EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Anyone else have favorite actors in minor Trek roles that they would love to buy?

While some of the following are not necessarily "minor" roles, I would love the following:

- Paul Winfield from "Darmok". One of my favorite episodes of all ST series.

- Christopher Plummer as Chang in "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country". A must-have figure!

- Clint Howard as Balok in TOS "The Corbomite Maneuver."

- Christopher Lloyd as Commander Kruge.

- Kelsey Grammer as Captain Morgan Bateson.

- Saul Rubinek as Kivas Fajo in the TNG episode "The Most Toys". Another great episode, especially the ending.

- Matt Frewer as Berlinghoff Rasmussen in the TNG episode "A Matter of Time".

As far as memorable guest actors go, I'd love to have a Terry O'Quinn as Admiral Pressman, since he was so damn good in that episode and probably the best of the "Evil Admirals".

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

I am as excited as anyone for the prospect of covering many major characters, I also collect 1/6 scale figures because I appreciate when a company makes great sculpts of great actors and actresses. For example, I am not that excited to acquire Captain Jonathan Archer, but I am very excited to add a Scott Bakula to my collection. My Hot Toys Ellen Ripley is a favorite in my collection not because I care that much about the Aliens franchise but because Sigourney Weaver is science fiction royalty.

Trek has a great history of many notable actors having minor roles. For example, Engineer Ensign Rivers from Enterprise is a wholly unimportant character, but I would still buy one because I doubt I would ever get another chance to have Seth MacFarlane in my character collection. Dean Stockwell is also a minor villain on one Enterprise episode, but I would pair a Dean Stockwell with a Scott Bakula figure any day of the week. I know super deep cuts like this are crazy and unheard of, who actually wants a Colonel Grat figure, but I just wanted to put it out there that if the line is looking for figures to make people jealous that they missed someone and the line is fine doing very limited runs for some figures, then you have the ability to approach product selection because some talent is a lot bigger than their Trek role.

Anyone else have favorite actors in minor Trek roles that they would love to buy?
Since you mentioned him, the initial plan of my quest of 1/6 Trek license was Orville. I planned to obtain Orville to gain access to other franchises so I could repackage myself and approach 1/6 Trek. (I never give up on anything if I see even a slight opportunity. Gambler at heart)

Meantime, I continued to create opportunities for myself to reach 1/6 Trek. Succeed, then I dropped Orville.

Not a good paintup. I didn't bother to repaint at the time because I had obtained appointment with CBS.

Guess he will be in Enterprise Uniform after all. But I doubt he can reach the minimum quantity when he's sold in Starfleet uniform.

BTW, this proto was painted by a young lady who only has one-eye. Saw her sleeping at McD everyday. Assuming she must had a story and I listened.

Hired her and trained her and managed the 1st in-house paint work for QMx 2nd Kirk and Spovk release. Fired her after this project because my work was straining her remaining eye. She has returned and passing her talents to the new comers.

I have very strong pride with my production. They are done by those who deemed to be inferior in most societies.

876a1242da9be942fa3ec5b658faf661.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
77cb29d97616e9973bd2af7af49714af.jpg
61ec32d9f2c96ac345c6118113070472.jpg

Last edited:
You know what could be a good model to go by? How Diamond Select did Trek for awhile. I'm looking at my collection and I own figures from the original series, next generation and deep space 9 there. I mean, I own an Ensign Ro and two different versions of Chief O'Brian. They made much, MUCH more though.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Since you mentioned him, the initial plan of my quest of 1/6 Trek license was Orville. I planned to obtain Orville to gain access to other franchises so I could repackage myself and approach 1/6 Trek. (I never give up on anything if I see even a slight opportunity. Gambler at heart)

Meantime, I continued to create opportunities for myself to reach 1/6 Trek. Succeed, then I dropped Orville.

Not a good paintup. I didn't bother to repaint at the time because I had obtained appointment with CBS.

Guess he will be in Enterprise Uniform after all. But I doubt he can reach the minimum quantity when he's sold in Starfleet uniform.

BTW, this proto was painted by a young lady who only has one-eye. Saw her sleeping at McD everyday. Assuming she must had a story and I listened.

Hired her and trained her and managed the 1st in-house paint work for QMx 2nd Kirk and Spovk release. Fired her after this project because my work was straining her remaining eye. She has returned and passing her talents to the new comers.

I have very strong pride with my production. They are done by those who deemed to be inferior in most societies.

876a1242da9be942fa3ec5b658faf661.jpg

77cb29d97616e9973bd2af7af49714af.jpg
61ec32d9f2c96ac345c6118113070472.jpg

Nanjin, you already mentioned the young lady in the QMx thread, but I am happy to see her at work. She did an excellent job on KnS 2.0 and so I am proud to own 2 sets of Kirk n Spock. Thanks, young lady!!!!

