EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did laugh. Isn't that how one acknowledges it as a joke? The fact that some people here took it as an insult, and/or take the jokey response to be an insult is just another example of why we don't need an AI to destroy humanity.

Still, I suppose the AI will help.

I think you need to re-read Brunt FCA 's post bud - he said "the people" (implying it was folks wherever Nanjin posted) NOT "some people HERE".

I think you need to re-read Brunt FCA 's post bud - he said "the people" (implying it was folks wherever Nanjin posted) NOT "some people HERE".

Sure but I wasn't referring exclusively to this post. Lots of people misinterpret humorous posts on the Internet, including people on these forums. The fact that we are having this exchange proves my point and I for one will bow down before Femputer.

Sure but I wasn't referring exclusively to this post. Lots of people misinterpret humorous posts on the Internet, including people on these forums. The fact that we are having this exchange proves my point and I for one will bow down before Femputer.
If you were to read Nanjin's post of Facebook, there's no humor. He goes on to call us all bullies and talk about how toxic this forum has become.

If you were to read Nanjin's post of Facebook, there's no humor. He goes on to call us all bullies and talk about how toxic this forum has become.
It's a genuine shame if he feels like that. I am old enough to remember a time before the internet when people apologised if they'd upset someone. It's gratifying to be a part of a world where everyone just doubles down on the blame. I think my point still stands. Humanity at its best.

I don't think my sarcasm could have been any more obvious, but guess I underestimated the folks on FB.
It is astonishing how many people from other countries don't get sarcasm or irony. It's just not part of their cultural make-up. Stephen Fry once said British humour is at its best when it's at its most ironic, and when it's at its most ironic, it's least likely to get a laugh in Idaho.

Why the heck is he still reading this forum when he hates it so much? Crazy. Especially when the poor guy can never take a joke.

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
Why the heck is he still reading this forum when he hates it so much? Crazy. Especially when the poor guy can never take a joke.

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
lol. I've read some of the comments and responses on here too over many years. Nanjin isn't the only one who can't take a joke.

I guess he still looks in because market research is a part of his job.

Speaking of irony, I find it ironic that he complains about how toxic this forum has become, when I would bet that a majority of members find it significantly less toxic than it was just a few years ago. The reality is what he calls "toxic," rational people would call skeptical and critical. And after his talking about "warp speed" and "difficult choices" being "imminent" for well over a year as well as some oddities like the color of Captain Sisko's arms and TMP Kirk's tan, some skepticism and constructive criticism on the part of the customer base is completely reasonable.

Iā€™ve said my piece about Nanjin on more than one occasion. Heā€™s so set on what his vision is and thatā€™s all that can be right and no one should question him. Thatā€™s the biggest problem.

I really donā€™t think for the most part people on this forum have been unfairly critical of his works.

Heā€™s brought on more negativity from choosing to berate us. Like dude, weā€™re a big part of your customer base.

I also find it ironic how he basically asked those of us here to support him, which we have and then after the fact itā€™s like weā€™re not good enough to be true ā€œStar Trek friendsā€ and our opinions should be kept to ourselves.

Iā€™ve said my piece about Nanjin on more than one occasion. Heā€™s so set on what his vision is and thatā€™s all that can be right and no one should question him. Thatā€™s the biggest problem.

I really donā€™t think for the most part people on this forum have been unfairly critical of his works.

Heā€™s brought on more negativity from choosing to berate us. Like dude, weā€™re a big part of your customer base.

I also find it ironic how he basically asked those of us here to support him, which we have and then after the fact itā€™s like weā€™re not good enough to be true ā€œStar Trek friendsā€ and our opinions should be kept to ourselves.
He asked us for help on another forum I belonged to, WAY back, when he was first putting together the TOS crew and TWOK Space Revenge editions - DS Studios.

All that support and encouragement he received now means nothing to him. Itā€™s disgusting.

Speaking of irony, I find it ironic that he complains about how toxic this forum has become, when I would bet that a majority of members find it significantly less toxic than it was just a few years ago. The reality is what he calls "toxic," rational people would call skeptical and critical. And after his talking about "warp speed" and "difficult choices" being "imminent" for well over a year as well as some oddities like the color of Captain Sisko's arms and TMP Kirk's tan, some skepticism and constructive criticism on the part of the customer base is completely reasonable.
Lol. The colour correction in TMP was all over the place. Kirk's 'tan' ranged from purple to blue. If you have an issue just hold the figure up to the screen until you find the scene in which the tan matches.

Lol. The colour correction in TMP was all over the place. Kirk's 'tan' ranged from purple to blue. If you have an issue just hold the figure up to the screen until you find the scene in which the tan matches.
I actually don't have an issue. I pointed it out as an "oddity," because a lot of other people do have an issue with his skintone. I could have also mentioned Kira looking like she's coming with season 4 boots while the rest of her is from season 1, How terrible Spot looks in the TNG Data promo photos, Kolinahr Spock's kinda crossed eyes and the texture on his "contemplation" hands (not sure what else to call those), among other things, but I chose brevity instead.

Last edited:
I actually don't have an issue. I pointed it out as an "oddity," because a lot of other people do have an issue with his skintone. I could have also mentioned Kira looking like she's coming with season 4 boots while the rest of her is from season 1, How terrible Spot looks in the TNG Data promo photos, Kolinahr Spock's kinda crossed eyes and the texture on this "contemplation" hands (not sure what else to call those), among other things, but I chose brevity instead.
I haven't found any significant issues with any of my figures fortunately. I generally try to tweak the paint apps myself if I think they need a bit of help. The sculpts are usually fine. I found that TOS Spock needed a bit of ink wash on his lips and TOS Sulu needed a bit of tweaking. I've never been overly concerned by absolutely screen accurate uniforms. I grew up in the era of Mego so the stuff that is coming out now looks amazing to me even with tiny faults.

I only started collecting when QMX produced the 50th anniversary Kirk and I have limited myself to Star Trek and X-Men, so maybe I just kept my expectations at a more realistic level because of that. They are hand painted and it's a small company after all. The most disappointing thing was QMX not finishing the line.

I'm glad that I managed my expectations. People that didn't seem very angry and unhappy. Taking pot shots at Nanjin doesn't seem to be doing much to make them (or him) feel better. That doesn't seem like a very logical approach to me.

I do still appreciate the sarcasm though.

My praise for various aspects of Nanjin's approach has been frequent, and I still feel that praise is accurate & deserved.

But he really doesn't do himself any favours with stuff like this, and STILL appears to be completely clueless as to why his unnecessary & missguided comments continue to aggravate his customer base :dunno

Back