EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt on this is kind of odd to me. I’m not quite sure I see a great Patrick Stewart likeness. Some pictures it looks better than others.

Sculpt is good but not perfect. I ended up pre-ordering from BBTS. Best deal for me. I'll most likely receive him later than if ordering directly but that has never been an issue for me.

He will look good with Data, on display.

Sculpt is good but not perfect. I ended up pre-ordering from BBTS. Best deal for me. I'll most likely receive him later than if ordering directly but that has never been an issue for me.

He will look good with Data, on display.
I’m not sure what exactly it is with the sculpt. It’s one of those that looks better from an angle, but looking at it in a more straight-on view it looks off. To me Data is the better looking figure of the two so far.

Still pre-ordered. Went with EXO-6 directly again.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

I agree, there's something off on the sculpt. I really liked the QMx portrait but there seems to be something amiss with this one. Maybe the nose is too large? Idk, I haven't looked at side by sides but this one is definately a bit off.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

I agree, there's something off on the sculpt. I really liked the QMx portrait but there seems to be something amiss with this one. Maybe the nose is too large? Idk, I haven't looked at side by sides but this one is definately a bit off.
I was thinking the nose too, but looking at screen grabs Stewart does have kind of a big nose.

Passing on the First Contact figures and waiting on the captains line. Tough decision as I loved the idea of two heads for Data and that this Picard will be getting a chair to match, but I just didn't care that much for the Next Generation movies (movies from the original series though I'm all in for those figures). Hopefully this is successful enough to get a line of figures from the TNG show (and the other shows that have had captain figures teased).

I?m not sure what exactly it is with the sculpt. It?s one of those that looks better from an angle, but looking at it in a more straight-on view it looks off. To me Data is the better looking figure of the two so far.

Still pre-ordered. Went with EXO-6 directly again.

Yeah I can't quite put my finger on it either. Perhaps the nose or eyes, or width of the head...

The shape of the eyebrows is definitely off though. He's always had some very distinct short, arching eyebrows instead of the normal ones we see on the sculpt.

Polish_20210505_111551281.jpg

1_McH36axoFE3BZhBNzDiPvg_1_1_1.jpg

Combination of a few things looking at the two pictures together. His eyes are too squinty I think is one thing. Agreed about the eyebrows not looking right, and I also agree the chin dimple isn’t high enough.

Last edited:
I agree with literally every criticism so far. The eyes look a bit too much like the recently deceased Christopher Plummer. Definitely too squinted. The eyebrow arches are too far out to the extremities, distance between nose and mouth very subtly too great and chin dimple could be raised.

General shape of the head seems good though and that's often a downfall with headsculpts. And I'll say this, it's easy to be Captain hindsight with these things, much harder I expect to actually do the work and know for sure that you're getting it right as you do it.

True, this could well have been one of those sculpts that worked better as a 3D render than when painted up.

It still captures him well enough for my taste, but I do really hope we see some improvement for the next one.

Back