I'd buy one. I could always put a black t-shirt on him and make him off-hours Ed.

I'd buy one. I could always put a black t-shirt on him and make him off-hours Ed.
Mr MacFarlane should like a figure of himself but I think he wouldnt feel comfortable for it to be in ST uniforms [emoji1]

She is clearly talented, awesome that you gave her a chance when a lot of other people would have just walked by.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Mr MacFarlane should like a figure of himself but I think he wouldnt feel comfortable for it to be in ST uniforms [emoji1]

Archer won't stand alone. [emoji1787]
881ffc6660689be3e2566a58e5ed2ee7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

All time best Star Trek guest Star who I would buy in a heartbeat is Iggy Pop as the Vorta in the DS9 episode The Magnificent Ferengi.
All depends on how big a music fan you are.

Got this message today from BBTS - I was not surprised (and wouldn't have ordered QMx Scotty anyway)!!!

Hello,
Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!
Unfortunately we must cancel our Pre-orders for the Star Trek: The Original Series Montgomery "Scotty" Scott 1/6 Scale Articulated Figure. If this item is re-solicited in the future, we will be sure to publish it on our website once again.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued business. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
Sincerely,
BBTS Customer Service
888-980-2287

Let's see how Scotty will be doing under Exo-6 control.... If he is excellent I'll buy my Mira Romaine her good companion.

Thank you for posting that - I feel vindicated for cancelling my order last year. Now...roll on Exo-6 Scotty (and Bones 2.0!)

I would buy McFarlane in an Enterprise uniform. Sure he would be an unofficial character, but he would still be fun to throw in a display as an extra crew member.

Season 1 and 2 TNG uniforms were horrendous. Season 3 forward are the standard for TNG. The writing and episodes improved dramatically, as well. Those are the versions of the figures that I would want to display, even for Yar. "Yesterday's Enterprise" was not only a fantastic episode but the subsequent episodes inspired by what happened there were great, as well.

I disagree with your opinion about Season 1 uniforms. They were a clean design in how they fit the actors and had no visual break at the waistline, IMO. We all know now that the actors hated them because they were uncomfortable and tended to get funky because of the Spandex material and long hours under hot studio lights. Those qualities of that costume are horrendous for sure, but the design itself was perfectly fine. All that being said, yeah I much prefer the TNG standard uniforms from middle of S3 forward. I still like S1 and 2 uniforms for their place in Star Trek history. Besides, they make appearances in the series finale, and that makes them a notable possibility for 1/6th Trek. Hey Nanjin, I'll buy all of them if you make 'em. ;)

The S1-2 uniforms do look pretty horribly dated now compared to the later uniforms, but that's actually what I kinda like about them, as it really takes you back to when you first watched those episodes in the late 80s, and gives the show the same kind of retro scifi vibe that Buck Rogers or Space: 1999 had. And I think it would be cool to have at least one figure to represent that early version of the show.

Albert then, from "A Million Ways to die in the West"!

He's playing in the Holodeck with Pria ;)

images.jpg

Season 1 and 2 TNG uniforms were horrendous. Season 3 forward are the standard for TNG.

I disagree with your opinion about Season 1 uniforms. They were a clean design in how they fit the actors and had no visual break at the waistline, IMO. We all know now that the actors hated them because they were uncomfortable and tended to get funky because of the Spandex material and long hours under hot studio lights. Those qualities of that costume are horrendous for sure, but the design itself was perfectly fine. All that being said, yeah I much prefer the TNG standard uniforms from middle of S3 forward. I still like S1 and 2 uniforms for their place in Star Trek history. Besides, they make appearances in the series finale, and that makes them a notable possibility for 1/6th Trek. Hey Nanjin, I'll buy all of them if you make 'em. ;)

The S1-2 uniforms do look pretty horribly dated now compared to the later uniforms, but that's actually what I kinda like about them, as it really takes you back to when you first watched those episodes in the late 80s, and gives the show the same kind of retro scifi vibe that Buck Rogers or Space: 1999 had. And I think it would be cool to have at least one figure to represent that early version of the show.

There's something oddly feminine about the Type A uniforms.

latest

They were camp, like the uniforms in TMP which have curiously become more acceptable over time.

TWOK uniforms were like an antidote to the campiness of TMP, and were much more militaristic. I see the same transition in TNG from the A to the more serious B with its suggestion of a militaristic stand collar.

The neck is now more 'guarded' rather than exposed. The type A, however, as with the female Ensign in the background, works better on her than it did for the men.

A Vorta figure would be insane. Come on Weyoun!

If Nanjin was to make just one Jeffrey Combs character in 1/6 I honestly don't know whether I would vote for Shran or Weyoun.

Either would be a day 1 order though as the actor was such a big part of Star Trek that he deserves a place on any Star Trek 1/6 shelf (even if it were Brunt!)

Back