Favorite Cartoon Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Cartoon Series?

• Total voters
Definitely G.I. Joe. I always made sure I was home to watch this when I was a kid. As I got older it was Batman TAS....which I'm watching through right now. (still holds true. Its just a great show)

My favorite cartoon as a kid was easily Battle of the Planets. I think watching Joe, Transformers, Voltron, etc. was an attempt to relive that. Never really worked, but that's life. I have all 9 volumes of Gatchaman now so it's no matter at all.

Herculoids was another one that I loved. Best Hanna-Barbera toon. USA Cartoon Express was a failure whenever it didn't turn up.

Never really got a good superhero cartoon as a kid. I was in high school when BTAS ran and it was off my radar entirely.

As much as I love Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats, G.I. Joe and all other 80's cartoons, Looney Tunes will always be #1 in my heart. I can watch those over and over and I will never get tired of them! :rock

LTgroup_wall_1024x768.jpg

As a kid, I loved the X-Men comic more than anything else. I loved the Pryde of the X-Men pilot, too. But I hated that damn Fox cartoon. Still can't watch it. The animation and voice acting left so much to be desired.

Ironman: Teenage Adventures
Bleach
Wolverine: New X-Men
Ghost in the Shell

The first season of Ghost in the Shell was phenomenal. The Laughing Man was truly a worthy adversary for Section 9. That season still gives me goosebumps because it was that good. Glad to see that someone appreciates the show.

The first season of Ghost in the Shell was phenomenal. The Laughing Man was truly a worthy adversary for Section 9. That season still gives me goosebumps because it was that good. Glad to see that someone appreciates the show.

I agree 2099, It did mirror some of todays problems when it came out and made you think "what is your goverment not telling you", Glad I am not the only who like GIS

Honestly there are just too many I love to make a narrowed list, or pick my favorite.

Currently one I always watch is Futurama. But Venture Brothers has also become a favorite.

Love the old Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and older Disney shorts.

Grew up on Thundercats, He-Man, GI-Joe, etc so those are classics.

Love Family Guy, Simpsons and South Park... athough Simpsons should probably end soon. Its just not up to par w/itself any more.

And even though I never watched them much as a kid, I love the cheesey Hanna Barbara cartoons like Thundarr and Herculoids.

Last edited:
Conan the Adventurer was a decent cartoon, though the wizard Rathalon was rip off of Serpentor sort of.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6SsHfWBLVr0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6SsHfWBLVr0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Honestly there are just too many I love to make a narrowed list, or pick my favorite.

Currently one I always watch is Futurama. But Venture Brothers has also become a favorite.

Love the old Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and older Disney shorts.

Grew up on Thundercats, He-Man, GI-Joe, etc so those are classics.

Love Family Guy, Simpsons and South Park... athough Simpsons should probably end soon. Its just not up to par w/itself any more.

And even though I never watched them much as a kid, I love the cheesey Hanna Barbara cartoons like Thundarr and Herculoids.

It can almost be sub divided into, off the top of my head, three categories:
Pre-80's (just about anything from Looney Tunes to Pop Eye to Scooby Doo)
80's and after (once cartoons became a marketing tool for toys)
Adult Oriented/Prime Time comedy (Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park etc.)

I also still love the earlier Nicktoons like Doug, Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. I'm still suprised Nickelodeon allowed Ren and Stimpy to air as long as it did.

I also still love the earlier Nicktoons like Doug, Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. I'm still suprised Nickelodeon allowed Ren and Stimpy to air as long as it did.

:lol You and me both. Looking back, that show definitely pushed the limits of children's programming.

Doug and Rocko were great though. Man, I miss those days. And AAAHHHHH! Real Monsters was a pretty cool show too. I enjoyed all of those growing up.

Back