Favorite Bond Film Polls #4: Pierce Brosnan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is Pierce Brosnan's Best Bond Film?

• GoldenEye

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Tomorrow Never Dies

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • The World is Not Enough

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Die Another Day

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Everything or Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wor-Gar said:
Agreed. You have to see them all... to appreciate the old ones. :D

Any Bad Bond film is better than no Bond film. If we didn't sit through the bad ones, we'd only have up to Moonraker or something. :lol I hope Craig doesn't end up with Brosnan syndrom: First film was great and then they slowly got worse ending with basically an interactive CGI Bond film as his last film (Everything or Nothing).

Buttmunch said:
Any Bad Bond film is better than no Bond film. If we didn't sit through the bad ones, we'd only have up to Moonraker or something. :lol I hope Craig doesn't end up with Brosnan syndrom: First film was great and then they slowly got worse ending with basically an interactive CGI Bond film as his last film (Everything or Nothing).

Don't all Bonds (and most franchises) go that way... they start off good and get progressively weaker...and then they get plain silly.

Wor-Gar said:
Don't all Bonds (and most franchises) go that way... they start off good and get progressively weaker...and then they get plain silly.

Indy Jones? I don't think so (at least yet :eek: ). But Yeah, for the most part that seems to happen. Look at Jurassic park!

Buttmunch said:
Indy Jones? I don't think so (at least yet :eek: ). But Yeah, for the most part that seems to happen. Look at Jurassic park!

And the Matrix, and Mad Max, and Terminator, and Alien, and Back to the Future, and Die Hard, and... well, you get the point.

And as far as Indy... for me, with Indy, it still holds true. That plane that skidded past their car in the tunnel always comes to mind. Ford and Connery were good but that movie was just plain silly to me. To me. :D

I think with sequels the problem is that the focus becomes that the movie is profitable and not that it was good. The worst sequels seem to be the ones that come out a long time after the oirginal(s).

Agent0028 said:
I think with sequels the problem is that the focus becomes that the movie is profitable and not that it was good. The worst sequels seem to be the ones that come out a long time after the oirginal(s).

Yeah, that's exactly what happens... It starts to be about making profits and not really making a good film.

Buttmunch said:
Its not THAT bad. Basically it was a Roger Moore film with high tech technology. Hey, if you've seen them all, you gotta finish them.

Fortunately for me, Die Another Day was on Spike last night, so I gave up 3 hours of my evening to watch it. I can now say I've seen them all, although it was a struggle to get through it. Too much gadgetry and ridiculous technology. An ice palace?? Now I can see why it's low on list of Brosnan Bond films.

choopie said:
Fortunately for me, Die Another Day was on Spike last night, so I gave up 3 hours of my evening to watch it. I can now say I've seen them all, although it was a struggle to get through it. Too much gadgetry and ridiculous technology. An ice palace?? Now I can see why it's low on list of Brosnan Bond films.

Actually there really is an all ice hotel somewhere so that part of it is actually real :rotfl

So the ice palace is real...

If they come out with an invisible car in the next few years...think the movie will improve any? :lol

I do like the movie though. It's a fun watch, and that's really what I look for in a Bond movie, something that is a fun way to spend 2 hours.

Agent0028 said:
So the ice palace is real...

If they come out with an invisible car in the next few years...think the movie will improve any? :lol

I do like the movie though. It's a fun watch, and that's really what I look for in a Bond movie, something that is a fun way to spend 2 hours.

Actually I think it would. The movie only seems bad because it seems impossible, but if it is possible, than it is much better. That is what I like about the old Bond cars, gadgets, and stunts- they really had to do them! The idea behind the invisable car could work, but probably wouldn't work as well in practice.

I just read an article a while back about scientists who developed an invisibility cloak that bends/refracts light. So far they were only able to achieve it on a small object but it has practical applications that could be achieved once they figure out the physics of it. I think the potential for invisibile aircraft and cars and cloaked soldiers wil be instruments of future technological warfare.

I actually read the same article as Dave. I don't believe they really made something invisible...the way I remember it, they made an object "invisible" in other parts of the light spectrum, like bending infrared or something. They can't do it with visible light waves yet. Yet. But the technology is taking shape.

Scientists develop cloaking device

DURHAM, N.C., Oct. 19 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists have again turned science fiction into science fact, creating the first working cloaking device that makes some objects nearly invisible.
Rsearchers at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering say their "invisibility cloak" makes microwaves flow around a "hidden" object.
A cloak that can render objects essentially invisible to microwaves could have a variety of significant radar or wireless communications applications, according to the researchers.
The researchers manufactured their cloak using "metamaterials" precisely arranged in a series of concentric circles that confer specific electromagnetic properties. Metamaterials are artificial composites that can be made to interact with electromagnetic waves in such a manner that natural materials cannot reproduce.
The scientists say their invisibility cloak represents one of the most elaborate metamaterial structures yet designed and produced, as well as the most comprehensive approach to invisibility yet realized.
The team reports its findings in Science Express, the advance online publication of the journal Science.

Copyright Political Gateway 2006©
Copyright United Press International 2006

Back