EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for TNG's
If you mean FC Picard, he is in production already, and should start shipping in a month.

If you are talking about TNG Picard in leisure outfit, then there will be a wait for at least 6 months and beyond.

TNG will most likely release with TNG 35th.

35th anniversary? That makes sense. 2022 would be that and Wrath of Khan's 40th. Will be be quite a fun and expensive year for me.

Since I only bought Kirk, Spock, and McCoy last year I’m not sure if I’ll upgrade to the EXO-6 versions either. I’ll add more crew members for sure, but upgrading those three will depend.

McCoy I probably would want to upgrade the most since his body type is all wrong. Kirk I’ll consider since he’s likely going to have an alternate uniform. As of now though I’ll wait and see what gets offere.

After Sept, I am looking at 16+ figures in 12 months
picard-full-of-win-500x381.jpg

I think I should just leave a credit card on file at EXO-6 and just let them automatically charge each release.

If you mean FC Picard, he is in production already, and should start shipping in a month.

If you are talking about TNG Picard in leisure outfit, then there will be a wait for at least 6 months and beyond.

TNG will most likely release with TNG 35th.
Hmm...so the upcoming announcements won't be TNG related. Narrows things down a bit.

I'm now gonna guess Kirk and 2 of his crew and either Sisko or Janeway and 2 of theirs. I doubt Archer would come this early but if so I'd welcome it. The back half of season 3 of Enterprise is really good.

Since I only bought Kirk, Spock, and McCoy last year I’m not sure if I’ll upgrade to the EXO-6 versions either. I’ll add more crew members for sure, but upgrading those three will depend.

McCoy I probably would want to upgrade the most since his body type is all wrong. Kirk I’ll consider since he’s likely going to have an alternate uniform. As of now though I’ll wait and see what gets offere.
I'm with you on double dipping. Right now I'm only double dipping Kirk and Picard. I love my Spock and it would take a radical upgrade for me to get him again. McCoy ill wait and see. I like the existing one I have of him too.

If we get 16 figures per year for each year of your “5 year mission”, that comes out to 80 figures! :eek:

That should be able to complete all the crews and then some!

As much as I like the idea of that many figures it’s honestly overwhelming. I know the goal is to churn out as many figures as possible in a short span of time. I don’t know how I really feel about the plan though.

I doubt most of us will be able to get them all, and I know Nanjin has said in the past that it will be a game of pick and choose. It kind of sucks though because the window for pre-ordering is fairly narrow. Hopefully I won’t miss out on any that I want.

As much as I like the idea of that many figures it’s honestly overwhelming. I know the goal is to churn out as many figures as possible in a short span of time. I don’t know how I really feel about the plan though.

I doubt most of us will be able to get them all, and I know Nanjin has said in the past that it will be a game of pick and choose. It kind of sucks though because the window for pre-ordering is fairly narrow. Hopefully I won’t miss out on any that I want.
For me, this is better than Hot Toys and other companies' plans. Yeah, there will be some pick and choose because of how it's being done but I doubt any of us will want EVERY figure anyway. The only crew I'm getting everybody in is Next Generation though I plan on buying heavily from DS9 and Voyager and doing an copious amounts of original series. That's not even counting the movie figures that I plan on buying many or one offs like Q or an Borg drone or something.

I'd rather pick and choose quickly than wait forever for 3 preorders or something.

For me, this is better than Hot Toys and other companies' plans. Yeah, there will be some pick and choose because of how it's being done but I doubt any of us will want EVERY figure anyway. The only crew I'm getting everybody in is Next Generation though I plan on buying heavily from DS9 and Voyager and doing an copious amounts of original series. That's not even counting the movie figures that I plan on buying many or one offs like Q or an Borg drone or something.

I'd rather pick and choose quickly than wait forever for 3 preorders or something.
Yeah, true. I guess we’ll have to see how things play out once we get into a more heavy release schedule. I mostly want to collect TOS, TNG, and DS9. I would say a bit of ENT too, but may limit that to Archer only.

!?!?! My wallet just died.

Question: Knowing that production sizes are going to vary and you have said in the past that you are set up to where you can do small runs of a figure, do we need to be concerned about missing out because of quick preorder sellouts? I am hoping we will have at least 24 hours to place an order versus some companies where it is a mad rush and figures sell out in minutes or even seconds. I would hate to be left behind due to being stuck in a meeting or on a phone call for work.

Last edited:

I know when I say, “this is the only way to go beyond 6 or 7 Trek figures before any company including myself will give up 1/6 Trek” is difficult to believe.

I need to have non stop production. If I have 1 weeks of non production, the entire eco system breaks down, and NO WAY to restart again. I am on a plan with very little room to manevour.

I only have one chance to complete ANY Trek series. I will only take the best route, and this is not just the best but the only “possible” way (if I slow down in production, I will need to start planning to close down)

Teasers and such are just fun to do in terms of marketing.

Believe me, I can earn a lot more if I do this like everyone else. Then surely before I can ever complete a series, either I failed or move on to something more profitable. Seriously speaking, I can do better and make a lot more with what I can do now with other licenses.

!?!?! My wallet just died.

Question: Knowing that production sizes are going to vary and you have said in the past that you are set up to where you can do small runs of a figure, do we need to be concerned about missing out because of quick preorder sellouts? I am hoping we will have at least 24 hours to place an order versus some companies where it is a mad rush and figures sell out in minutes or even seconds. I would hate to be left behind due to being stuck in a meeting or on a phone call for work.
I doubt Trek can do 24 hours sell out. That will be a historic event in Trek history providing I am not just making just a few hundreds.

There are a lot of unknown factors (like any business, and I am an amateur) I need to keep Trek going, I won't take high risk. I simply can't afford to lose this chance of making something historic among some Trek fans. Therefore, I have no choice but to pass the risks to you guys. But the risk is not “Losing something” but “Not having something.”

I can't take all the risks. You guys have to take some. I think is not fair to me, but I can live with it.

My risks are losing something I have, your risks are just Not Having something you forgo. Huge differences!

Worry about this as it comes. Enjoy the moment.
45944_Live Now.png

(This is NOT EXO-6 TNG Picard)

There will be captain's, most know which captain they like, and obviously you know how they will appear. You only need to decide if the others are attractive enough for you to include in your collections, shouldn't be difficult to decide.

Last edited:
If things works out as I planned, by Sept, I should be able to start focusing on maximizing per figure sales quantities, longer pre-order time but also add time on delivery. This applies to ALL series, and they are independent from each others release schedules.

The cause of bad feelings means 1/6 Trek is doing good while you are having the Trek figures that make you smile, isn't this a perfect Space-Time Continuum?

(At par Qualities and values belong to some other discussions )

(

The pen is 90 degree to the table top. See how much Data can lean to one side without a third supporting point? Look at his right calve than you can see the angle. This is not even its maximum tilt angle. I just played around with it.

His entire shoulder width passed his center plane while holding a Type 3b with his head 2x passed the cebter plane.

As long as you don't do Spiderman posts or Bruce Lee kicks, our bodies are fun and theorically a lot easier to post.

When you have Data, please share and ADVERTISE for me if our Trek 1/6 are at par with anyone else out there. (We are the smallest operation in the most unfavorable environment).

(I borrowed my understanding of center of gravity from martial arts when designing this body).
Screenshot_20210626-000153_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Back