Statue Favorite LOTR Maquette so far

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats your favorite LOTR Maquette so Far

• Total voters

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Now, I know we don't have all of them in hand but curious to see which one is everyone's favorite. Seeing all 7 of them at comic-con this year was needless to say quite impressive.

I'd say my favorite so far is Gimli. Love the character, its well done by Tim Miller, and it being my Dad's favorite character puts it over the top.

Based on pictures (because I only have Gandalf, just got him tonight), I would say Gandalf. However, the sneak of the Ringwraith may just knock Gandalf down to second place.

Boromir all the wAy. The exclusive pose is just a winner. Very well detailed with the flag and the gondorian armor. Likeness is Also spot on.

Definitely Boromir. Gimli a solid second with the midair pose and dead orc

Why only limit it to maquettes?

my all time favorite by far is the gollum PF holding the ring up with that look of wonder in his eyes. And all 3 riders and sauron vs the flying soldiers. And weta rivendell which i still need to get.

just too many! lord of the ring definitely makes the most interesting dolls!

:thud:

I limited this particular poll to just the maquettes. If someone wants to start one for the PF's they can do so. I'd be interested in the results.

its really hard to give your rankings for these statues since SS has put a really good deal of time and effort in capturing the likeness, sculpting the detail and giving dynamic poses. so for me it will be

1. boromir
2. gimli
3. aragorn
4. gandalf
5. legolas

im a die hard old school fan of the original 9 members of the fellowship so arwen is off my list. her likeness is not there anyways. snow troll is not in the movie so i really couldnt care less about putting him in the ranks altho i have to say its a pretty awesome looking piece.

Yes, all those things SS has put into all of them. They're all quite impressive to see in person. Just wanted to create this thread for fun just to see which on people liked the most so far.

I have pretty much the same mindset as pillpoppermd, except for the positioning of Gandalf and Legolas.

I prefer the Trevor sculpt of Legolas over the action-pose of Gandalf. But this horse has been beaten to death already on this forum.

Boromir, in my opinion, is one of the best maquettes I have ever seen and Tim's detailed work on Gimli is also top of the game.

So my vote goes like this:

1. boromir
2. gimli
3. aragorn
4. legolas
5. gandalf

They are all very nice pieces imho :clap...but if the production Boromir comes out as good as the prototype piece, then it's Boromir for me. :yess:

Looking forward to having them all though. :panic::panic::panic:

:duff
Bil

Aragorn. In my favorite representation as Strider, with him staring off and scanning the distance for danger. The base with the windswept grass is fantastic as well.

Close second is Boromir, although Sideshow needs to give us a second close mouthed portrait.

Regarding Gimli, something looks off to me. His arms look to long and not proportionate to his body.

I think this poll should wait until they have actually been released. So I'll reserve my vote until the statues have actually been released (if I remember).

I think this poll should wait until they have actually been released. So I'll reserve my vote until the statues have actually been released (if I remember).

Its just fun to talk about. :dunno Everyone should be able to find one that's been announced that they like the most. This really has nothing to do with production versions.

Back