EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Locutus is difficult but not impossible. Had been considering making Borg for a long time.

Then for expression, First of all, repeating characters surely will have some significant differences from the predecessors. Secondly, we are exploring expression. The first try of this Trek character was a failure. The 2nd one was a success and “he/she/it” can challenge some industry leading producers' abilities.

Anyway, FC Picard is a small experiment. He was created with the “Kill you all deeply troubled” expression. This Picard never existed in the TNG universe. TNG Picard is reserved with our familiar Dignified Confidence expression with a younger looking Picard.

You will see expressions. We are still working on the failure mentioned above. Not only sculpting.is difficult,.bring out the expression at production level is even harder.

Last edited:
Subtle. Got it.

Capture.PNG

Note our head sculpts don't have 90 degree straight up necks but have a small degree of forward tilt. Natural stand doesn't have a straight neck. Tilt head forward very slightly then look straight at the eyes of Data from his front at forearm length to obtain Natural Forward Looking head position.
Screenshot_20210622-235950_Gallery.jpg

Note our head sculpts don't have 90 degree straight up necks but have a small degree of forward tilt. Natural stand doesn't have a straight neck. Tilt head forward very slightly then look straight at the eyes of Data from his front at forearm length to obtain Natural Forward Looking head position.

You've thought of everything.

Our Body (yet to be named) design has specific purposes.

More room under the arms so the arms can hang more naturally with 4+ layers of fabrics. (Arms and body = x2)
Remember this when posting our figures.
The attention to the body is something makers have been neglecting for years, and it's left to the buyer to make the necessary after market alterations by filing down the sides.

Sideshow has been particularly bad at this, making it difficult to achieve natural poses.

While I'm not a fan of the first release, there's definitely the basis here for something spectacular, when the stars align and it all comes together with a more interesting and appealing uniform.

Yesterday I was thinking of the difference between Wars and Trek, when you mentioned you spoke to Mr. Chxx.

Wars, as space-western fantasy, and Trek as more cerebral science fiction, the difference in attitude plays out in costumes.

Wars is often less uniform and more varied - it's heroes are a rag tag band, and the Empire is packed with variation, which has long been a source for merchandising potential.

Trek is more uniform, whether it's Starfleet, Klingons, Romulans, Ferengi, etc.

The two properties lend themselves to different collecting attitudes, because Trek isn't as 'mix and match'. Each period is defined, with fewer variations within each period, whereas in Wars the same uniforms/armour recur for many years - a bit like the Roman army where armour was handed down trough the family, so that a legion could be comprised of soldiers wearing the latest designs as well as discontinued ones.

Klingon warriors, for example look very similar from the TOS films to the TNG era.

And for something 'spectacular', I'm imagining Klingons. Maybe a Kruge to accompany Kirk and Spock in their very appealing looking movie uniforms...

Or a Gowron to accompany Picard & co in their Type B uniforms...

GowrownTNGPromo.jpg

Last edited:
Gowron had very distinctive eyes, and Martok was distinguished by having only one eye.

They would both be very impressive as figures.

Ever since the Klingons returned in 1979 they reminded me of the gorillas in the original Planet of the Apes, which are incidentally my three favourite and most nostalgic Hot Toys figures.

images

tsfs0734.jpg

The name Mark Lenard was familiar to me from the Planet of the Apes annual, since he played the gorilla General Urko in the series. Then a few years later he was a Klingon captain in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Mark-Lenard.jpg

He was day dreaming about counting all of Jadzia's spots.

whoiswithoutsin_183.jpg
Kirk must have had a crystal ball to see her in the future...
Speaking in terms of TOS it must have been somebody else. There were plenty of girls in skimpy outfits that tickled Kirk's fancy during the 3 seasons of his 5 year mission.

Back