EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...What happened to FC, Mirror, etc? That’s lost opportunity for revenue from those who bought into those lines as well.

I mentioned something similar earlier, as the "Mirror, Mirror" line has been dead in the water for some time. Now we supposedly know that it is due to the development of bodies for Kirk and Uhura, which I can understand. (seamless arm Kirk and the complete Uhura body).

Nanjin: "BTW, if I don't have Kirk and Uhura's bodies, I won't make TOS. I don't compromise like the previous company did."

Hopefully this is just his usual hyperbole and not an insinuation of what may be ahead.

Agreed, if they were able to navigate the Seven of Nine custom body I’m sure they’ll figure this out, even if it means pushing it further down the road. They were already talking about a 2025+ timeline for Kirk anyway.

I admittedly did forget about a Mirror, Mirror Kirk. I wonder if it’ll be seamless in that case? Would be kind of pointless for a regular uniform Kirk who would have his arms covered.

I thought the Experts one was funny. Buddy was just saying he’d pay a premium price if the sculpt/paint app work is there. :hammerhead:
That’s his go to line. Whenever someone gives a differing opinion on something he mockingly calls them an expert. It’s like we all get that he considers himself an expert and in fairness he has done a lot of research but not every choice he makes vibes with the best representation of characters.

Nanjin may lack tact, but he does have more experience in the economics and logistics of producing sixth scale action figures than most of us ever will.

This is not a defense of his questionably personal grudge, just stating a fact.

I don’t always agree with him on how each figure should look, but I don’t know the realities of the business or market.

Nanjin may lack tact, but he does have more experience in the economics and logistics of producing sixth scale action figures than most of us ever will.

This is not a defense of his questionably personal grudge, just stating a fact.

I don’t always agree with him on how each figure should look, but I don’t know the realities of the business or market.
The business choices aren’t what’s really called into question by most though. It’s generally cosmetic choices made for a figure’s sculpt or outfit or something.

Most people don’t claim to be experts but give opinions that he gets mad don’t match his vision. Running the business end of it is obviously something completely different.

Last edited:
The business choices aren’t what’s really called into question by most though. It’s generally cosmetic choices made for a figure’s sculpt or outfit or something.

Most people don’t claim to be experts but give opinions that he gets mad don’t match his vision. Running the business end of it is obviously something completely different.
I don’t think he sees it that way. Every aesthetic choice has to be balanced with economic and practical realities. Sourcing and dyeing the fabric, getting likeness approvals, freeing up factory space, etc. It’s all connected.

If Nanjin were not so salty, he could tell us more. But alas….

I don’t think he sees it that way. Every aesthetic choice has to be balanced with economic and practical realities. Sourcing and dyeing the fabric, getting likeness approvals, freeing up factory space, etc. It’s all connected.

If Nanjin were not so salty, he could tell us more. But alas….
Some of that I do understand, but the way he goes about it you’re right. He lacks the tact to explain reasoning for some questionable decisions.

Can you guys decode or know what he really mean when he say for Friends only when he writes in a cryptic way and then sometimes he would say for Experts only?
Unsure if it is a language issue but what does friends or experts have to do with figures being release ? Does friends or experts actually help the company decide what is being made or released ?

Last edited:
Well the Kirk post didn't go as planned I guess. Lots of post about friends only today, no experts and lots of talk back to comments.

Nanjin Tam: Behind the scene for my Friends to see.
Summarizimg what I expect while I am away.
I spent a lot of time with TOS Kirk.
Want TOS Kirk asap? Go buy a Pxxxmxxxx, they fit your expectation better than us.
EXO-6 TOS are not able to live up to you expectations.
Going away makes me feel like Picard in Chain of Command 😅

Some Compromises wouldn't be 2 bad.... If they end result is an improvement.....Also the previous Company did not reach the Fan base the same way Exo6 is doing so there is a whole lot of possible buyers that would consider it a must have even with some compromises.

Nanjin Tam:Is a personal venture. I can't look at mirrors anymore if I know I can do better but compromised. I will only compromise for the existence of 1/6 Trek.

If we buy all the Twok and St6 Sulu will we get a Scott, Uhura, and Chekov?

Nanjin Tam: possible.

I'm quite new to ST, so pardon me, if I pose the wrong questions. As I can see so far, Exo-6 has released a lot of figures of the whole franchise, even two TOS figures. I understand the budget issue. Would it, however, make sense not to complete the "Museum" with the lacking TOS line? Is there any alternative at all? And what about Exo-6's 5-year-mission, wouldn't it end before Kirk's release in 2026?

Nanjin Tam: according to my schedule, I should finish all 5 series' poster crew before end of 2025. Maybe 5.5 years but as of now, we are good. If i leave EXO-6 before they are done, I am sure the person who will take over EXO-6 will stop all 1/6 Trek productions. I will only leave EXO-6 to someone who has Rational Business Mind and avoid Fan Boy or Fan Girl for this position. Fan Boy or Girl can easily blinded by their passion. Many collectible companies went downhill because of Fanboy Fangirl mentality (I like it then I am sure everyone likes it too, just like the "Experts"). Plus they have very little idea about "What I want to do, and What I can do." Any rational businessman or woman will dump 1/6 Trek.

The above does not apply to SNW, Picard 3, DIC, and Lower Deck. Also my Section 31 (conceptual phase) will continue doing figures with less demand. I wil handle Section 31 myself as an individual instead of a business owner (I can yell at anyone by then

They are recycling the capital as they go. The whole thing is on a knife edge. You can see why they started lower end and are working up. No hope of generating capital for high volume figures on day one.

I mentioned something similar earlier, as the "Mirror, Mirror" line has been dead in the water for some time. Now we supposedly know that it is due to the development of bodies for Kirk and Uhura, which I can understand. (seamless arm Kirk and the complete Uhura body).

Nanjin: "BTW, if I don't have Kirk and Uhura's bodies, I won't make TOS. I don't compromise like the previous company did."

Hopefully this is just his usual hyperbole and not an insinuation of what may be ahead.
Now I shudder to think what an Uhura head sculpt will look like

Back