Faulty Medicom Goku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minigt

Super Freak
Reaction score
I love the DBZ line of Medicom figure, have preordered every one as soon as I could, but man, I am sooo bummed. My Goku has severe cracking around his neck and this is apparently not uncommon. This was my first ever Medicom figure and I don't want it to be the last but I honest won't buy another one if this is the type of quality they have. These pics aren't mine but the damage is almost exactly the same.
I live in Australia.
What should I do guys????

Pics taken from here:
https://www.runboard.com/bmedicom.f6.t13748|offset=30

I guess I was a lucky one. I just received mine a couple days ago and the neck was perfectly fine, in fact I was impressed with the design since I had no idea it had a rubber neck and upper back to conceal joints. If you ordered through a distributor, I would get hold of them as soon as possible and see about an exchange. Hopefully, the cracking will be handled in future releases.

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye on mine to make sure I don't have this problem. I normally pose my figures when I get them, to a pose of my liking and don't repose them again.

Very common problem with rubber bodied figures. The early Hot Toys muscle bodies had the exact same problem. The newer ones have been better, but remains to be seen whether they will hold up with time. I believe it has to do with the type of rubber used.

%E5%BC%A51.jpg

Looks like another disaster for Medicom. Found this on the TOys-world. From faulty limbs to this. You can't charge people high prices and get this.

Damn, that is very scary...
How about other rubber suits they've used? Like the ones for their japanese heroes? Could this happen to the alien rubber suit as well?

Damn, that is very scary...
How about other rubber suits they've used? Like the ones for their japanese heroes? Could this happen to the alien rubber suit as well?

My exact thoughts and this thread is whats keeping me from ordering the hot toys hellboy figures. I want some more answers about this crap before I invest more money into it. :monkey1

damn mine has the same problem. i was hoping that i was somehow the exception. :lol

they're a more stiffer silicone. this reminds me of the exact same problem with the really early hot toys muscle bodies. it had the exact same problem but with the ht body it started breaking down about 5-6 months after you debox it. it's a bad sign the goku already had it before opening. :( i sure hope they can replace this figure. otherwise he's pretty awesome

Jeez...i must have 1/2 dozen rubber bodied figures (courtesey of Hot Toys) and seeing pics like this depresses me. I'm seriously giving these types of figure a wide berth now...Its just too much money to waste on such a potential short term investment...

%E5%BC%A51.jpg

Looks like another disaster for Medicom. Found this on the TOys-world. From faulty limbs to this. You can't charge people high prices and get this.

thats horriable, i had been planning on getting that figure for some time now, but dont wanna spend the cash if that is gonna happen to her

Is Medicom planning on doing something about this like replacement parts? I want to buy the Super Saiyan Goku, but I'm afraid of the neck cracking.

I have 2 of the Misa and their holding up fine. I also have Goku and he's been fine for the few months I've had him. I think it's just a problem in manufacturing, it seems some are from a bad batch.

I don't know what kind of customer service Medicom has for their customers in Japan, but from my viewpoint they're mostly about the money more than producing a quality product.

Still...I give credit where it is due and despite this, Goku is one of their best figures. Their style is perfect for DBZ.

Back