Favorite game this gen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I got four, and I can't choose.

Last of Us
Uncharted 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Solid IV

I just can't choose out of those. They're all fantastic.

Please say that this was on purpose to make fun of Snake :lol Either way out of those I would choose Infinite hands down. Though I guess I can't really truly pick since I didn't play Last of Us. I'm actually surprised to see so many votes for Red Dead. I mean it was a good game, but I never thought it would have this many votes for it.

Please say that this was on purpose to make fun of Snake :lol Either way out of those I would choose Infinite hands down. Though I guess I can't really truly pick since I didn't play Last of Us. I'm actually surprised to see so many votes for Red Dead. I mean it was a good game, but I never thought it would have this many votes for it.

Red Dead's story was so fleshed out. And the missions were varied, and the setting very interesting.

I love Infinite, but I struggle saying it's best because it's just an FPS with vigors and an excellent story. Nothing was super innovative, and the story would not have been memorable if it wasn't for the ending. I was still impressed with the game, and it is no doubt one of the best, but I can't say THE best.

I could narrow it down to Red Dead and Last of Us. Just felt like it was unfair to leave the others off the list.

And yes, the counting was a joke.

Red Dead's story was so fleshed out. And the missions were varied, and the setting very interesting.

I love Infinite, but I struggle saying it's best because it's just an FPS with vigors and an excellent story. Nothing was super innovative, and the story would not have been memorable if it wasn't for the ending. I was still impressed with the game, and it is no doubt one of the best, but I can't say THE best.

I could narrow it down to Red Dead and Last of Us. Just felt like it was unfair to leave the others off the list.

And yes, the counting was a joke.
:yess::lol I see what your saying about Infinite. I do agree in some way, but I guess its just the environment in the Bioshock games that really keep me playing. A lot of games now a days don't really have that feel for me. I remember back in the PS2 days playing Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, Clock Tower and on PC Amnesia. It was all about the setting and environment and thats what made the games great to me. Bioshock is about the only game that really truly delivered that to me this gen. I'm not knocking your other games I don't want you to think that, because I do eventually want to play The Last of Us and I did really enjoy Red Dead and am hoping for a sequel to it.

May not go down well but mine is COD. I had so much fun playing MW1 & enjoyed the whole series.

BF was another one I loved but that's going to be amazing on the next gen.

MGS4, especially if going by number of hours played with the main game and MGO, but it's still tough to pick one lol.

So many games I didn't play yet and I know I'll forget some I did, but in no real order:

MGS4, Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, Portal 2, Bioshock, Mirror's Edge, Valkyria Chronicles (yep it was unforgettable for me as well ;) ), Yakuza 3, F.E.A.R. (although was that last gen?), Dragon's Dogma, Sleeping Dogs, and I have to mention the multiplayer of CoD: World at War and Modern Warfare 2, I had a lot of fun with them for a while.

Last edited:
For me it was the Mass Effect trilogy. Nothing came close to it for me.

Lots of other great games though... but Mass Effect is what I will remember from this generation.

May not go down well but mine is COD. I had so much fun playing MW1 & enjoyed the whole series.

BF was another one I loved but that's going to be amazing on the next gen.

Man you should have just stopped at MW1 on that statement :lol That is the only good MW game. The rest were ***. Though I agree BF is the ****. Please tell me you were able to play BF2 back in its prime on PC? If not man you seriously missed the best multiplayer FPS game of all time.

Ghostbusters the Video Game.

It may not have won any awards or sold super well but Ghostbusters is my favorite movie ever and the game was so close to the films, the original actors were used and it truly, truly allowed me to actually feel what it would be like to be a Ghostbuster.

I wouldn't say Ghostbusters was my favorite game this gen really not even close, but damn it was a fun *** game! Not real long, but fun as hell

The Assassin's Creed series
Ratchet & Clank series (grew up playing this)
Uncharted series (especially 2)

And The Last of Us, most recently

The Assassin's Creed series
Ratchet & Clank series (grew up playing this)
Uncharted series (especially 2)

And The Last of Us, most recently

How many is that? You couldn't even narrow it down to one series?

How many is that? You couldn't even narrow it down to one series?

I like them all? :rotfl

Ok, fine. I will go with the Ratchet & Clank series. The first game that I bought when I got my PS3 was a Ratchet & Clank game. I spent hours and hours leveling up the weapons.

But The Last of Us is a close second.

I like them all? :rotfl

Ok, fine. I will go with the Ratchet & Clank series. The first game that I bought when I got my PS3 was a Ratchet & Clank game. I spent hours and hours leveling up the weapons.

But The Last of Us is a close second.

I guess that's close enough. A great series.

Back