EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Technically announced. Debut is matter of weeks. Pre-sale of Picard will be more like superficial because those ordered Data more than likely will order Picard. Pre-sale open and delivery within 3 months (more like 1-2 months)

I have to focus on other figures. That's no such thing as single figure in production.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
Yep, count me in for Picard whenever he goes up for pre-order. The Borg Queen is the only one I don’t know if I’ll buy.

After hemming and hawing, here's my PO, had to put my money in the bucket and support this line, especially because Data is such a great character.

One to beam down, Mister Tam.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Nope. Is because we are not familiar with the EU market. So I am taking a ?wait to be contact approach? from the EU local disturbutors. The market will point them to us.

Okay, I have asked several EU dealers, some told me they will be going to contact Exo-6. Good lucK!

Wish you luck with this new venture Nanjin. As for me, I’m strictly TOS so hopefully, after the figures announced, there will be more.

Technically announced. Debut is matter of weeks. Pre-sale of Picard will be more like superficial because those ordered Data more than likely will order Picard. Pre-sale open and delivery within 3 months (more like 1-2 months)

I have to focus on other figures. That's no such thing as single figure in production.

Many thanks for getting this done Nanjin, just wanted to add my voice to those who really appreciate what you're achieving for Star Trek fans. Can't wait to see what's coming up...!

I'm already over the First Contact wave. Please can we have some Voyager and Enterprise figures!

Lol. I am getting a feeling that no matter what EXO makes there will be another group out there clamoring for something different. There are just so many different renditions of Trek and depending on one’s taste you may only like one or two of them and if the other ones are being made but not the one you want above all others it could get a little frustrating. For my sake I hope TWOK or the Undiscovered County are coming sooner rather than later.

I'm likely not buying anything unless Kelvin Timeline stuff gets made, as that's my Star Trek, but my 2 cents on what's been show so far:

It seems like the choices for uniforms is better suited to a 6 inch line, because it might be hard for people to throw down almost $200 for costumes that don't have as much screen time as the main ones people think of when they think of these characters.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like some nice 1/12 scale Kelvin Timeline figures of the cast from those movies, because I'd probably only wind up with Spock and Kirk in their normal uniforms if those get made at this scale.

I'm likely not buying anything unless Kelvin Timeline stuff gets made, as that's my Star Trek, but my 2 cents on what's been show so far:

It seems like the choices for uniforms is better suited to a 6 inch line, because it might be hard for people to throw down almost $200 for costumes that don't have as much screen time as the main ones people think of when they think of these characters.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like some nice 1/12 scale Kelvin Timeline figures of the cast from those movies, because I'd probably only wind up with Spock and Kirk in their normal uniforms if those get made at this scale.

I am hoping we get Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I wouldn’t mind Uhura as well. Her role felt much larger in the Kelvin timeline than the original. I could live with just those four from that series and call it a day on Kelvin but I am much more of a TOS and original movies guy. I will probably cave in for most of TNG figures as well and Sisko is a must. My wife grew up watching TNG reruns when she would get home from school in the afternoon. Didn’t even know she was a fan of Trek until after we were engaged. It was when we were in college and Nemesis was coming out that she told me.

Lol. I am getting a feeling that no matter what EXO makes there will be another group out there clamoring for something different. There are just so many different renditions of Trek and depending on one?s taste you may only like one or two of them and if the other ones are being made but not the one you want above all others it could get a little frustrating. For my sake I hope TWOK or the Undiscovered County are coming sooner rather than later.
Trek vs Trek

Trek vs Trek

Yup. The closest comparison I can really think of is the different Star Wars trilogies and now shows fighting for Hot Toys slots. I am very curious how the Trek vs Trek effects this line. Obviously I want it to be a long running successful line because there are a lot of Trek figures I personally want, I really want to see Nanjin succeed and I would also like the fans of the Trek series I am not familiar with to get what they want to but it does seem like a delicate balance.

