Explain your Avatar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite villains is The Great Demon King Piccolo which in Japanese is Piccolo Daimaoh. My avatar is a figure of Piccolo Daimaoh after he had gained eternal youth from the dragon god Shen Long.
What passes for my sig is moments before Piccolo's death at the hands of Son Gokou. I'm a big fan of Akira Toriyama and the Universe of Dragon Ball.

You win the best description of "Explain yor Avatar" so far.

When Sideshow began making Outer Limits characters, the Aabel character from 'The Children from Spider County' was on my wish list. My first avatar was this...
11wfqtw.jpg

Back on the old EZ board pics weren't a big feature. Dial up and bandwidth were much more of a concern. Slowly, or rather quickly, these concerns faded. Then Frankenfan, an Outer Limits fan himself, made me my avatar and sig, back when he was a regular Freaks fixture. Now he is seen everywhere but rarely heard. Thank you again Frankenfan. :rock :rock :rock

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Never looked back since.

You should put on the throwback avatar once in awhile, looks better IMO.

Just changed mine for the first time in quite awhile. Used to be Spiderman.

Swapped over for Indy, my favorite movie character ever. I liked this shot from the streets of Cairo and ended up going with it. I had wanted the shot from TOD where Indy and Shorty are about to be smashed in the room with the massive spikes and Indy pokes his face through the small opening and tells Willy "we are going to die!"... To be honest it just didn't seem all that recognizable as it was too dark to make out in such a small scale.

233.jpg

I also found this, but I find it to be annoying after looking at it more then once:

IndianaJonesGif.gif

Isn't a blue falcon a military term for a back stabber?

Yes, it technically means "back stabber", but the original abbreviation BF is short for "buddy f____er" :lol Basically, if you screw over somebody on your team, you're considered a "blue falcon". When trying to come up with a funny "Blu" handle for myself at the Blu-ray forums during the height of the high-def format wars, blu falcon was the name I went with, and I just kept it when migrating to other forums.

Back