Faramir -- finally!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody, here's a Faramir I made sometime last year. I used a Dragon guy for the base figure. I rooted his head with hair and painted the face, I also made all his outfit. The extended DVDs were very useful for the details. let me know what you think.
faramir1

faramir2

You really did a nose job capturing David Wenham's likeness. The outfit is really detailed, that must have taken forever!

Bodie The Cursed said:
Looks just like Creecher.. I mean Farimir.. Good work

LMAO, why you @#$%@$ lol

Someone else thought the same thing. Quarr to be exact. Where you been Quarr? Here's some of his handy work. Btw, I have had a haircut and a shave, so...

Last edited:
That's really great! And love the lace-up boots - now that's commitment!

Which Dragon head is that? It is a great likeness to Wenham.

creecher said:
LMAO, why you @#$%@$ lol

Someone else thought the same thing. Quarr to be exact. Where you been Quarr? Here's some of his handy work. Btw, I have had a haircut and a shave, so...

I thought he was Aragorn :wacky, btw i love the costumes you made Boromir one rocks

Last edited:
That Boromir is great too! I think you did an excellent job with the likenesses, and the outfits are outrageously detailed!:bow

Yes, great work! Are they for sale?

Maybe Sideshow should hire you, I want to see a Faramir in 1/4 PF or 12" figure.

I have a friend who is into collecting dolls and she tells me that the more facially alike (standard) the more she likes them -- that if only the hair and the clothing are different, it's okay by her. Her favorites being the Madam Alexander line, she also says this particular doll line is on her "must have if possible" list. We love each other to death but we cannot fathom each others' opposite collecting passions.

Boy, you guys can sure be pretentious little snobs.

OK, I hated it also, but atleast I understand it. Robert Tonner is a wonderful doll designer and customization in the doll market is a big deal. Mr. Tonner's Wizard of Oz collection is stunning. The woman ( i am assuming woman), who made that doll, took a Tonner doll and customized the outfit, and by the looks of it, she did a beautiful job. If the face weren't so "pretty", y'all might not be so quick to judge.

Tonner main page:
https://www.tonnerdoll.com/home.htm

New Wizard of Oz collection:

https://www.tonnerdoll.com/wizofoz.htm

Now, I admit that this Faramir is a bit prissy, but my god, if we all had the same taste then the world wouldn't be a very interesting place. So, while I enjoyed the fun that was poked, I didn't appreciate the mean turn it took now and then.

You all know I have had every LOTR sideshow piece made run through my hands at some point or another. I love them. I also love Tonner dolls.
This particular face repaint might not be everyone's cup of tea, but you might try admiring the workmanship. I thought the costume was amazing. Realize that was all hand done!

So, take a deep breath and try appreciating something for the time spent and effort made.

Joanna

Joanna,
thanks for the comments! I think the job on the original Faramir in terms of outfit was amazing, but I thought the face looked a bit like something from the cover of a Harlequin Novel. Getting to look at the pics you posted, in context, this is a pretty amazing figure. I know my preferences run to the grimey and grubby side though, especially for a world like the Lord of the Rings, that has such a "lived in" quality. The Oz stuff seems much better suited to the idealized facial features, and the female figures are quite beautiful. I hope some of my comments didn't offend, but the angelic and quite beautiful faramir is at odds to my idea of how the character looks, especially based on the film representation, hence the silly and sarcastic comments!
Chris

Back