EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hyperbole is big in this hobby, for some reason. I've found it in both praise and critique of figures and companies. But I honestly haven't seen anyone "hero worship" or treat Nanjin as some sort of "deity". At most, there's been some cheerleading due to the fact that he was involved with bringing the initial Star Trek 1/6 figure line to fruition and now obtaining the license and moving forward with more. That's about it.

As far as Asmus goes, they listened to the collectors and added an accessory (cape) to the upcoming Galadriel figure. The Helm's Deep Aragorn head sculpt went through a few iterations, based on collector feedback in the forum, as well. I think there were more instances but they don't come to mind now.

As far as Hot Toys goes, they are the top 1/6 figure company by far and it is all due to Howard Chan. While the majority of their figures are the best in the business, they have previewed dozens of figures that never saw the light of day. Then there are the numerous incomplete lines that I won't go into here. So critique is warranted as well as praise.

Ironically enough, it was I that started this thread to allow Nanjin's new endeavor to have it's own separate thread set apart from the other "QMX" thread. No "Hero Worship" motives here. Just thought it would be prudent to have a thread dedicated to the new company's products.

I've been a member of this forum (and the original forum before this one) for an embarrassingly long time. I've been in the hobby significantly longer. This has been a fun hobby all this time and I have never witnessed "blind faith", "hero worship", etc., to be honest. The fact that it's been brought up here has been truly surprising.

Indeed but it has been seen by not just I.

As you say I am a passionate star trek fan but no I have no axe to grind with Mr Tam and if you cant see or understand my viewpoint thats fine.

My only "gripe" is that as a director/supply head he has made errors in my humble opinion that some do not see and that is a shame because it is the only way companies can grow.

I myself have made massive errors but manage to reflect and learn and dont get too annoyed when my colleagues that work for me point out errors that I may have been blind to.

All i get is a bit frustrated with just veilled teasers that he puts up but nothing comes about and cryptic messaging and at times incoherence in some of the nessaging.

And if you see him as doing no wrong fine, but now you may see that their are some of us who see a bit too much Fandom mania than practical and critical thinking.

And when he gets criticised rather than review and reflect there is an instant vitriolic slight in defence,and the reason you say you havent witnessed hero worship, maybe too strong a word, maybe massive fan,is it maybe because you are an advocate,which isnt a bad thing in these times where support is needed between friends,but i see it through a non biased buisness perspective.

But I have no axe to grind with you or Mr Tam and have no hidden motives or vengeful intent because of any sense of being wronged.
I will leave it there and move on.

I'm happy to hear Asmus brought up by Nanjin as a company he respects. I always watch when new companies enter the market. I have seen the name Nanjin around here for many, many years and he has always made efforts in a positive direction for his life's passion. I am very excited for him with this new venture... I am very happy to hear him desire to emulate Asmus, which I believe is one of the better success stories in this hobby... and I am very eager for him to have success... Trek-cess! For everyone here.

Great post! Totally agree[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just ignore the nanjin must do this or nanjin must do that post. Some people just look to stir the dookie, and I refuse to play into it. I will purchase whatever nanjin can produce, whenever he can produce it. Call me whatever you want, I'm a trek/nanjin fan.

:lecture

Something that once seemed impossible is actually happening, and it's only due to Nanjin's drive and passion for 1/6 Trek.

Yet there's always been a few members in these Trek threads gunning for him, which seems a tad counterproductive since without Nanjin there probably wouldn't be any more quality 1/6 Trek.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

You got me curious who are Limtoys and what do they make?

They make bootleg video game figures, Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and Red Dead Redemption.

People shouldn't confuse 'passion' with 'a person who works with the company posts on this forum and makes me feel important because they pass on my comments to their boss'. Everyone who works in the industry is passionate about making 1/6 scale figures, it's a ****** job and it takes endless hours of communication with factories to make sure the figure even turns out half as good as your initial prototype.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

They make bootleg video game figures, Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and Red Dead Redemption.

People shouldn't confuse 'passion' with 'a person who works with the company posts on this forum and makes me feel important because they pass on my comments to their boss'. Everyone who works in the industry is passionate about making 1/6 scale figures, it's a ****** job and it takes endless hours of communication with factories to make sure the figure even turns out half as good as your initial prototype.

Ah. I have a feeling they were not included in the original comment because they are not producing licensed product.

Also I think what Nanjin meant was the passion of the owner for the particular license. Andy, the owner of Asmus worked for WETA on LOTR and is very passionate about LOTR which is one of the reasons he grabbed license and has been going as deep as he has with it (or at least that is my understanding).
Likewise Nanjin is a huge Star Trek fan which is why he has been chasing this 1/6 dream for as long as he has and why he has put so much time and effort into.

Good news. We have a date to debut our first figure.

EXO-6 is leaving Space Dock within 2 weeks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Just a debut of the coming figures.

This figure is not even an Appetizer but a host who will be greeting my friends at the entrance of our 1/6 Trek Wonderland!

The coming years will be wonderful for us Trek fans. EXO-6 will make them as beautiful as they can be.

We have prevailed even with all those obstacles and difficulties.

?Luck favors the Bold.?

We are BOLD! [emoji110]

Excellent news but I'm expecting a salvo of torpedoes fired at the U.S.S. Nanjin at any moment... :wink1:
Thank you for the kind concern.

Our shields and impulse engine are in 100% efficiency.

Our helmsman is no longer in dodging mode either.

Full impulse ahead. Activate Warp Drive once we clear the system!

[emoji4]

Good news. We have a date to debut our first figure.

EXO-6 is leaving Space Dock within 2 weeks [emoji4]

:yess:

2113435281sevenofnine-star-trek-animated-gif.gif

Thank you for the kind concern.

Our shields and impulse engine are in 100% efficiency.

Our helmsman is no longer in dodging mode either.

Full impulse ahead. Activate Warp Drive once we clear the system!

[emoji4]

Archer please Archer please

Back