Fading

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ejc116

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had issues with premium format statues fading? I have my statues in a room which receives lots of natural light but my statues are not located where direct sunlight ever hits them. I'm wondering if indirect natural light is ok or if it will eventually fade the statues. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences, thank you.

Keep framed photos on the wall and painted plastic statuettes away from direct sun light at all times.

And you might not be aware that at some point in the day direct sun light might shine directly on your statuettes.

But how significant a threat do you think indirect sunlight only poses?

Even Diffused sunlight will fade pigments.

Any ultraviolet light will harm a statues finish.

Only sure way is to black out the windows or get 100% UV filtered windows..

Weird question, but any good way to add UV protection to an existing display cabinet? A lot of mine are built in and replacing all the glass would be quite the undertaking

Damn, another thing to worry about. Ain't going to sweat it, tho .....

does anybody have statues that were faded by difused sunlight? I'm sure its true, but how long would it take to notice? 50 years or more? just curious...

Also dust fading paints... Im sure its not good in the long run, but how long we talking? I bought a 15 yr old statue that had been boxed up covered in dust, sitting on the back shelf of a lcs for a decade. Dusted it off and it looks pretty great, doesnt look faded. Are we all just ocd? :lol

How many windows do you have? Might be easier to treat the actual windows.

My pieces don't take direct light, but I have a huge bay window on one side and a sun room/porch on the other. I'm not too worried about it but was sort of curious about the same thing when I stumbled onto this thread.

I'd put window tinting on the windows in that room... It blocks the UV and heat... and you won't even notice the tint on the windows either...

I'd put window tinting on the windows in that room... It blocks the UV and heat... and you won't even notice the tint on the windows either...

I actually window tint all my windows. And have blinds as well. Even our skins gets dark in a car without tint :wink1:

UV light can destroy pigments and make identical pieces have a different appearance within months.

I definitely have to look into that window tint. I had a beautiful painting in my foyer for years and it is now monochrome.

Back