Factory X Props and Replicas - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want the Buffy Scythe. I have found a few sites that have them in stock. Some are way cheaper than others, which makes me think they are not legit sites. I posted the same question with a link to the 3 or 4 sites but my post did not show up. Does anybody know a legit site that has them in stock?

A lot of sites I have seen the prop replicas for sale are legit, but they actually aren't really in stock. I've had a LOT of problems with that. Just find a contact for the company, and ask. If you use a credit card, you can get your money back. If the site doesn't have a contact number, then you should stay away.

A lot of sites I have seen the prop replicas for sale are legit, but they actually aren't really in stock. I've had a LOT of problems with that. Just find a contact for the company, and ask. If you use a credit card, you can get your money back. If the site doesn't have a contact number, then you should stay away.

amobhitman, hotmovieprops, iloveswords, and a few other sites say they have them in stock. hotmovieprops says in stock for $225 which seems to good to be true to me. Have you ever ordered from these sites?

amobhitman, hotmovieprops, iloveswords, and a few other sites say they have them in stock. hotmovieprops says in stock for $225 which seems to good to be true to me. Have you ever ordered from these sites?

Amob and Ilove are both not in stock. Do not bother with those two sites, trust me. With the other two, give them a call?

When I was searching for a scythe I also ran across those sites as well. I can't remember if it was a couple of them or all of them, but I do know that I searched those sites specifically and remember some of them came up as scams (per what I saw on google). Like Buffygirl says, if there is no contact information, stay away! I just kept looking elsewhere and eventually found one on ebay. I realize the ones listed on ebay right now are very expensive, but just keep checking. Or maybe try calling those other websites, who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. Best of luck in finding a scythe, it really is an awesome display piece!

For what it's worth, check Craigslist too. I just found one while searching on there, so there's no telling what could be in your area.

For what it's worth, check Craigslist too. I just found one while searching on there, so there's no telling what could be in your area.

While the finds are usually few and far between, CL is definitely an option. I never thought I'd be able to snag Faith's Jackal dagger from Hibben Knives, since I wasn't willing to pay $150+ for it. But, luckily a Hibben collector here in town was selling his collection for room in his home, and I got it for $45. Couldn't be happier.

Also, along with what BuffyGirl said, stay away from sites with no contact info, but even some that do can be too good to be true. Found a site with some awesome stuff, but it seemed too good to be true. So I decided to use an old Netspend card that had only $5 on it, and placed a $300 order. The site said "Congratulations, Your order was successful" but no charge ever appeared on the card. Checked with their web host, and the site hadn't been updated in over three years, hence the availability of sold out items, and the "deals" they had. Had I used my usual card, the numbers could easily have been stored and stolen.

Did anyone here pick up the Cross w/ chain Factory X replica off of Ebay? Not a bad price for as rare as they are. I think I've seen two in the last two years.

I haven't ever seen one on there.

Yeah, they don't come around too often. Other than maybe the Sword of Angelus, I'd say it's the 'rarest' of the bunch. (Just based on how often I see them up for grabs.)

I've had mine boxed up for years. The bad part about them is that they tarnish horribly. It's an easy fix, but nonetheless, you'd think it went through a war or something.

Does anyone own any of the Genki products? And if so, can comment on the quality? They have a few nice looking pieces, but I still don't know what to think.

Cheap, cheap, cheap Factory X stake on Ebay with BIN. Not mine, but for those who don't own this, it's a steal.

Check it out.

Back