Loved that show and would be in for anything Enterprise they made.
It probably isn’t my favorite Star Trek show, but I don’t quite get why so many people seem to dislike it. It’s pretty good in my opinion. It’s also the last show that feels true in spirit to what Star Trek is in my opinion. The Kelvin timeline films were a mixed bag, and the new shows on CBS All Access feel like something entirely different just using the Star Trek intellectual properties.

I will throw my money at anything EXO-6 makes for TOS and TNG. Those are my Star Trek eras. Select characters from the other series and alternate timelines will be fun extras that I'll pick and choose from. It will be exciting time for Trek!
Just for the heck (and fun) of it, I'll put my most unlikely-to-be-realized super-random list of characters I'd love to see in 1/6 scale:

1. Captain Pike, Mr. Spock, Vina and the main Talosian from The Cage pilot episode
2. Captain Kirk, Spock, Gary Mitchell and Dr. Elizabeth Dehner from 2nd-pilot episode
3. The Salt Vampire
4. Yeoman Janice Rand
5. Kirk in 1st-season green wraparound tunic
6. Harry Mudd
7. Romulan Centurion
8. The Gorn reptile
9. Klingon Commander Kor
10. Kirk and Spock in dress tunics
11. Nomad space probe
12. Mirror Universe versions of crew
13. Commodore Matt Decker
14. Sarek and Amanda
15. Tellarite Ambassador Gav
16. blue-skinned Andorian
17. Kirk in 2nd-season green wraparound tunic
18. Female Romulan Commander
19. Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Chekov in spacesuits from "The Tholian Web"
20. Kirk, Spock, Decker, Ilia and a Klingon (from TMP)
21. Chekov and Captain Terrell in their spacesuits (from TWOK)
22. Kirk, McCoy and Saavik in their away team jackets (from TWOK)
23. Scotty in his bomber jacket (from ST III)
24. General Chang (from ST VI)

I could go on, but this is getting ridiculous! :taz

It probably isn?t my favorite Star Trek show, but I don?t quite get why so many people seem to dislike it. It?s pretty good in my opinion. It?s also the last show that feels true in spirit to what Star Trek is in my opinion. The Kelvin timeline films were a mixed bag, and the new shows on CBS All Access feel like something entirely different just using the Star Trek intellectual properties.
The Uniforms and the Theme Song. At least the Uniforms factor is accurate conclusion statistically speaking [emoji1787]

The Uniforms and the Theme Song. At least the Uniforms factor is accurate conclusion statistically speaking [emoji1787]

I actually don’t mind the uniforms. They look like something that would have been used by an early Starfleet. In a way they also seem somewhat similar to actual NASA outfits, so I could buy that Starfleet early on would use something similar. The theme is different, but I also don’t mind it.

TOS, TOS films and TNG for me.

No interest whatsoever in the Kelvin timeline. Very little in Enterprise, Discovery or Picard.

DS9 and Voyager were okay in part, but DS9 in particular became very boring.

TOS Chekov and Uhura are high priorities to complete the core character series. Then some crewmates for QMx Picard.

I would say of the more classic era Star Trek shows that Voyager is my least favorite. Largely in part because I just really don’t care for Janeway. Also the show overused the Borg. They went from being creepy on TNG, but didn’t show up too terribly often to being regularly featured on VOY.

I would say of the more classic era Star Trek shows that Voyager is my least favorite. Largely in part because I just really don?t care for Janeway. Also the show overused the Borg. They went from being creepy on TNG, but didn?t show up too terribly often to being regularly featured on VOY.

There were parts of Voyager i liked(Mainly Seven and the Doctor, purely based on their characters), and i'd welcome a Voyager-Era Doctor most of all(Like, he would be my high priority as a purchase), but i do accept that not everyone would want him.
I have a scratchbuilt holoemitter on my desk here at work that i had signed by Robert Picardo when i got a chance to chat with him for a bit at a modelling convention in Louisville.

Back