy it. We're just poking fun at some illogical stuff. Kinda like laughing at the fact that somehow Han Solo changed pants while in carbonite for two years. It doesn't hurt the movie in any way, but it sure as heck makes you scratch your head and say, "What were they thinking?"

BadMoon said:
Majority rules by the way and so far S2 is winning.
"The masses are asses." ~James Madison (I think) :monkey3

Back