FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention 2014 in Southern California-UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention May 25th & 26th in Southern California-UPD

We'll be there again today, i'm wondering if any of the regular vendors are open, or only the Famcon stuff?

I picked up a number of pieces/parts at Famcon, my Son snagged some Pokemon and my Wife got some Disney pins and a rare Ninjini figure from Skylanders Giants. ;)

Re: FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention May 25th & 26th in Southern California-UPD

Had a great time!!!! Met a few of the artists, the iminime people and Zebraten were extremely nice. I talked shop with Scott "Velvet Morning" Pettersen for a while. amazing artist and great guy! Overall a pretty good show. Congrats to the organizers!

IMAG1727_zps85278e0f.jpg

IMAG1726_zps76db60f7.jpg

IMAG1725_zps5fc59fa2.jpg

IMAG1724_zps1ca6c5e1.jpg

IMAG1722_zps85c7fc7d.jpg

IMAG1721_zpsb0611c3d.jpg

IMAG1732_zps03eaaf4d.jpg

I know at least one of the vendors is already gone, hopefully the rest are all still there. We'll be there around noonish. Going to see Epic this morning. :)

Damn I wish I was able to make it back today. Would've liked to bump into all of you guys that I didn't meet yesterday. Have fun peeps!

You too Gruff! I hope we'll all be back at the same bat place, same bat time next year!

Nice score bud, who did you pick it up from?

I picked it up from the middle booth way in the back of that 1/6 Famcon section. The only thing that sucks about it is that it didn't have the shipper and it was open box. Only had original box with its plastics layers and allowed me to take it out and inspect it. It was mint with some dust here and there, but it didn't bother me. I will just clean him up anyways.

That HotChixCoolToyReview couple from youtube was also there and I was just so shy to walk up and meet them. I hate getting that jittery feeling when I see some kind of celebrity and feel like I can't touch them. :lol

I could spend hours there, just walking round gawping like a kid in a candy store.

Here's a quick slideshow of the photos I took, watch it in HD to do justice to all the super talented artists' work. Sorry about the crappy music, just used the default iphoto slideshow music.

https://youtu.be/ULUktt17wAA

Amazing pics. I'm sure I saw part of a westworld figure in your pics. Have you got any full pics of it or who made it.

I think thats emarae with the west world figure

Had a great weekend. Thanks to everyone who voted for my figures! Very humbling. And a great big thanks to all the organizers who put this hoot-nanny togeher. Bigbrocha did a wonderful job!
Thanks again everyone!

Had a great weekend. Thanks to everyone who voted for my figures! Very humbling. And a great big thanks to all the organizers who put this hoot-nanny togeher. Bigbrocha did a wonderful job!
Thanks again everyone!

I see your from the Bay Area too, really wish I could've made the trip down there.

Did your figures win the competition? What were they?

I see your from the Bay Area too, really wish I could've made the trip down there.

Did your figures win the competition? What were they?
It was definitely worth the drive. I entered the Penguin, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter and Joker. I was lucky enough to win 2nd and 3rd for Scarecrow and Penguin. There were some really great customs in the competition!
It's really amazing to see these these guys in person.

It was definitely worth the drive. I entered the Penguin, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter and Joker. I was lucky enough to win 2nd and 3rd for Scarecrow and Penguin. There were some really great customs in the competition!
It's really amazing to see these these guys in person.

Nice, congrats! Please post pics of your customs, I'd love to see them.

Back