FAVORITE OLD SCHOOL B-LIST TOYLINES?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sladesuperagent

Mine's bigger.
Reaction score
Forget Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, and He-Man. Forget the 1/6 scale exists and that DC Direct and Toy Biz make great superhero toys. What's everyone's favorite old school (pre-1995), B-list (they may of had a cartoon, but they'll probably never have the clout to put it on DVD) toy line?

Being a child of the 80's, this is hard. But I'd probably say either Sectaurs or M.A.S.K. Sectaurs just had that creep-out factor that was hard to ignore as a little boy. And M.A.S.K. had some way cool machines (The Rhino!) and most of them had some kind of spring-loaded mechanism which was always fun to shoot at my sister. I was HUGE Thundercats fan too, but seems like an easy answer. Runner-up: Captain Power. That Sauron Sky Sentry was SWEET. And props to Battle Beasts!

Battle Beasts were awesome! Fire, Water and Earth, right?!

Go-Bots (a blatant rip-off of Transformers), M.A.S.K. figures were cool, oh and MUSCLE. :lol

Inhumanoids, power lords, centurions,sectaurs..

My kind of topic!

-Thundercats!
-Centurions
-Voltron
-Robotech
-GoBots
-Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos
-Silverhawks
-Battle Beasts
-Sky Commamders (my brother loved these things)

What were those ghosts called with that had a robe as an outer shell and then the inside was a kologram? I had quite a few of those too.

Other than the big ones these were some of my favorites. I really liked M.A.S.K.

M.A.S.K
Silverhawks
Thundercats
Battle Beasts
M.U.S.C.L.E

I liked "Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque"
and "Capitaine Flam" (has very great intro music)

Very few toys of these series were sold were I live, but I still have all of them

Loved them as a kid, would love 12" versions:

Silverhawks (MONSTAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!)
Thundercats (Mum-Ra...the EVER...LIVING!!!!! MRAWAHAHAHAHAHARAHA!!!)
Captain Power (Lord Dread was he coolest chubby-cyborg despot ever.)
Tigersharks (I remember very little, except I liked it)
and of course, Visionaries.

Originally posted by Monitor
What were those ghosts called with that had a robe as an outer shell and then the inside was a kologram? I had quite a few of those too.

Super Naturals! Very cool. The taller figures all had their own personalities, but the little, robed "ghost" figures kinda sucked.

And galactiboy is going to slay me for not saying M.U.S.C.L.E. He's the only person I know with a complete set!!! I still need three of these little bastards, which is like trying find Lift Ticket's mouthpiece in shag carpeting!!!:monkey4

Micronaughts!

They had this modulare rocket ship that you could pull apart and rebuild and stuff! And at the end of the line they had these glow in the dark ones with brains that could pop off.

Oh, and also Crystar were cool too as they were all translucent like the Tron figures.

Oh, and the Tron figures.

Last edited:
sladesuperagent said:
And galactiboy is going to slay me for not saying M.U.S.C.L.E. He's the only person I know with a complete set!!! I still need three of these little bastards, which is like trying find Lift Ticket's mouthpiece in shag carpeting!!!:monkey4

Are M.U.S.C.L.E. guys those pink things that they marketed as "we don't know why they've come here or what they want..." and then like 6 months later it was, "we know why they're here... they came here to wrestle!" and they came out with wrestling rings and such? Or am I thinking of other guys?

'Coz the guys I'm thinking of were hella cool.

My favorite B-List toys used to be

MADBALLS
CENTAURIONS
M.A.S.K.
ARMY ANTS
and these wierd monster puppet heads that were made of really soft, gooey latex that had a gear set-ip inside to move the eyes. they were real cool. if anyone can remember what im talking about and remember the name, that would be awesome.

Back