EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, all this talk of Star Trek 5. I love that film. How Shatner managed to pull off any kind of completed movie with everything that went wrong with that production, I'll never know. I find it to have the best chemistry between the cast since the original series. Figure wise, I would expect at least the main villain from each movie represented as well as a Kirk as he has a different look in each instalment.

Man, all this talk of Star Trek 5. I love that film. How Shatner managed to pull off any kind of completed movie with everything that went wrong with that production, I'll never know. I find it to have the best chemistry between the cast since the original series. Figure wise, I would expect at least the main villain from each movie represented as well as a Kirk as he has a different look in each instalment.
Funny, I always thought I was the only one who loved that film. Great characterizations for the cast, and a true ensemble film instead of just focusing on the big three.

Sure, there are cringe moments, like Scotty’s head bump and (by current standards, despite the fact that Nicols LOVED it) the fan dance. And plot failures - how did the Kingons get through the barrier? But overall, man, it’s the most thoughtful of the films. What would you say to God? And would you stand up to him/her if they aren’t what you thought they were? As a former Christian who has read the Bible cover to cover both from a religious view and a cynical view, it fascinates me.

Funny, I always thought I was the only one who loved that film. Great characterizations for the cast, and a true ensemble film instead of just focusing on the big three.

Sure, there are cringe moments, like Scotty’s head bump and (by current standards, despite the fact that Nicols LOVED it) the fan dance. And plot failures - how did the Kingons get through the barrier? But overall, man, it’s the most thoughtful of the films. What would you say to God? And would you stand up to him/her if they aren’t what you thought they were? As a former Christian who has read the Bible cover to cover both from a religious view and a cynical view, it fascinates me.
Yeah, the Scotty headbump works well as a joke in the trailer but as the reason they catch him is a bit stupid. The story is proper Trek and although the effects are mediocre, I don't watch Trek for the effects. The opening campfire scene epitomises all of Trek for me. So, lots of Trek 5 figures please Nanjin. :)

Sisko turned out to be exactly what I wanted. As I mentioned before, Sisko was intended to be released right after Janeway. Because I thought the original concept of the Sisko figure lacked character, I pull Sisko off from our scheduling and redevelop him using our newly developed body. He turned out to be the MOST BAD ASS character I developed to date.

I happy with Sisko.

Sisko will come with 2 versions. A basic and a full accessories. The basic will be the one I previously developed. The full version will be what I have added in the past year.

Working paperwork. Once is done, he will be up for pre-order.

what do you think of 2 price levels. I have this approach in mind for a long time. Time to test my hypothesis.
780_1227-Edit.jpg

YES!! Sisko! Generally I'd be interested in full accessory editions, but I also agree that it depends on what those accessories are. One of the things I appreciate about Nanjin's vision is that if he's not happy with the figure he holds until he feels it's right. Thank you Nanjin!!

Li have no issues with a DX price point for cool accessories. If it keeps sales strong, bring on as many versions as it takes!

Li have no issues with a DX price point for cool accessories. If it keeps sales strong, bring on as many versions as it takes!
There are trek fans who major in DS9 and there are those who major in something else like VOY TOS or TNG and want a minor degree in DS9 collection.

The basic version of Sisko can satisfy the group who only want a minor degree in DS9.

Full accessories include iconic or meaningful items.

Me too, TFF seems to get a lot of hate, and I do agree with a lot of the criticism, but out of all of the films featuring the TOS cast it’s the one which feels like an episode of TOS and is one of the few Star Trek movies where they actually venture to “the final frontier”.

People often complain that the newer Trek films turned into all “pew pew” but it’s odd how the 3 of the most popular in most polls turn out to be II, VI and First Contact which have far more pew pew.

When it comes to the Klingons it was never said on screen that the Enterprise did anything but fly through. I know there was a behind the scenes suggestion (possibly the novel) where Sybock did something to the shields which the Klingons copied but in the movie they just pressed through.
Yeah, the Scotty headbump works well as a joke in the trailer but as the reason they catch him is a bit stupid. The story is proper Trek and although the effects are mediocre, I don't watch Trek for the effects. The opening campfire scene epitomises all of Trek for me. So, lots of Trek 5 figures please Nanjin. :)
The head bump was an off moment which doesn’t really work, as for effects yes you can see the FX company wasn’t as good as others but the shot with the Enterprise sat in front of the moon was stunning.

from a model and prop design they have a plus in my mind for the designs of the Shuttles and Phasers.

bringing this back to figures if we saw a FF sculpt of Kirk along with the “bomber” jacket design I’d buy him.

Sisko looks great nanjin looking forward to seeing your plans for the figure.

Out of interest has anyone watched the new Picard footage and thought they would like a figure of anything?

I still like the look of Picard in the jacket which resembles his Darmok jacket (do love those Captain specific jackets - like the bomber one I mentioned from TFF, always wanted a wearable one) and Rios who I think looks great in that updated uniform.

STV was a big disappointment at the time, but I gotta say it's become a huge guilty pleasure for me in the years since, and is always just a lot of fun to watch. Especially with all the fun little character moments throughout.

Very interesting news about the DX Sisko. I wonder if the regular version will be him in just a full uniform without the opened jacket and vest? Because if that's the case I might be forced to get both...

Me too, TFF seems to get a lot of hate, and I do agree with a lot of the criticism, but out of all of the films featuring the TOS cast it’s the one which feels like an episode of TOS and is one of the few Star Trek movies where they actually venture to “the final frontier”.

People often complain that the newer Trek films turned into all “pew pew” but it’s odd how the 3 of the most popular in most polls turn out to be II, VI and First Contact which have far more pew pew.

When it comes to the Klingons it was never said on screen that the Enterprise did anything but fly through. I know there was a behind the scenes suggestion (possibly the novel) where Sybock did something to the shields which the Klingons copied but in the movie they just pressed through.

The head bump was an off moment which doesn’t really work, as for effects yes you can see the FX company wasn’t as good as others but the shot with the Enterprise sat in front of the moon was stunning.

from a model and prop design they have a plus in my mind for the designs of the Shuttles and Phasers.

bringing this back to figures if we saw a FF sculpt of Kirk along with the “bomber” jacket design I’d buy him.

Sisko looks great nanjin looking forward to seeing your plans for the figure.

Out of interest has anyone watched the new Picard footage and thought they would like a figure of anything?

I still like the look of Picard in the jacket which resembles his Darmok jacket (do love those Captain specific jackets - like the bomber one I mentioned from TFF, always wanted a wearable one) and Rios who I think looks great in that updated uniform.
I like ST TFF. I like Sybok too! and I think with Sybok we can path the way for the worst Dad in Alpha Quadrant, thr Sarek figure 😅

Very interesting news about the DX Sisko. I wonder if the regular version will be him in just a full uniform without the opened jacket and vest? Because if that's the case I might be forced to get both...
FYI, full load version with have everything that the basic version has, otherwise, no point positioning them as full loaded version. Full load version has “character. ”

STV was a big disappointment at the time, but I gotta say it's become a huge guilty pleasure for me in the years since, and is always just a lot of fun to watch. Especially with all the fun little character moments throughout.
Agreed, each actor seemed to get their own little piece of the spotlight which is odd as Shatner is always regarded as being self centred but his story gave a little something for everyone.
I like ST TFF. I like Sybok too! and I think with Sybok we can path the way for the worst Dad in Alpha Quadrant, thr Sarek figure 😅
I don’t know Dukat was a pretty lousy father at times too… then again his comparison was Sisko.

Back